Overclocking

Yeah the stock Intel fan is a bit rubbish. I use one of these on my Q9450.

Arctic Cooling

Same fittings as Intel so you can potentially fit it without removing your motherboard.

If you buy this one you can't go wrong, your idle temps will be arround 25C then with default settings:

ALTERNATE - HARDWARE - Koeling - Processor - Scythe Mugen SCINF-1000

I use this one too, it is kinda big arround 16cm high so measure the case if it fits.
Cooling pasta is included.

I have the Arctic Cooler. Idle temps for all cores average at 37-40C on a Q6600. Normal?

Stock speed of 2.40 Marcel.

I think it's way too hot idle, mine at stock speed idle is arround 25C.

Try to remove the cooler and remove the cooling pasta.

Only use a half rise grain pasta on it and use a creditcard to put it over the cpu. Be sure to use alcohol on the cpu, cooler and credit card so they are clean.

If that does not work try to lap the cooler and cpu.

I think it's way too hot idle, mine at stock speed idle is arround 25C.

Try to remove the cooler and remove the cooling pasta.

Only use a half rise grain pasta on it and use a creditcard to put it over the cpu. Be sure to use alcohol on the cpu, cooler and credit card so they are clean.

If that does not work try to lap the cooler and cpu.

Right.....I'll go on a walk now searching for all this. Might have to buy cooling paste before working on the cooler. Thanks Marcel. I felt the temps were too high on idle. I kept hearing 25c all over the net and my cores were 40c.

Abdul

Hear of 38idle and 70c load on q6600 quite often ont he net tbh, but you do have aftermarket cooler and no overclock so should be cooler.

You are right, with the stock cooler this is a normal temp, with a better cooler it's just too hot. My Scythe is arround 15C cooler then the Intel cooler.

I run my q6600 at 3.6GHZ for more than a year now, and idle my system is arround 40C with closed case.

Attachments

• qwscvbl00003.jpg
    qwscvbl00003.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 183
  • qwscvbl00002.jpg
    qwscvbl00002.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 185
70C is pushing it in my opinion. Most people say the safe max is about 60C

Mine idles at about 30C and loads at 60C. Thats at 3.5ghz @ 1.42v

Max according to Intel is around 72C, but Am thinkin of stock cooler here! I just know peeps online with around 70C load on q6600's and run them fine, ( aboubvily crap temps though ) but ill shut up because don't personally have experience with quad yet ( too skint! need one too :disapointed: u guys just make me jelous :D )

You are right, with the stock cooler this is a normal temp, with a better cooler it's just too hot. My Scythe is arround 15C cooler then the Intel cooler.

I run my q6600 at 3.6GHZ for more than a year now, and idle my system is arround 40C with closed case.

Ye, which Scythe you got? Just brought one.

The good old Scythe Mugen, i have it for more than a year now and it is great. I advised it to many people and the ones who have it are very pleased about it. But it has to be attached with only a little of pasta, most people use the whole package of paste which comes with the cooler.

This pasta is made to fill up the spots on the cpu and cooler which are not totally flat. This cannot be seen with the eye. The cpu and the cooler need to be as flat as possible to fit right.

So, use only a half rise grain of pasta, then you get the results i have, you can all ask Maik Peters, i mounted his cooler and he is very pleased about the temps.

Sounds good, think the paste should be good on this one? I got theScythe Andy Samurai Master due to it's very low noise and good cooling for price, good reviews for it, and hoping to hit near 3.6ghz on a E6400 with it when sort the new rig out.
454281vb.png

Was ganna get the Artic Cooling Freezer Extreme but was put off by the extreme size! :D
arctic%20cooling%20freezer%20xtreme.jpg

Had the freezer 7 before but I've kinda of broke it pretty bad :(

On stock cooler it's ok, my old 8800GTS could idle at anything from 54c - 62c at idle, max temps 72C max ( they can run up to 88c but that's not very good obviously )

Having the fan on around 70% is good for the 8800's with stock cooler, keeps the temps down nice when in game.

Nvidia cards always run hot. They can get pretty high and still bestable although its best to be low of course. If you don't mind the fan noise turn it up but really theres no biggy in getting up into the 80s. My 8800GTS is fine on stock cooler OC'd just under texture corruption point.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.