Over and Out for Kvyat as Toro Rosso Confirm He Won't Return

i can't get worked up one way or the other. he was a sometimes decent driver who probably lasted longer than he should have.

oh well.

Yeah I feel for him. Stuck in Monaco with nothing to do.
I think we should start up a go fund me campaign :p
Add that cutie pie Piquet to your list too. :)
Kelly-Piquet-Daniil-Kvyat-Girlfriend-6.jpg

Yeah... a lots of stuff we need to feel sorry for him. Not. :unsure:

I just have realized - she look so much like her father it's almost scary !?! :confused:

He showed early promise, but fell apart - in a high pressure, results oriented field like F1, it's not like this is some kind of damning personal flaw. Not everyone is up to it, this stuff happens.

Maybe he'd eventually get back on track, but does anyone really think he's world champion caliber? I kind of doubt it. Too many good, young, ambitious drivers out there looking for a crack at F1 to justify keeping Danil in the seat (though there are certainly other, much crappier drivers in the field, they are harder to dislodge for a multitude of reasons, so we gotta take turnover where we can get it).

No ill will towards Danil - I wish him luck and would happily root for him in IndyCar, sports cars, DTM, wherever.

Rather childish how some people think it's hard to feel sorry for him just because he has more money and a good-looking GF that happens to be related to a former big name.

Why taking such pleasure in bashing this man?
I think it all started when Kvyat quite legitimately overtook Vetel in China 2016.

Let's be honest guys, was only there because of his passport really, has been a magnet for incident and is clearly quick, but nothing special.

Same as Buemi, Vergne etc, but got longer coz he was Russian

And as a Russian fan, I can say that foreign fans give more support for Kvyat than most of the Russians. There is so much hate for him! Why? Because a lot of people don't really think he's Russian because he lives in Italy for a long time. They did not recognize him as a Russian. For foreigners he's "that freaking Russian torpedo", for Russians he's "that freaking untalented asshole". No one here and there liked him a lot which is sad.

Because a lot of people don't really think he's Russian because he lives in Italy for a long time.
That's pathetic of them. I don't think you necessarily have to like someone just because he's of the same nationality, but hating him because he's not a "true" compatriot because of something as arbitrary as him living in Italy is beyond stupid.

its a shame he started to be called the torpedo because of vettel...........even though that overtake in china was fine and vettel, as usual, was smoking something - his version of events are normally vastly different from what's actually happened.
ironically if anyones the torpedo its been vettel, as he's proved twice this year.
god i hate vettel, i thought he was the next schumi, but clearly not. Verstappen is the new lord of f1.

It's a shame it ended like this. Personally, I put a lot of the blame on Toro Rosso and Red Bull for picking him up, dropping him, picking him up, dropping him constantly. They ruined any confidence he had in himself, then essentially used it as a weapon against him.

I hope to see him go to another series to rebuild his confidence, then come back stronger later. There is a good driver in there, we saw it, but his mental state is clearly all over the place right now and he needs to sort that out before continuing in F1.

Yes he has had his chance.
To stay in F1 you have either to be either;
a) Really, Really good (Pro driver) or
b) Really really rich (pay driver).
Being pretty good doesn't work. Unless you beat your team mate, or maybe if he is a recognised one of the top handful, get very close then its not going to last.

its a shame he started to be called the torpedo because of vettel...........even though that overtake in china was fine and vettel, as usual, was smoking something - his version of events are normally vastly different from what's actually happened.
ironically if anyones the torpedo its been vettel, as he's proved twice this year.
god i hate vettel, i thought he was the next schumi, but clearly not. Verstappen is the new lord of f1.

Agree about China... that gap that Vettel left was huge - 'if you don't go for a gap, etc'

I do agree Kvyat has had his chance in F1 though.. as others said its not for everyone and he can't handle the pressure, especially with the red bull program being as brutal as it is.

Back to Vettel though...hate is a bit of a strong word, but I am starting to loose a lot of respect for him the more and more his version of events are vastly different from what happened - singapore being another fine example of this. I agree he is one of the top drivers but he's not quite got the ultimate pace of Hamilton or the completeness of Alonso.

Agree about China... that gap that Vettel left was huge - 'if you don't go for a gap, etc'

I do agree Kvyat has had his chance in F1 though.. as others said its not for everyone and he can't handle the pressure, especially with the red bull program being as brutal as it is.

Back to Vettel though...hate is a bit of a strong word, but I am starting to loose a lot of respect for him the more and more his version of events are vastly different from what happened - singapore being another fine example of this. I agree he is one of the top drivers but he's not quite got the ultimate pace of Hamilton or the completeness of Alonso.

Kvyat did ok against Ricciardo ( plenty of pressure there ) he was unfortunate that "Max" was around.
Any confidence he had, has been knocked out of him by the treatment he has had...he is only a kid of 23.
To say he is not a winner and so he must go, is laughable; that statement applies to most of the grid.

Concerning Vettel; for me he is the best driver, (along with Alonso) currently.
Trouble with Vettel is, he says a lot of stuff tongue in cheek and not everybody gets that, same with his dry sense of humor.

There are plenty of reasons people start to dislike Vettel. The finger initially, the endless team radio bitching and the "I am like Michael and will never give any room " driving.

Kvyat would have paid significantly for his ride, this Red Bull ladder is a smoke screen, you seriously think an F1 team would take a risk on guys like Stroll, Max, Kvyat if they were not being heavily compensated aswell?

You will never believe it, but it is certainly a factor, don't believe the hype train people like Red Bull and PR feed you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.