OSW settings sharing and feedback thread

As OSW's become more common place, I thought it might help if we used a single thread to share feedback and our findings for different games.

One of the things I've started is doing a control experiment where I run the same car at the same track with the stock setup while making adjustments to Simucube, ini's and in game settings. Then I run laps and write down the difference. I think a spec format followed by an overall impressions could work so people can easily go down the thread and pick out things that work for them.

Game: Assetto Corsa
Track: Nordschleife
MiGe Motor size: 20nm
Settings Version: 1.0
Car: Porsche 911 RSR
Setup changes: Stock
Laptime range: 6:43 - 6:46
Assetto Corsa ini changes:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut

location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=0

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
DAMPER_GAIN=0.0

Simucube:
upload_2018-8-14_23-41-47.png

Assetto Corsa In-Game settings:
upload_2018-8-14_23-40-43.png

Impressions:

So far I've found this to setup to give a great sense of the car, the road and the intensity of driving a high performance car at a demanding track. As my primary goal is immersion and track substitution, the feedback aspects are something I prioritize over outright laptimes. I expect the laptimes to improve as a byproduct of experience but getting the right motion cues and building up the muscle memory appropriately (within the limitations of a game world) are my first priority. I found this setup to work great with anything from a MX5 to a F2004. For AC atleast, I feel that I can stop tinkering and just enjoy the game.

• Deleted member 197115

Try to remove all filters except reconstructive in SimuCube.
And set kerb and road effects to 0 in AC, small Slip effect ~10% is actually quite nice and adds to immersion when you start sliding or spinning tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Was going to start a new thread, but this seems to fit in here. OSW, small mige. Updated to the newest firmware and SimuCUBE. After updating, I seem to get some crazy responses. I am not sure what should be changed. I've gone through and tried many settings changes, and I cant put my finger on it yet.

When driving through any corner, I get spikes of torque. 5 or 10 in a corner sometimes. Smooth turn, right in the center of the track, no loss of traction, and then it feels like the tire was hit with a sledge hammer, trying to jerk the wheel from my hands. I currently only have Overall strength at 34%, so it's not likely to damage anything. This is really killing my immersion.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
That sounds really strange. I have not experienced anything like that with mine and I have the same setup as you. I can't think what setting to change to see if it makes a difference. Maybe post a screen shot of the settings you are using (make sure it happens with those settings before posting it).

Upvote 0
With the new firmware it's been recommended to just run at unlimited. There should no longer be side effects associated with running it as high as you can. I never experienced it but there used to be issues with running above 680Hz I think it is. Now you should be running unlimited.

Upvote 0
That sounds really strange. I have not experienced anything like that with mine and I have the same setup as you. I can't think what setting to change to see if it makes a difference. Maybe post a screen shot of the settings you are using (make sure it happens with those settings before posting it).

I think I found my issue. For Assetto Corsa, I started using FFBClip. This required several things to happen before success. I tried to use my SimuCube settings with overall strength at 34%, but that is what I believe the problem was. So, I recreated a new LUT file with 100% power in SimuCube, and using a more through WheelCheck.exe test. I'm putting in a pic, so anyone can see the results of a small MiGE motor.

After fixing those things, Assetto Corsa is now starting to feel WAY better. I do still get a sharp kick entering Eau Rouge, but that has something to do with the right hand curb, more than the wheel settings I think.

These are my basic Assetto Corsa settings now.

wheelcheckLUT.JPG Assetto.JPG Assetto2.JPG Assetto3.JPG

Upvote 0
I think I found my issue. For Assetto Corsa, I started using FFBClip. This required several things to happen before success. I tried to use my SimuCube settings with overall strength at 34%, but that is what I believe the problem was. So, I recreated a new LUT file with 100% power in SimuCube, and using a more through WheelCheck.exe test. I'm putting in a pic, so anyone can see the results of a small MiGE motor.

After fixing those things, Assetto Corsa is now starting to feel WAY better. I do still get a sharp kick entering Eau Rouge, but that has something to do with the right hand curb, more than the wheel settings I think.

These are my basic Assetto Corsa settings now.

View attachment 267630 View attachment 267631 View attachment 267632 View attachment 267633

Da Fuq are you running FFBClip for ?

And a bunch of canned effects.....uff.:O_o:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

LUT, FFBClip?
Leave that to weanie consumer wheels.

Upvote 0
LUT, FFBClip?
Leave that to weanie consumer wheels.
RF2 feels great, AC was not so much. So, would you suggest doing nothing, or experimenting to find what works? FFBClip makes it pretty easy to see where problems are and work on them, while in car. So whether it stays or not, will be determined later, but right now, I have made more progress in fixing the situation.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea