Osella @ Aosta gsport - wednesday March 16th 2011

So, just started learning Aosta Gsport. What a fun track! I'm wondering what times people are turning on the track in the Osella. I love the car. Very stable until pushed just to the edge. My best times so far are 1:26:xx. How far off the fast pace is that? And are we going to race this track dry or wet?

So, just started learning Aosta Gsport. What a fun track! I'm wondering what times people are turning on the track in the Osella. I love the car. Very stable until pushed just to the edge. My best times so far are 1:26:xx. How far off the fast pace is that? And are we going to race this track dry or wet?

I'm not sure anymore Phil, but it would be good to know asap as wet is a completely different experience, needing a completely different setup and driving style.

I'll be in for this as I love the Osella, unlike Aosta which I can never seem to get to grips with. Still, worth the effort.

Edit: sorry, I'm out...the fps hit I get here is too much in the rain.

Bjorn is 2x15 for the race Aostat GSP in the rain or 15 rain and 15 sec , we need to know because the two are totally different setup ! please do reply us soon because the test is in 10 hours !!!!! lol

Bjorn pour la course Aostat GSP c'est 2x15 sous la pluie ou 15 pluie et 15 sec,nous avons besoin de savoir car les 2 setup sont totalement différent !! s'il te plait réponds nous vite car l'épreuve est dans 10 heures !!!!!lol

Yikes. I didn't notice the change in the description in the first post and have been waiting word on weather and practicing dry. Don't know if I'll have time to practice wet and work up a setup for that by race time. Drat! Sure was looking forward to one of these club races again (finally having race day off from work). Perhaps I'll drive anyway. But I'll leave if I can't keep it on the track or drive fast enough to not be a "moving chicane."

Fun :)

I was very close to Paul in qualifying, quite happy with that. But was slower than him in the race.
I guess you some pitstop issues or something? I came in too fast, and then had to reverse back to do my stop :D. Still, came up 10-12 seconds in front :confused:

Was tip-toeing around carefully, Paul caught up, and spun behind me. Was that my doing? I tend to brake early. Apologies if so.

In the end, got 2nd place, I think? No clue how :)

Race 2 started badly, spun, damage, had to go to pits. Then a window popped up, and I got stuck there for a few laps. Didn't even think I could go back, but tried it, and it worked! So I went back to do some more sliding :)

Love the rain, love the track, love the car. Awesome :thanks:

Kamran thank you for the congratulations , the wet races are really super tiring , Maxi concentration is everywhere , it slips and slides it ! lol
aside for harvesting of snail I prefer the dry !

merci Kamran pour les félicitations,les courses sous la pluie sont vraiment super Fatigantes ,c'est concentration Maxi partout , cela patine et que cela glisse!!!lol
a part pour la récolte d'escargot je préfère le sec!!!

Had fun with both races and grats to the podiums in both races.
Rain is def. something to respect I knew that I hadn't done enough laps before the event but still enjoyed the race.
You did very well Senad very fast in race one. :)

la Semaine de course est finie il était temps je suis mort !!!!

ce soir pas de probleme particulier et nous nous étions bien entrainé avec Mon Ami Paul ,avions bien affuté nos setup et nous étions pret, dommage qu'il sorte dans le premier tour de la 2 eme course car nous étions parti pour faire 2 doublés, mais P3 c'est quand meme pas mal ,surtout dans ces conditions, pas facile la pluie pas facile du tout !!!!tout change, les freinages,les trajectoires,et surtout les setups mais il me semble avoir comprit!!!
en ce qui me concerne bon depart pour les deux courses et j'aie prit tout de suite le rythme avec des tours en 1.36/1.37 et 1 best lap en 1.35.6 je crois, une grosse erreur au stand dans la 2 eme course en ravitaillant me coute 40 secondes: j'avais légerement touché les pneus a la derniere épingle droite mais la voiture était conduisible,je profite de mon arret ravitaillement pour réparer, et, j'oublie le set de fuel !!!!!!
je recule légerement ,et je heurte le mur, refix de la voiture,refuel et GO ,40 secondes!!!!!! heureusement que j'avais de l'avance,c'est ce genre de conneries qui vous fait perdre une course!!!

Bravo aux deux podium ,A Paul ,a Kamran pour son P2 ,et a Senad dont la progression entre le practice ,les qualyfs et les courses ,a été vraiment tres impressionnante !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo Messieurs

pas de replay cette fois ,j'aie oublié de le sauvegarder!!!!!!!!!!
Merci Race Department ,Merci Bjorn pour m'avoir permit ces deux victoires (ce qui m'en fait 4 ces 4 derniers jours!! lol Il faut que j'arrete) et surtout merci aux participants !!!!!!!!!!!

Week race is over it was time I am dead !
tonight no particular problem and we were well trained with my friend Paul , had very sharp our setup and we were ready , so that damage in the first round of the 2 nd race because we were left to make 2 doubles , P3 but it 's still not bad, especially in these conditions , no rain easy not easy at all ! " everything changes, braking, trajectories , and especially the setups but I seem to have understood !
in my case good start for both races and I immediately took the pace with tours and a best lap 1.36/1.37 in 1.35.6 I think a big mistake to stand in the 2 nd race refueling costs me 40 seconds : I slightly touched the tires at the last straight pin but the car was drivable , I take my pit stop to repair , and forget the set of fuel !!!!!!
I recoil slightly , and I hit the wall , refix the car , refuel and GO , 40 seconds !!!!!! Fortunately I had the advance , it is this kind of crap that makes you lose a race !

Bravo to both podium , A Paul, Kamran for his P2 , and Senad whose progression from the driving range , and the qualyfs races , was really very impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Bravo Gentlemen

no replay this time , I forgot to save it !!!!!!!!!!
Race Department thank you , Thank you Bjorn for allowing me these two wins (which makes me 4 the last 4 days ! lol I have stop ) and thank you to participants !!!!!!!!! !

Last night was a blast for me. Both races were challenging in every way, pitstops, fuel consumption, tyres. Alone just making in to the pits was not easy. Congrats to Laurent for the double win:thumbup:!

Race one, I had a slow pitstop and before I knew I was doddling Senad gained on me. Well done Senad!:D Later he made a mistake and I took advantage of it :redface: But all in all a real endurance race and the most exciting yet. I ran out of fuel 10 meters before the finish line and had to coast in!!! Pile-poil!

Race two, tried too hard to keep up with "Le Maître" lol and found myself in the sand pit like a noob! Had to esc and lost a lap. Also the two races were so close together I forgot to change tyres so was extra flat spotted and slidey. In the end, I guess the others wiped out or something and I got a 3rd.

@Senad, no worries, that spin out I helped myself to, nothing to do with you! :)

Also,
I find it sad we were only a few drivers for the first Rain race. A bunch of people moaned and complained on all the forums about Kunos not releasing the rain version and now no one wants to race it.
Oh yeah, and of course thanks to Bjorn! for still making these club races possible.:thanks:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back