Open Letter to Kunos Simulazioni and the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Open Letter Kunos Simulazioni.jpg

Dear Kunos Simulazioni,

There is no doubt that what you have managed to achieve over the lifetime of Assetto Corsa, from its early access period to it's current state (v1.1), has been incredibly impressive, especially considering the relative size of your development team (approximately 15 people, we believe). From the humble beginnings of a single track, and a couple of sports cars, Assetto Corsa has become one of the highest selling racing games on steam, and deservedly so, thanks to intelligent investment, ultra-high quality (and popular) content, unparalleled driving physics, and a vast expanse of modding capability. Assetto Corsa easily has the most potential to be something truly great out of all the current simulators on the market today.

However, despite all of these fantastic things, there is still one aspect of Assetto Corsa (that we here at RaceDepartment are especially passionate about) that is detracting from the rest of the game in a significant way: Multiplayer functionality, usability and netcode solidity. In its present state, we feel that the quality of the multiplayer experience is still vastly inadequate in comparison to not only the the rest of Assetto Corsa's competition, but inferior even to that of games seen in the early-mid 2000's. From a users perspective, the way Assetto Corsa handles latency differences and especially collisions, is not exactly what you would call a pretty sight, and this must be addressed if Assetto Corsa is to be taken seriously by online racing communities such as this one.

Having a well-oiled multiplayer machine, so to speak, is essential to the long term sustainability of a simulator to not only remain relevant to the consumer, but to have them coming back for more (iRacing, rFactor 2 and Game Stock Car Extreme are all excellent examples of this, and all of them, incidentally, are your direct competitors in the sim market). Unfortunately at the present moment, we don't feel that Assetto Corsa's multiplayer currently offers the stability and function required to keep the clients coming back for more. As a result, we've seen a distinct trend in our RaceDepartment club races where we have a vast influx of drivers soon after a significant update, and then a significant drop off in participation within a period of a week or so, as the drivers quickly realise that the other competing racing sims still offer more features and enjoyment during multiplayer races.

Properly functioning multiplayer races with fully supported features including sector splits, live timing, broadcast/spectator mode, stable netcode for high ping users, reverse grid features, multiple races, far more numerous number of grid slots (what GT series races with only 24 cars?), pitstop improvements and many many more features are all necessary for a complete and sustainable sim that will not only be profitable for you in the long run, but will also maximize the users enjoyment and will vastly increase the life span of the sim.

If you look at it from a 'man and machine versus the track' perspective, then few other racing sims out there can compete with what Assetto Corsa offers in terms of physics, sound and track immersion, providing what is probably the best hot-lapping and practice simulator available to the consumer ever created. However, looking at it as a 'multiplayer racing sim', then you quickly realise just how far Assetto Corsa seems to be lagging behind the competition.

We completely understand that such things take time to develop, and we are more than willing to be patient and wait for improvements for the multiplayer side of things to progress, however, Assetto Corsa has been in development now for more than enough time to warrant an acceptable standard of multiplayer functionality and stability. Given the huge level of success that Assetto Corsa has experienced, we believe that budgetary constraints might not represent such a big hurdle anymore for the studio, especially in terms of netcode investment.

Whilst it cannot be stressed enough just how amazing the quality of the content (cars and tracks) has been, we here at RaceDepartment feel very strongly that you, Kunos Simulazioni, must shift your attention from implementing new cars and tracks to improving the functionality of the game. If it is not addressed soon, then you'll run a real risk of seeing a significant and rapid decline in the population of the Assetto Corsa user-base.

As the largest SimRacing community in the world, we sincerely hope that the issues highlighted above will be focused on more heavily in future, as we believe that Assetto Corsa has the potential to be one of the top class racing simulators on the market.

In closing, we would like to leave you with one final thought, and that's that; whilst it's a surreal and genuinely spine-tingling experience to be able to drive highly accurate replications of legendary race tracks and cars, what is the point of all of this incredible content, if the limitations of the game's functionality and usability are preventing us from realising its full potential?

Hopefully in the not too distant future, Assetto Corsa will prove to be the amazing racing simulator that we, and everyone else, know it has the potential to be.

Kind Regards,
RaceDepartment.

Cari Kunos Simulazioni,
Non c'è dubbio che quello che siete riusciti a realizzare con Assetto Corsa, dalla sua fase early access alla sua versione corrente (1.1), sia stato incredibilmente notevole, specialmente considerando le dimensioni del team di sviluppo (circa 15 persone, crediamo).
Dai suoi umili inizi con un singolo tracciato e qualche auto sportiva, Assetto Corsa è diventato uno dei racing game più venduti su Steam, meritatamente, per via degli investimenti intelligenti, contenuti di qualità altissima (e popolari), fisica di guida impareggiabile ed un vasto supporto al modding.

Assetto Corsa ha indubbiamente il maggior potenziale per diventare qualcosa di davvero grandioso tra tutti i simulatori al momento sul mercato.

Ma, nonostante tutte queste fantastiche qualità, c'è ancora un aspetto di Assetto Corsa (a cui noi di RaceDepartment siamo particolarmente appassionati) che detrae dal resto del gioco in maniera significativa: la funzionalità, usabilità e stabilità del netcode in Multiplayer.
Crediamo che la qualità dell'esperienza multiplayer, nel suo stato attuale, sia ancora in gran parte inadeguata se confrontata non solo con i suoi rivali, ma anche con simulatori dei primi anni 2000.

Dal punto di vista dell'utente, il modo in cui Assetto Corsa gestisce le differenze di latenza e specialmente le collisioni non è esattamente ideale, e questo deve essere migliorato se il titolo vuole essere preso sul serio dalle comunità di racing online come la nostra.
Avere un sistema multiplayer ben oliato, per così dire, è essenziale alla sostenibilità a lungo termine di un simulatore - non solo per rimanere rilevante per il consumatore, ma anche per fare in modo che questo ritorni (iRacing, rFactor 2 e Game Stock Car Extreme sono tutti ottimi esempi, e che tra l'altro sono tutti vostri diretti competitori nel mercato dei simulatori).

Sfortunatamente al momento non ci sembra che il multiplayer di Assetto Corsa offra la stabilità e le funzionalità richieste per fare in modo che i clienti ritornino.

Come diretto risultato, abbiamo notato una marcata tendenza nelle corse del nostro RaceDepartment club in cui abbiamo un grande influsso di giocatori immediatamente dopo un aggiornamento importante, per poi vedere una significativa diminuzione nel giro di una settimana circa, man mano che i piloti si rendono conto che gli altri competitori nel mercato dei racing sim offrono più funzionalità per le corse in multiplayer.

Corse in multiplayer propriamente funzionanti con caratteristiche come split per i settori, cronometraggio in tempo reale, modalità spettatore\di trasmissione, netcode stabile per gli utenti con un ping alto, modalità a griglia invertita, corse multiple, un numero molto maggiore di posti sulla griglia (quale corsa GT ha solo 24 auto?), miglioramenti ai pitstop ed altre ancora sono necessarie per un simulatore completo e sostenibile che non solo sarà redditizio per voi, ma massimizzerà anche il divertimento degli utenti e aumenterà sostanzialmente l'arco di vita del vostro titolo.

Guardandolo dalla prospettiva di “uomo e macchina contro il tracciato”, pochi altri simulatori sul mercato possono competere con quello che offre Assetto Corsa in termini di fisica, sonoro ed immersione su pista, creando quella che è probabilmente il miglior simulatore di hot-lapping e pratica mai creato e venduto al consumatore.
Tuttavia, guardandolo come un “simulatore di corse in multiplayer”, ci si rende conto che Assetto Corsa è piuttosto indietro rispetto ai suoi rivali.

Noi capiamo completamente che cose del genere richiedono tempo per essere sviluppate, e siamo più che volenterosi di essere pazienti ed aspettare dei miglioramenti al multiplayer, ma Assetto Corsa è ormai in fase di sviluppo da abbastanza tempo per garantire uno standard accettabile di funzionalità e stabilità nelle modalità online.
Visto l'enorme successo che Assetto Corsa ha avuto, crediamo che i limiti di budget forse non siano più un grande ostacolo per lo studio, particolarmente in termini di investimento sul netcode.

Sebbene la qualità dei contenuti (sia auto che tracciati) sia davvero incredibile, noi di RaceDepartment crediamo fortemente che voi, Kunos Simulazioni, dobbiate spostare la vostra attenzione dall'implementare nuovi contenuti al migliorare la funzionalità del gioco. Se questi problemi non saranno risolti a breve, allora correrete il rischio di vedere un declino rapido e significativo del bacino d'utenza di Assetto Corsa.
Come la più grande community di SimRacing nel mondo, noi crediamo sinceramente che i problemi di cui abbiamo scritto sopra riceveranno più attenzione in futuro, perché crediamo che Assetto Corsa abbia il potenziale per diventare IL simulatore di corse sul mercato.

In chiusura, vorremmo lasciarvi con un ultimo pensiero: mentre essere in grado di guidare repliche incredibilmente accurate di auto e tracciati leggendari è un'esperienza surreale e davvero eccitante, a cosa servono tutti questi contenuti eccezionali se le limitazioni della funzionalità ed usabilità del gioco ci impediscono di realizzare tutto il loro potenziale?

Speriamo che in un futuro non troppo lontano Assetto Corsa dimostrerà di essere l'incredibile simulatore di corse che noi, così come chiunque altro, sappiamo che può diventare.

Cordiali saluti,
RaceDepartment.

Maybe we should open a "THANK YOU KUNOS" thread and Bram would be so kind as to make him OP ?

Things to do :

- Not expect anything from KUNOS because it is their job and they are tired (who else has a job and is tired ?)

- Choose the right moment to give constructive criticism because Kunos employees have a personal life (who else... )

- Be happy to have so much content for such a low price

Well, this is great. It is a chance that it is not the same in politics or our poor democracies would have even more troubles.

What this police forum fails to realize is that after almost 3 years (2 or 3 I don't even know) of people supporting the product AS MUCH AS THEM, people built expectations.

If Kunos needs more money to complete the project, why don't they ask for funds ? I'm sure lot of people here would be glad to donate a few bucks or help if they have skills.

As far as I know, NO ONE bashed them here, and when you pay for something you expect support. No one asked for it to be delivered in impossible delays, people would just like to hear that it is being at least worked on. And this has nothing to do with loving the work of the studio or not, because as far as I'm concerned, AC is great

How many people in this forum didn't open there wallet wide open as soon as they proposed something ? I had the tech demo DAY ONE (and I was in Thaïland with a crappy laptop but I wanted to launch the game !), Early Access paid DAY ONE, DLC preordered DAY ONE.

And I am sure many people here did the same and took any opportunity they had to back up Kunos financially, and would gladly do again. And you know what ? We do it gladly, even if many of us know that it is still gonna be far from perfect on the points that are listed in this open letter !

If this is not involvment what is ?

Last edited:
I'll try and steer this topic back on track a little with a nice old fashioned wall of text. :p

Firstly, whoever is waiting on a response from Kunos, I wouldn't exactly hold your breath.

While this letter is written well and with good intentions, I can't help but feel that it's a little pointless (feel a little harsh in saying that, but it's my honest opinion, sorry :)). Kunos already know that AC isn't anywhere near perfect. There's a saying that you are your own best critic, and without a doubt this applies here. Kunos aren't trapped in some huge bubble that needs long posts on front pages of websites to tell them what needs work. Their own forum is proof enough for them that many things need fixing and many features commonplace in other sims need including. For all the benefit that spreading the word does in applying a bit more force in getting Kunos to address these problems, AC players are already well aware about these problems, fanboys of other sims just use this as ammunition to proclaim their own sim of choice as being better and the only thing it produces in the following discussion is post wars between different types of AC players like it basically has here.

Not to mention this post has set fire to another completely different topic concerning RD's new premium system as well due to a bit of unfortunate timing, which in my mind is a different topic for discussion altogether. For the record I have always happily understood why that change was made, though I'm a vocal critic of the system in it's current implementation despite being a premium member from months before the new restrictions were implemented. No more talk on that here from me.

Back on topic, I'm sure multiple members of KS have read this post and will actively take note of the concerns of a large community like this have put forward, even if they have heard these things countless times before. However, any sort of public response from them will trigger negative reactions. If they come up with a post promising that they'll take on board all this information and put a renewed focus on MP, it will end up angering guys who are wanting stuff in single player to also be worked on (which is apparently the majority of AC players if the stats are to be believed), as the Career mode and AI need just as much work as the MP does. It will also mean some people will take such a response as being a clear cut statement that the MP will be perfect in the next update and are just setting themselves up for eventual disappointment which nearly always morphs into irrational anger.

If they decided on a quick and generic "we understand your concerns" sort of response instead, some people would take that to be a confirmation that Kunos have lost touch with the community or some BS like that. They can't ever win and it's amazing game devs like Kunos still maintain close ties with the community when fanbases can turn on them on a dime if they even mutter a single word wrong.

For them, it is best to just quietly take on board these claims and double down on making the next series of updates a perfect response to the critics of both the SP and MP parts of AC. No focus on either mode, just a straight up awesome update that all types of players will be happy with. Will they address every single criticism of both modes in that one update? Not in a million years, but we all have to be patient. The team is so small to the point that they only have one full time coder and that Italian guitar guru living in the Philippines has a life and family too. :) I have no doubts this sim will end up being a superb and more importantly complete sim in the long run. It still has upwards of 5 more years of updates to come based on the 2020 trademark, both for new content via DLC and core game patches and feature updates. It is still in it's early days, and it's not a bad package when you view it like this.

Does that mean the leagues here may not be able to get underway in the near future? That's at the discretion of RD's admins, but I don't really see the rush. Why not do these leagues in other sims while we wait? We will soon be spoiled for choice in this department and while AC remains as good as it's core as it is now, the worry that it will be forgotten is overly pessimistic. When (not if) the game is ready for premier leagues, they will be hugely popular even a year from now. Hell, if games like the Codies F1 games created successful leagues with the basically broken netcode featured in them, delivered by a much larger dev team no less, the situation here is minor compared with what changes were needed in those games. And it's not like any of this is stopping the club races from scratching the organised race itch or anything. :)

You think Kunos don't have any interest in the league community? Even v1.1 proves that Kunos recognise that leagues are important. Why else would they include a feature to lower the quality of replays to make them 4x smaller? Not many people who solely play offline would ever need multiple hour replays. It is a feature leagues have asked for and Kunos have delivered. Replays at the lowest quality setting still look awesome and can last upwards of 5x as long as the old limit. It's a small thing, but it says to me that Kunos are trying their hardest to please their entire fanbase in equal measure.

Patience is the greatest virtue anyone can have. I'll continue to enjoy AC as my main sim for months to come, even as a MP-focused player. I enjoy the club races here massively and I even occasionally enjoy the chaos on public servers from time to time. There are many more like me for sure, and after participating in a taste of what an RD league is like with the RDVFAC, I'm patiently eager for more in that regard. :)

A few final points to address: DLC content releases have no major impact on core game updates. This has been said dozens of times in the past and it is by no means a lie. Kunos have guys focused solely on DLC and licensing. If they dropped all new DLC releases, that would create a new set of complainers over how AC has no content even when there's dozens of great mods to fill the gaps there, and by god, this community doesn't need another huge subset of upset people. :p

For people complaining about how this game doesn't constitute a 1.0 release, take a step back and realise just how many other games out there that started in early access (or still remain there) achieved the aims that they laid out when they first released the game to the public. Kunos have nailed just about every promise they listed when they first released AC on Steam over a year ago now. This is a rarity for an early access released game from a small team. They didn't sell the game based on hype generated by listing features that would not see the light of day for years, if ever. They have been blunt and realistic in what they knew they could achieve as a small group, and despite these realistic goals the sim we have today is still a great sim at its core.

Let's face it, we would all be much more irate if Kunos had come out and promised day/night and dynamic weather systems for launch and then come 1.0 had said "yeah, sorry guys, that's not happening anymore". This sort of thing is becoming commonplace in other early access games and being justly criticised for it, as they heavily abuse on the written provision that features can change during development at any time and any purchase made in this period is made at the customer's risk, which is essentially why these early access periods have the game at a discount. We didn't get heavily burned with AC. While we still wait for new features, many other games out there remain fundamentally broken with no updates on the horizon while still asking for cash. If this were the case with AC this would be worthy of community outcry, but for now we have a situation that can be rectified in a product that still works right now. It will take time to rectify these issues completely, though for me, something delayed is always eventually awesome. Something rushed and released in a broken state will always leave me sour even if it is eventually fixed, and it's why I feel a bit sad that 1.1 seemed to be rushed out with many bugs because so many people were dying for the Dream Pack to be released ASAP. Oh well, at least the hot-fixes are coming in at a good pace. :)

That's my essay complete. Hoping for a B+. :p

I'll try and steer this topic back on track a little with a nice old fashioned wall of text. :p

Firstly, whoever is waiting on a response from Kunos, I wouldn't exactly hold your breath.

While this letter is written well and with good intentions, I can't help but feel that it's a little pointless (feel a little harsh in saying that, but it's my honest opinion, sorry :)). Kunos already know that AC isn't anywhere near perfect. There's a saying that you are your own best critic, and without a doubt this applies here. Kunos aren't trapped in some huge bubble that needs long posts on front pages of websites to tell them what needs work. Their own forum is proof enough for them that many things need fixing and many features commonplace in other sims need including. For all the benefit that spreading the word does in applying a bit more force in getting Kunos to address these problems, AC players are already well aware about these problems, fanboys of other sims just use this as ammunition to proclaim their own sim of choice as being better and the only thing it produces in the following discussion is post wars between different types of AC players like it basically has here.

Not to mention this post has set fire to another completely different topic concerning RD's new premium system as well due to a bit of unfortunate timing, which in my mind is a different topic for discussion altogether. For the record I have always happily understood why that change was made, though I'm a vocal critic of the system in it's current implementation despite being a premium member from months before the new restrictions were implemented. No more talk on that here from me.

Back on topic, I'm sure multiple members of KS have read this post and will actively take note of the concerns of a large community like this have put forward, even if they have heard these things countless times before. However, any sort of public response from them will trigger negative reactions. If they come up with a post promising that they'll take on board all this information and put a renewed focus on MP, it will end up angering guys who are wanting stuff in single player to also be worked on (which is apparently the majority of AC players if the stats are to be believed), as the Career mode and AI need just as much work as the MP does. It will also mean some people will take such a response as being a clear cut statement that the MP will be perfect in the next update and are just setting themselves up for eventual disappointment which nearly always morphs into irrational anger.

If they decided on a quick and generic "we understand your concerns" sort of response instead, some people would take that to be a confirmation that Kunos have lost touch with the community or some BS like that. They can't ever win and it's amazing game devs like Kunos still maintain close ties with the community when fanbases can turn on them on a dime if they even mutter a single word wrong.

For them, it is best to just quietly take on board these claims and double down on making the next series of updates a perfect response to the critics of both the SP and MP parts of AC. No focus on either mode, just a straight up awesome update that all types of players will be happy with. Will they address every single criticism of both modes in that one update? Not in a million years, but we all have to be patient. The team is so small to the point that they only have one full time coder and that Italian guitar guru living in the Philippines has a life and family too. :) I have no doubts this sim will end up being a superb and more importantly complete sim in the long run. It still has upwards of 5 more years of updates to come based on the 2020 trademark, both for new content via DLC and core game patches and feature updates. It is still in it's early days, and it's not a bad package when you view it like this.

Does that mean the leagues here may not be able to get underway in the near future? That's at the discretion of RD's admins, but I don't really see the rush. Why not do these leagues in other sims while we wait? We will soon be spoiled for choice in this department and while AC remains as good as it's core as it is now, the worry that it will be forgotten is overly pessimistic. When (not if) the game is ready for premier leagues, they will be hugely popular even a year from now. Hell, if games like the Codies F1 games created successful leagues with the basically broken netcode featured in them, delivered by a much larger dev team no less, the situation here is minor compared with what changes were needed in those games. And it's not like any of this is stopping the club races from scratching the organised race itch or anything. :)

You think Kunos don't have any interest in the league community? Even v1.1 proves that Kunos recognise that leagues are important. Why else would they include a feature to lower the quality of replays to make them 4x smaller? Not many people who solely play offline would ever need multiple hour replays. It is a feature leagues have asked for and Kunos have delivered. Replays at the lowest quality setting still look awesome and can last upwards of 5x as long as the old limit. It's a small thing, but it says to me that Kunos are trying their hardest to please their entire fanbase in equal measure.

Patience is the greatest virtue anyone can have. I'll continue to enjoy AC as my main sim for months to come, even as a MP-focused player. I enjoy the club races here massively and I even occasionally enjoy the chaos on public servers from time to time. There are many more like me for sure, and after participating in a taste of what an RD league is like with the RDVFAC, I'm patiently eager for more in that regard. :)

A few final points to address: DLC content releases have no major impact on core game updates. This has been said dozens of times in the past and it is by no means a lie. Kunos have guys focused solely on DLC and licensing. If they dropped all new DLC releases, that would create a new set of complainers over how AC has no content even when there's dozens of great mods to fill the gaps there, and by god, this community doesn't need another huge subset of upset people. :p

For people complaining about how this game doesn't constitute a 1.0 release, take a step back and realise just how many other games out there that started in early access (or still remain there) achieved the aims that they laid out when they first released the game to the public. Kunos have nailed just about every promise they listed when they first released AC on Steam over a year ago now. This is a rarity for an early access released game from a small team. They didn't sell the game based on hype generated by listing features that would not see the light of day for years, if ever. They have been blunt and realistic in what they knew they could achieve as a small group, and despite these realistic goals the sim we have today is still a great sim at its core.

Let's face it, we would all be much more irate if Kunos had come out and promised day/night and dynamic weather systems for launch and then come 1.0 had said "yeah, sorry guys, that's not happening anymore". This sort of thing is becoming commonplace in other early access games and being justly criticised for it, as they heavily abuse on the written provision that features can change during development at any time and any purchase made in this period is made at the customer's risk, which is essentially why these early access periods have the game at a discount. We didn't get heavily burned with AC. While we still wait for new features, many other games out there remain fundamentally broken with no updates on the horizon while still asking for cash. If this were the case with AC this would be worthy of community outcry, but for now we have a situation that can be rectified in a product that still works right now. It will take time to rectify these issues completely, though for me, something delayed is always eventually awesome. Something rushed and released in a broken state will always leave me sour even if it is eventually fixed, and it's why I feel a bit sad that 1.1 seemed to be rushed out with many bugs because so many people were dying for the Dream Pack to be released ASAP. Oh well, at least the hot-fixes are coming in at a good pace. :)

That's my essay complete. Hoping for a B+. :p

Coming from someone that has worked on an "Alpha/Pre-Alpha" game... i couldn't agree more

The fun is, if you can drive door to door without being afraid of sudden collisions... It is just brilliant, if you can do a bit of rubbing without dying :D

Here a good example from a club race. All the drivers knew each other and we gave ourselfs a very hard time just for the fun of it. There are several small(ish) contacts and the reactions of the cars where fine.

P.S. Don't give me any that sim, this sim hate. Just wanted to show what I guess most expect from multiplayer racing and why RD wrote that letter, because they want to do this in AC
That tolerates even more contact without Lag bounce then LFS, quite amazing. That's not a standard. That is as good as it gets.

As long as people have decent pings it tend to work really well. Is in the middle of a league and it has been smooth sailing. Maybe the problems arrive when trying to cram 40 cars on the grid but 18 and below seem just fine if everyone has a good internet connection.

As for making progress there is a difference in that games today is released in alpha stage. If we take triple A titles they are often developed during 3-4 years and with a much bigger staff!

I do think AC do progress for every update but it´s already an insanely good choice for sprint racing :)

I have the opposite impression, yes it works well on low pings, but if you have something more than 100 it becomes really awful, the netcode Kunos made is just a baby comparing to other simulators out there...
I don´t know how that is opposite. Lower ping is always better.

The server I race it is based in the US I believe so I have pings around 150 and that isn´t much of a problem. Have racers in Australia, Europe and US so quite spread out.

well I dont have much of a complain about the netcode itself... Im from Costa Rica and I usually get 150-250 ping (and until 2 months ago I used my cel phone internet :D) to Netherlands and unless someone starts watching youtube or netflix at home im usually allright no jumps or warps... (they made a big step last time they improved it)
i think its more about the features and options for MP that need to be developed.

Reactions: Si
According to a website that tracks gaming sales, AC had about 205,000 purchases in 2014 and ranked #90 on the Steam list. Not including 2013, 2015 or DLC. So you do the math, a company that has somewhere loosely between 7 and 15 million in revenues (maybe more) I would not consider a small outfit, you can go on about costs and expenses it is still has a substantial revenue stream in which to deal with. Perspective is important in the marketing world. There are 2 billion dollar tech companies with 50 employees. It's a business guys.:)

According to a website that tracks gaming sales, AC had about 205,000 purchases in 2014 and ranked #90 on the Steam list. Not including 2013, 2015 or DLC. So you do the math, a company that has somewhere loosely between 7 and 15 million in revenues (maybe more) I would not consider a small outfit, you can go on about costs and expenses it is still has a substantial revenue stream in which to deal with. Perspective is important in the marketing world. There are 2 billion dollar tech companies with 50 employees. It's a business guys.:)
They didn't receive that amount of money at the end of the year... pretty sure they used it along the way for expenses, licensing and development, some goes to steam etc.. So is different than receiving 6mil in one payment than getting it piece by piece, and use it for development along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes