One of the Best: Super Touring Seasons Mod for Race 07

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Back with Race 07 again, we take another look at one of the finest mods ever produced..

Modding in sim racing is nothing new, and many have people have different opinions on which mod ranks where in the "all time" list of favourite pieces of content created by our wonderful community. We all have our preferred sims, we all have our most favoured series of cars, and frankly the level of quality of some of the mods created in recent years is simply mind blowing in both the attention to detail and level of research that is undertaken before work commences.

However despite the obvious skill and impressive workmanship of some of the modern mods, both tracks and cars, one of my favourites is a bit older than most...

Released for the Race 07 platform of the mid 2000's, AndreasFSC took the opportunity to use his formidable modding talents to recreate a class of cars that sit firmly at the top of my all time favourite lists.. the absolutely brilliant Super Touring Car era of the mid to late 1990's.

Using the game engine to pretty much its absolute maximum, @AndreasFSC set to work creating what is still the de facto number one representation of these brilliant cars, recreating the teams, drivers and vehicles from several seasons of one of the very best racing championships in the world.

Now I had no intention of making this video, or even re-downloading (the now very nicely updated) AL Super Touring Seasons mod for Race 07, until I tried the game again for another video (link HERE) and remembered just how good the title is, even now, some 10 + years after it first came out.

What started as a bit of fun to try out the cars of the Super Touring Mod one last time, turned into a situation where I absolutely fell head over heels in love all over again.. it was seriously good fun, and remains even to this day as a fantastic piece of content that is well worth keeping on any sim racing drivers hard drive. So much so, I decided it was worth another video and article, just to share that love!

Super Touring Cars Race 07 Mod.jpg

Super Touring Cars Race 07 Mod 2.jpg

Hope you enjoy the video, and keep an eye out on our YouTube page for more from footage of olden but golden racing sims in the coming weeks ahead...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Great to be able to relive some epic BTCC battles with the Volvo 850! To me the sound seems off on a couple of cars? The E36 318 was an Inline 4, It sounds like a 6 cylinder? Also the Mondeo was a V6 and sounds like an inline 4 to me, If so would be nice to be able to swap some sound files around? Otherwise its a great MOD to have, Cheers to AndreasFSC for the hardwork thats gone into this.

I have Race07, and got both STCC add-ons from steam. All seems well, I've done 96, and 97 BTCC races with no issue, BUT, if I try BTCC 1994, it crashes, when I look at the Volvo Estate btcc car, the turntable is blank, just a black circle, please help, cheers

I have Race07, and got both STCC add-ons from steam. All seems well, I've done 96, and 97 BTCC races with no issue, BUT, if I try BTCC 1994, it crashes, when I look at the Volvo Estate btcc car, the turntable is blank, just a black circle, please help, cheers

I've just tested mine, and the 1994 Volvo shows up ok, and drives ok, for me. Maybe try re-installing the mod again?

When I just had the stock version of RACE07 from the shop....I didn't used to play it much.

Since I installed this mod a couple of years ago....I've put in hours and hours. It's basically like having a HD version of the old TOCA games with better physics etc.

If you find the AI too slow at 110%, You can tweak it further in the AIW files for each circuit (backup the file you race online, is RACE07 online still a thing?) If QualifyRatio and RaceRatio values are raised to higher than 100% (1.00), it can really speed them up.

With the AI being slow on the first lap or two, in the AI rcd values there are ColdBrain values, by default this can be as high as 2-3 minutes, they can be lowered so the AI are "awake" right from Lap 1.

I did also manage to implement 1998 scoring, although it won't acknowledge points placings 1-10th, when you look at the overall Championship Standings, 9th and 10th place finishers are getting points.

I'm new here and just installed the mod. First of all, congratz on all the hard work, it looks and drives just brilliantly!

I do unfortunately have one problem. When I select a race and select my car, it's only my cat that loads into the race, no matter how much opponents I select. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.