One of the Best: Super Touring Seasons Mod for Race 07

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Back with Race 07 again, we take another look at one of the finest mods ever produced..

Modding in sim racing is nothing new, and many have people have different opinions on which mod ranks where in the "all time" list of favourite pieces of content created by our wonderful community. We all have our preferred sims, we all have our most favoured series of cars, and frankly the level of quality of some of the mods created in recent years is simply mind blowing in both the attention to detail and level of research that is undertaken before work commences.

However despite the obvious skill and impressive workmanship of some of the modern mods, both tracks and cars, one of my favourites is a bit older than most...

Released for the Race 07 platform of the mid 2000's, AndreasFSC took the opportunity to use his formidable modding talents to recreate a class of cars that sit firmly at the top of my all time favourite lists.. the absolutely brilliant Super Touring Car era of the mid to late 1990's.

Using the game engine to pretty much its absolute maximum, @AndreasFSC set to work creating what is still the de facto number one representation of these brilliant cars, recreating the teams, drivers and vehicles from several seasons of one of the very best racing championships in the world.

Now I had no intention of making this video, or even re-downloading (the now very nicely updated) AL Super Touring Seasons mod for Race 07, until I tried the game again for another video (link HERE) and remembered just how good the title is, even now, some 10 + years after it first came out.

What started as a bit of fun to try out the cars of the Super Touring Mod one last time, turned into a situation where I absolutely fell head over heels in love all over again.. it was seriously good fun, and remains even to this day as a fantastic piece of content that is well worth keeping on any sim racing drivers hard drive. So much so, I decided it was worth another video and article, just to share that love!

Super Touring Cars Race 07 Mod.jpg

Super Touring Cars Race 07 Mod 2.jpg

Hope you enjoy the video, and keep an eye out on our YouTube page for more from footage of olden but golden racing sims in the coming weeks ahead...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I have this mod, or an older version of it. Good mod.

Still have Race07 on my HD but I barely even fire it up to look at the menu these days, plus my install needs tidying up due to addon tracks causing a mess in the menu system.

I prefer to have just a few installs for a couple of racing games with everything pretty much under one roof, not several titles with some content here, some content there etc.

I currently have GTL installed once with a ton of mods, besides tracks, mostly Brickyard Legends IMSA stuff with a self-modded menu system dividing the "cups" into IMSA Camel GT, FIA Historics (i.e. stock content plus a few addon cars) and Goodwood (4 cups based on cups at the Revival), if I ever get around to it I plan on adding a Group 5 category and WSC category (if I can fit them into the menu system) using the cars available from Brickyard Legends (most of the IMSA stuff comes with Le Mans, Group 5 (I think?) and WSC skins also)...

And I have GTR2 twice, once for modern stuff (anything post 1991) and a 2nd install for P&G historic stuff (including F1 up to 1991). I also have the Steam versions of GTL/GTR2 installed but they're for backup only and are "clean".

I have the GTR2 Super Touring mod but I'm not sure that's a conversion of the Race07 mod, by the same people at all, or of the same quality.

The gtr2 version started as a conversion (with the race07 models) but it has taken it's 'own way' from there, so I think it's quite different now (with a lot of seasons and cars made by others).

This mod was the reason i got Race 07. As soon as i discovered the other national championships besides the BTCC i started learning how to make skins. Now i've pretty much worked on nearly every national series of the 90's including some less known championships like the Croatian Circuit Racing Championship for the GTR2 version. All this thanks to this mod. A massive thank you to @AndreasFSC for making these cars!!!:D

I know it´s much to ask - but could you provide a YouTube video some day of how to install. I tried twice and cannot get it to work.

If you just want to use the cars as a 'regular' mod, you can just unpack 'Gamedata' and 'UIData' folders in the .zip into the main Race07 folder.

Track updates contains fixes to some tracks to better fit the super touring cars. They are optional.

The Championship seasons program (If you want to use it) requires a little setup work as described in the ReadMe.

If you just want to use the cars as a 'regular' mod, you can just unpack 'Gamedata' and 'UIData' folders in the .zip into the main Race07 folder.

Track updates contains fixes to some tracks to better fit the super touring cars. They are optional.

The Championship seasons program (If you want to use it) requires a little setup work as described in the ReadMe.

Thanks for that. I see the cars now. That will do for now. :):)

Hi there,

I got everything working quite nicely, also that championship seasons program seems to work well. It's only when I try to load a new championship season from race07 game itself, it says "cannot load new season because missing components" and that component is a track "silverstone international"....But it's weird because I have that track there up and running nicely. Is it some particular mod track that it should accept? Where to find it?

Still awesome mod!! Thank you so much!!

That is probably because you have a different version of the track
If you open Championship_settings.txt and look for the line
'Silverstone International,International'

Then go to your Race07/Gamedata/Locations and open your Silversone track.
Go to the Silverstone version you want to use and open the .gdb file with notepad and copy the name from the first line.
Then replace 'International' after ',' in Championship_settings.txt with that name.
You can add new tracks to the list the same way.

That is probably because you have a different version of the track
If you open Championship_settings.txt and look for the line
'Silverstone International,International'

Then go to your Race07/Gamedata/Locations and open your Silversone track.
Go to the Silverstone version you want to use and open the .gdb file with notepad and copy the name from the first line.
Then replace 'International' after ',' in Championship_settings.txt with that name.
You can add new tracks to the list the same way.

Thanks again!

Tried that, but still it complains it's missing. I must be moron...
It was like this in the championship text file
Silverstone International,International
And in the race07 silverstone international file it was exactly like this
SilverstoneInter
And my conclusion was like this to championship text file again..
Silverstone International,SilverstoneInter

And it didn't work...

Also if I choose completely different tracks and not silverstone international at all in race07 to championship simulator, it still complains about silverstone international missing....

Last edited:
Maybe an obvious question, but did you select the 'edited' track in the program and exported the championship?
Was 'Championship_simulator_Championship.bch' (in the ...\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\YOURUSERNAME\Championships\Official folder) updated?
You should load that file as a saved championship from inside the game.

Maybe an obvious question, but did you select the 'edited' track in the program and exported the championship?
Was 'Championship_simulator_Championship.bch' (in the ...\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\YOURUSERNAME\Championships\Official folder) updated?
You should load that file as a saved championship from inside the game.

Ok, now it says when I'm exporting files that it couldn't do that. Championship file and talents file could not be exported.
'edited' track name was SilverstoneInter and it didn't appear in list of tracks named like that.
I then selected the silverstone international and exported it, only to see that it could not be exported. When I go to in game, I go to championships, championship simulator and there is 2 files..Other can't be loaded but the upper one can be, but it complains the silverstone international is missing when trying to load that.
Ok, I give up, I'll use the custom championship! (perfectly fine with me) Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
If the files can't be exported, no changes will take effect.
Have you also tried the .hta version?
If the program can't export or import (if it ask you to load the files manually) it's because iexplorer isn't allowed to read or write files. The files could still be manually exported if following the steps described in the prompts when trying to export (only works in iexporer).
There is a description how to enable this in the readme, but it seams this could be tricky on some computers, and that is why this program will not be included in the next version of the mod.

Okay, seems impossible at the moment, that .hta version goes same way.
Ok so in championship settings txt file about that steam directory thing. So it must be where the steam is installed? not where race07 is installed. Because my steam is installed in other hd and race07 is on steam, but installed on the other hard drive. At the moment that path is to my steam location, not the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back