Omit Adaptive AI for individual track difficulty?

Msportdan

@Simberia
I know a lot of criticsm for RRe is against its adaptive AI and how it doesnt really work as designed. But on the whole the actual AI is quite impressive (minus a few odd incidents).

So i was thinking and S3s now listening to their customers, that maybe they could replace the adaptive AI system for a individual track by track AI level difficulty. This way you can then set your own difficulty per track to your skill. This rids the problem of some tracks being more difficult than others, and unbalanced AI.

A good example given by William further down.....

"In the real world racers adapt to different tracks relative to their God given talent but in the virtual world AI racers may exhibit programming related limitations or idiosyncrasies. Take two oval tracks, I assume the programmed AI would perform similarly on both tracks but then compare an oval with another more technically diverse track the AI may run into inherent problems related very tight and twisty tracks. My assumptions would support the need for track specific AI settings to even things out."

I want to get some numbers of users that would like to see this happen or who wouldnt, and see if the devs (with users backing this) would consider this.

so..........

Last edited:
just this minute started a dtm 14 season.

with practice +2 secs quicker.
qualy 1 within 100s
qualy 2 within 100s

I wonder this way we could use our practise sessions to teach ai, as long as you get some decent laps in, then qualy they come up to speed!?

so does any one know (s3 included) if times and your settings for AI) carry over to different car and different tracks.

For example. My austria ADAC adaptive ai will carry over into my DTM austria ai?

Don't know, but for me that wouldn't be that good.
My skill level is extremely different based on the car!
A good race from mid pack would be with AI set to 102-103 on WTCC, ADAC 98 and DTM more like
88.. . :O_o:

It would be good if the AAI is set on qualifie, they might well be, but in ADAC it's hard to really know because of the pro/rookie driver.

Last edited:
What I would like even more....and to get back to the original OP.. when my exact AI percentage per track would be carried over into a Champiosnhip.

e.g.
I go into Championship Mode
and the AI at Oschersleben is at 96%
Sachsenring 93%
Hockenheiem 103%
Just like my car setup it is saved per track, I would like to have the possibility to have an AI strength per track across all modes.

Adaptive AI is nice, but too broad. If I want to race midpack, AAI doesn't work, because it always assumes I want to race in the first 3-5 places... what I don't want anytime and everytime. A Champiosnhip with AAI is not what I want then.

yep, we have 2015..why everything with percent? 100% means for me, the AI drives a good fast pace, not too fast, not too slow. Regular BrakePoints, no cutting, nice drivingline.
A Range-Indicator would be nice...e.g. i drive a 1.18.xx at one track and i can choose 1:16:xx-1:20:xx for AI or 1:15:xx to 1:19.xx for AI.

Sometimes i just want to drive for fun vs.AI, not concentrated trying to achieve my fastest laptimes, but sometimes i do it.

yep, we have 2015..why everything with percent? 100% means for me, the AI drives a good fast pace, not too fast, not too slow. Regular BrakePoints, no cutting, nice drivingline.
A Range-Indicator would be nice...e.g. i drive a 1.18.xx at one track and i can choose 1:16:xx-1:20:xx for AI or 1:15:xx to 1:19.xx for AI.

Sometimes i just want to drive for fun vs.AI, not concentrated trying to achieve my fastest laptimes, but sometimes i do it.

I agree i want to race AI to chill out, But the problem is you set it too low then your doing hot lap.
To high and your doing hot lap behind them. I can never quite get AAI to work its always one or the other.

one question to anyone...

Will AAI only use your fastest lap at a track for reference, or your last sessions fastest time.

Example: " 3 weeks ago i set 1:34 at Moscow.. i ran a race last week and got a 1:35..

what will ai use for NEXT reference.?

If that's the case. This seems flawed then. What if in that second session I couldn't get any good laps together and ended up 2 seconds slower than I did the previous week. That means the adapted system is always trying to put u in the front of the grid?

It should be set at your personal best for that track imo. So gives you a harder challenge to get on front if grid.

As I played raceroom more often I found that in the beginning, like most have said, the Adaptive AI was hopeless...but within a few races within a series they were mostly quite race-able....but in DTM92, I seemed to have out grown that feature...I now have to use 110%....but GTR2 I still struggle a bit. On the whole though I think the Adaptive AI has been good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back