Car: KIA Ceed
Track: Top Gear Test Track
Laps: 15

Assist: Allowed
Upgrades: Banned
Setups: Allowed

Start Time: 18:30 GMT (7:30 pm BST)

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below with your gamer tag and forum name.
  1. Andrew Skinner/ Andtidus
  2. Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz
  3. Chris Bell/Bellmond570
  4. Dan Smith/MysticVibrosis
  5. Wayne Thomas/DefytheMachine
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

It is weird.
When you first connected, Dan couldn't so I rebooted my Modem, Router and Xbox.

Dan then got connected, but then you couldn't. So I am wondering if, it is something my end.

Then halfway throught the race with me and Dan my rounter rebooted itself. Not the first time it done that after being rebooted, so I am going to contact my ISP to see if they can send me another router or something, as they supplied the router in the begin.

While I am waiting for it, I am going to look at my router settings, as I have a race Tuesday and can't see me having a new one by then. Thought I have a feeling my ISP may have already sent me another one, so will look for that.

This is the first time I have had this happen while hosting a game, it was ok when I had Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.

Just had a quick look at my router settings and I see
NAT Filtering is: Secured and not Open, it could be this that is the problem.

So on my next event I will turn it off and turn off the SPI firewall, which should help I hope.

Paulo please don't let this put you off of events I hold.

25yzsqu.png

Car: Any
Track: Bernese alps full
Laps: 5

Assist: Allowed (But Not Recommended)
Upgrades: Allowed
Setups: Allowed

Start Time: 8pm GMT

Sign Up Note: This is A drift event, could you post what car/s you are likley to use

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below with your gamer tag and forum name.
  1. Andrew Skinner/Andtidus/ Vauxhall Mornaro(S class), Nissan 370z(Unknown class, havent decicded to upgrade yet) or Focus RS
  2. Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz / Honda S2000 / Nissan 370z / BMW M3 / BMW M5 (Unknown class may upgrade)
  3. mike bell / elite mkb/mazda RX7/aston martin DBS/merc SLK 55 AMG
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

Looking forward to this tonight. I've done two different setups on my 458, one based on more HP and one based on more grip and still haven't decided which one to go for. The HP one is quicker by a tenth but the grip one is easier to drive consistently. I could also be completely wrong and be 5 seconds slower than the lot of ye's!

I'll probably be up for this will deffo know closer to the time.

I think there's always gonna be a slightly poorer uptake to any races held on Thursdays or Sundays. At the moment the F1 2011 Club events are held on these days. Once the F1 league has started, if I'm not mistaken Thursdays will be a practice race for the main race held on Sundays.

Cool I'm around the same area. For me it's getting used to the track again (played it on F1 2004). My setup is OK I think, I'm hitting 183mph on the main straight but think I can improve that with a better exit from the final corner.

Well that's a relief. I'm also trying to squeeze everything I can out of the last corner and still feel I can get a little more out of it. It's such a hard track to set up for and even was in the F1 days. The F1 teams used to use a high downforce setup there (against all layman's logic) and sacrifice back straight speed for the infield and while I'm tempted to do the same, I can't bring myself to pop a wing and splitter on it yet! Also with my MS wheel it can be quite hard getting the banked corner 100% right without scrubbing speed or drifting out towards the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes