Car: KIA Ceed
Track: Top Gear Test Track
Laps: 15

Assist: Allowed
Upgrades: Banned
Setups: Allowed

Start Time: 18:30 GMT (7:30 pm BST)

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below with your gamer tag and forum name.
  1. Andrew Skinner/ Andtidus
  2. Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz
  3. Chris Bell/Bellmond570
  4. Dan Smith/MysticVibrosis
  5. Wayne Thomas/DefytheMachine
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

I will be using: 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge.
Got a tune/upgrade and design from the Storefront.

I am also setting the timer to 1 minute after the first person has crossed the finished line.

There are some good Tune/Upgrades for the 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge on the storefront.
Don't forget you can upgrade the car to D350

What do you all think to a Clio V6 Championship?
I could run it on either Tuesday, Friday or Saturday evening.

Something like a total of 10 events, 1 a week or 1 every 2 weeks, whatever suits you all.

Note: Going to post in what events do you want post as well.

I'm interested in this one Garry. I missed out on this race the other night because we got held up so much (not your fault Dan, I blame MS!) but was really looking forward to it after testing it in preparation. I vote for a Tuesday night @8:30 (UK) slot.

Once I have most the info this weekend, need to:
  • Work out laps (will be looking at 2 heats per event with 10 laps each)
  • Work out the tracks.
  • Look at the settings in Forza 4.
  • Work out, if to have Teams (I am sure I have seen a setting for this) or pairs of people to make a team.
I will put up a post either sometime over the weekend or Monday, where we can:
  • Agree to a day.
  • Work out what people want to do over Christmas and New year.
  • Decide about assits.
  • Decide how we handle connection issues.
Then I can work out the Calendar.

All sounds good mate. Hopefully we can find a time that gets good numbers. Also another thought... If we are doing Stock cars, what's the feeling on Clutches, do most people use this or would it be good to set manual w/o clutch to even the playing field?

I play on a controller, so I just use Manual without the clutch.
The other thing we need to talk about is assists. Currently the only assist I use is the braking line.

All sounds good mate. Hopefully we can find a time that gets good numbers.
Yes I agree with that, Tuesday we had a total of 9 signups, so maybe Tuesday is a good day. It will be 8.30pm UK Time, as it gives people time to get home etc.. and by the time I had dinner and a drink (tea/coffee) it is a good time for me.

I think we also need to decide about connection issues, how we handle them. I blame the Forza servers, from what I have read we are not the only one's having problems.

I use controller (tho I have a msoft wheel) - manual gears no clutch - cannot get used to button combos currently available - keep crunching! Ouch. Power to those that can though - don't penalise them because of my fudgy fingers.

I'm ok driving most cars without assists - only use braking line to learn tracks.

That said - tend to prefer TCS ON with the hypercars - no fun just trying to stay on track - cannot focus on 'racing'.

I play on a controller, so I just use Manual without the clutch.
The other thing we need to talk about is assists. Currently the only assist I use is the braking line.

I used to hate the clutch with it on LB button, but switch it to A and it's so much easier. Press gear up or down as you quickly release the accelerator. Literally took me 5 laps to get the hang of it and gained at least a second on short track and could be as much as 5 or more seconds somewhere like Road America.

I may try and do a direct connection (modem to xbox) before I open the lobby see if that makes any differents.
Will need to make sure no one want to use the net and means I will not be able to monitor the forum, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Just to rule me out 100%.

I have been told Forza 4 uses a peer to peer connection, where we all connect to each other and not just the host.

Hi Dan and Wayne,

I have sent you both a private message, hope I done it right.
To try and sort these connection issues between you both.

If you could reply to the private message that be great.

Regards,
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%