PC2 Project Cars 2 Racing Club (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Welcome to RaceDepartment's Racing Club for Project CARS! Project CARS can be played on various platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and we'd like to facilitate and encourage our members to post challenging casual events for members by members.

Platform Prefixes
We now use Prefixes (which you will be required to select when creating a new race (thread).
pc-png.91913

ps4-png.91914

xone-png.91915

Setting up a race
First of all start with a plan. Post a thread not at the final moment before you want to race but open it a couple of days in advance. Official RD events are always scheduled a week in advance for the highest change on success.

Secondly order your threads properly and try to make it as simple as possible. Not everybody wants to read a wall of text with requirements. Keep it simple, easy and friend.

Contents of a racing club thread
  • Select a prefix for your platform of choice.
  • Thread Title: Car Class @ Track - Date
  • Thread Content: Use the template that will be posted soon.
Good luck and have tons of fun racing and we hope to see you on track soon!

GTE please :)
FrbRr1c.jpg

The perfect event for everyone looking forward to the real life WEC 6h of Fuji this weekend. Since Project Cars 2 is still quite new, expect things to break - the goal is to have fun and to put the game through its paces.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com Club
Cars: LMP1, LMP2, GTE
Track: Fuji GP

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 Minutes) mixed weather

Season: Autumn
Driving Aids: Realistic
In-Game Time: 15:00

Entry List

LMP1

1. Free slot
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
LMP2
  1. Dennis
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
GTE
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
Please also post your Steam name when signing up if it doesn't match your forum name!

Fun race guys! I have never had an experience like this in any other video game.. it was amazing ! For me everything worked as it should.. my pit stop went fine , i even changed the pit request from gas & softs to wets and no gas via the race manager with my g27's game pad and it all went fine , i could even see the treded wet tires as the pit crew handled them ..
A couple things: about v-mirror ! this must be set from the "Light" hud settings then saved .. it wont stick from any other hud settings . Been there done that :)
In game name: Don't get confused with this its actually very simple, you dont do it in the game you do it in Steam , when you open steam it shows your user name in the upper right , click on it and go to your profile now simply hit edit and change the name to what ever you want ! Then save - done.. Steam allows you to have as many names as you want under the same account , once you add a few you will see them in a drop down in your profile saying "also plays as your name here"
The only time ive had issues with stuff not working and it was 3 times total ,with being stuck in pits while it said " waiting"was when i had huge ping to the server i was on , changing to servers with lower ping = no issues for me .. you can also adjust the bandwidth in steam and the server regions, under steam properties downloads .. anyway this game is to good !! so I hope SMS can iron out some of these bugs soon !

One thought I had after the race ...The overclock/out of sync with other players bug is for me the worst one ..that needs to be squashed asap for any hopes of legit online league racing ..there is a thread in the MP forum at SMS talking about it..its kind of hush hush on the exact settings that cause the issue , so other players wont use it as a cheat :confused: :D

Anyway its only on certain setup's and rare this time around ..well compared to when AC & PC1 had it ..
They need system spec's /full details from overclocked players having the issue to help narrow it down !

You can PM spec's to any of the Moderators in the SMS thread ...

Or If you PM them to me I will pass them along ..
Great racing today ..even with the issues ...as one of the few of us that had it run right ! It was AMAZING !

For me everything worked as it should.. my pit stop went fine , i even changed the pit request from gas & softs to wets and no gas via the race manager with my g27's game pad and it all went fine , i could even see the treded wet tires as the pit crew handled them ..
A couple things: about v-mirror ! this must be set from the "Light" hud settings then saved .. it wont stick from any other hud settings . Been there done that :)
In game name: Don't get confused with this its actually very simple, you dont do it in the game you do it in Steam , when you open steam it shows your user name in the upper right , click on it and go to your profile now simply hit edit and change the name to what ever you want ! Then save - done.. Steam allows you to have as many names as you want under the same account , once you add a few you will see them in a drop down in your profile saying "also plays as your name here"
Did you use default pit strategy or your own? Im try to use my own but it doesent work when i press pit request button. No yelow grafical indicator, no pit crew?

I had a really fun time out there, though I think I may have had a bit of netcode contact with a couple of guys (I think I clobbered @mancSLO but I'm pretty sure I wasn't actually close enough to do that - can't remember exactly who my 2nd contact was with) - though it may just be my VR leading me to go closer to people than perhaps I should in an online race. I'll have to work on that.

might consider putting EU as the tag to make it easier to sort for timezones. totally my error but it might help avoid any confusion.
will there be any weekend events or weeknight more american -friendly times?
The technical staff are on it, EU tags are also required so that our events show up in the calendar :)

will there be any weekend events or weeknight more american -friendly times?
We are still looking for volunteers who would like to organize pcars 2 events, I will also make an announcement on TS during the next race. At the moment we can only run occasional races every other Tuesday because of my schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back