F1 2011 Old league threads (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Rules and general Information

Time and Date

The Races will be held at Sundays, 8 p.m. GMT+2 (7 p.m. British Time)

Points System

1st: 25 Pts
2nd: 18 Pts
3rd: 15 Pts
4th: 12 Pts
5th: 10 Pts
6th: 8 Pts
7th: 6 Pts
8th: 4 Pts
9th: 2 Pts
10th: 1 Pt

DSQ and DNF mean that you do not get any points, regardless of how many cars finish the race.

The Format

There will be a 15 minute qualifying session followed by the race itself. If you crash in the qualifying session you should stay in the lounge till the end. Find something to do in the meantime. The race distance is 100%.

Driving Aids

Braking assist – off
ABS – on
TC – allowed
Driving line – off
Gearbox – allowed
Pit control – off
Pit limiter - off

General Rules

Art. 1:

All of you have got one vote for important discussions about changes for the league, if they are essential and important. So, if someone wants to throw somebody out of the league, or change other essential things, we will always make a poll. If we will reach a percentage of 50-50, we won’t change anything about the certain issue. We can add and change rules in a reasonable time with a majority of votes (50%+).

Art.2:
The races will take place on Sunday, 8 p.m. GMT+2. If one of you cannot join us for whatever reason, the race will still be held. However, in special cases, we can also postpone a race, but the decision will be taken by me.

Art.2b:
If anyone suffers from connection problems before the Qualifying reaches the 5 minutes-limit, we will restart. In particular cases, we can also restart after the 5 minutes-limit, for example if one of the Championship-contenders disconnects before the decisive race. However, to avoid people from asking to restart after the middle of the race, the limit for those special restarts is 5 laps into the race.

Art.3:
The cars we choose at the beginning of the season will remain our cars for the rest of it. However, if one of you can't take part in one of the races, a reserve-driver can take his place.

Art.4:
No more than one move across the track to defend on straights.
No excessive weaving when behind another car trying to overtake. Obviously a dummie move is fine but I don’t want 4 or 5 moves across the track.
If you lock up try to miss any cars infront of you. Nothing worse than having your race ruined for this reason.

Art.5:

Before we declare a penalty, we will adress a warning to the person involved. It’s like a yellow card, and he will be under closer investigation in the next races. If this person repeats this behavior next race, he will be punished with one of the four penalties.
There are 4 types of penalties that can be given out after the race if there is something that happens which is seen as unfair, cheating or breaking the rules. They are:
- Post race 10 seconds penalty
- Post race 20 seconds penalty
- Post race disqualification
- Permanent ban from the series (if someone is blamed repeatedly for being unfair by the others even without real evidence for the stewards!!!)

Art.5b
The people to decide about the penalties are: DaMsKoNL, mlrockets, Daniel Ciglar. If one of them is under investigation, or can’t join the race, the backup- steward LodestarNS350 will take his place.

Art.5c
A penalty must be given until 12 p.m. (00:00 o’clock) on the day after the race. So if the race is on Sunday, the penalty must be declared until 12 p.m. on Monday. If the penalty is not declared until then, we take the offcial race result. You have to expect that in such cases I won’t be able to post the Championship standings until next days midnight.
The penalty must be declared by one of the stewards with a personal message. The personal message must contain the reason for the penalty and the penalty itself.

Art.6

We will need at least 8 people to start a race. If there is any less the race will not start.

I guess we need to work out what sort of race distance we wanna do and what sort of assists are allowed etc. It looks like we have 5 people so far, i don't think anything less than 10 would be good but as many as possible will make it more fun.

Just to put forward my preferences. I reckon weekly on Sunday nights with a break for xmas, new years and F1 races when they are on. All assists with the exception of braking, 100% race distance.

That's just my 2 cents and I am pretty cruisy with whatever. Fingers crossed we can get a good number of dedicated racers for a season comp.

Im good for whatever day, ill just make my plans around whichever is most popular. The only assist i care about is auto gears, im learning to do manual now but my pace is no where near what it should be. as far as distance is concerned anything over 50% will be good. Also if we start before the 2nd patch i think a no 11/11 rule should be in place too.

GMT +8 is Western Australia time and we are 3 hours behind the east coast now so im thinking 5.30 gmt+8 which will be 8.30 in Sydney and Melbourne

Btw i wanna be in one of the Red Bulls:wink:

I am pretty sure I can commit to that. After our clocks change here in America that'll likely be 4:30 AM for me which is not bad at all.
May have to miss a week here or there, but for the most part I'm in.

As for settings...really wish for 50%. Haven't done a 100% race yet, but I begin the onset of a headache after playing anything after a 50% race. Not saying I'm old by any means, but it's just not worth it in my mind to kill your eyes and such over a video game.

Loving the commitment from Andrew. 4.30am starts would kill me. But Andrew is right. The more I think about it, the more I reckon 50% will work better.

Time should be fine for me 5.30 Perth = 7.30 Brisbane (NO Daylight Savings here) = Winning!

I agree no 11/11 setup, but it is impossible to enforce that rule. More assists IMO make it a closer race which is exciting and less likely to make me fall asleep behind the wheel.

And if all cars are equal I am calling Force India! Cant get enough of their hyper colouring.

Good to see you guys are getting something up and running.
Just in case its of value to you:
-We are running a max seting of 9 rule on Springs andf ARBs in Xbox leagues. If someone cheats they cheat them selves the most.
-Less assists is in my view better. More real, and little errors cause opportunities, spins, overtakes.
Have fun.
David (Aussie in UK)

Ill be in for whatever day, i think %50 distance is a good idea. The 11/11 one i use that because well....... i get it from here but im fine without using it, as for gears i use auto to many buttons to press now with DRS and KERS ( ie: slack). By the way im in Adelaide

Anthony - it should be known that I work a night shift over here in America, so that's what I am doing online at that time of night (morning?). I'm not a ps3 junkie that signs on to play at any chance I get lol.

Also, I have to mention that in these longer races, I notice that 11/11 isn't always the fastest. In some races it is, but in others I don't feel like I am the fastest out there. I did a race with 9/9 and the car felt better than 11/11 (I think I was racing Silverstone)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.