F1 2011 Old league threads (merged)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Rules and general Information

Time and Date

The Races will be held at Sundays, 8 p.m. GMT+2 (7 p.m. British Time)

Points System

1st: 25 Pts
2nd: 18 Pts
3rd: 15 Pts
4th: 12 Pts
5th: 10 Pts
6th: 8 Pts
7th: 6 Pts
8th: 4 Pts
9th: 2 Pts
10th: 1 Pt

DSQ and DNF mean that you do not get any points, regardless of how many cars finish the race.

The Format

There will be a 15 minute qualifying session followed by the race itself. If you crash in the qualifying session you should stay in the lounge till the end. Find something to do in the meantime. The race distance is 100%.

Driving Aids

Braking assist – off
ABS – on
TC – allowed
Driving line – off
Gearbox – allowed
Pit control – off
Pit limiter - off

General Rules

Art. 1:

All of you have got one vote for important discussions about changes for the league, if they are essential and important. So, if someone wants to throw somebody out of the league, or change other essential things, we will always make a poll. If we will reach a percentage of 50-50, we won’t change anything about the certain issue. We can add and change rules in a reasonable time with a majority of votes (50%+).

Art.2:
The races will take place on Sunday, 8 p.m. GMT+2. If one of you cannot join us for whatever reason, the race will still be held. However, in special cases, we can also postpone a race, but the decision will be taken by me.

Art.2b:
If anyone suffers from connection problems before the Qualifying reaches the 5 minutes-limit, we will restart. In particular cases, we can also restart after the 5 minutes-limit, for example if one of the Championship-contenders disconnects before the decisive race. However, to avoid people from asking to restart after the middle of the race, the limit for those special restarts is 5 laps into the race.

Art.3:
The cars we choose at the beginning of the season will remain our cars for the rest of it. However, if one of you can't take part in one of the races, a reserve-driver can take his place.

Art.4:
No more than one move across the track to defend on straights.
No excessive weaving when behind another car trying to overtake. Obviously a dummie move is fine but I don’t want 4 or 5 moves across the track.
If you lock up try to miss any cars infront of you. Nothing worse than having your race ruined for this reason.

Art.5:

Before we declare a penalty, we will adress a warning to the person involved. It’s like a yellow card, and he will be under closer investigation in the next races. If this person repeats this behavior next race, he will be punished with one of the four penalties.
There are 4 types of penalties that can be given out after the race if there is something that happens which is seen as unfair, cheating or breaking the rules. They are:
- Post race 10 seconds penalty
- Post race 20 seconds penalty
- Post race disqualification
- Permanent ban from the series (if someone is blamed repeatedly for being unfair by the others even without real evidence for the stewards!!!)

Art.5b
The people to decide about the penalties are: DaMsKoNL, mlrockets, Daniel Ciglar. If one of them is under investigation, or can’t join the race, the backup- steward LodestarNS350 will take his place.

Art.5c
A penalty must be given until 12 p.m. (00:00 o’clock) on the day after the race. So if the race is on Sunday, the penalty must be declared until 12 p.m. on Monday. If the penalty is not declared until then, we take the offcial race result. You have to expect that in such cases I won’t be able to post the Championship standings until next days midnight.
The penalty must be declared by one of the stewards with a personal message. The personal message must contain the reason for the penalty and the penalty itself.

Art.6

We will need at least 8 people to start a race. If there is any less the race will not start.

i have some places for 5 reserve drivers in the championship i am organising.
it starts on the 23rd October and runs till the 11th March with 2 weeks off for xmas. it will be at 9:30pm GMT apart from the first race which will be at 8:30pm GMT( invites will be sent 15 mins prior to this). sign up below if interested.
full details are in the Group on this site which i wil invite you into after you have signed up

Ok but can I suggest you re create this thread, and race on Saturday only, the BIG PS3 RD league runs on Sundays and I think, people would much rather race once a night, rather than twice, it will help you get more names down as well :), So re start it for Saturdays would be better for you getting names down

no can do mate i got a social life most saturdays so cant commit to being on to race and i cant organise a championship i cant race in can i.
i know your league is on a sunday and was going to sign up till i saw what time you were starting which is way to early for old folk like me who have familys to consider( i never get on the ps much berore 9 uk time whichever night i play as its connected to our main tv in the lounge).
so ill take my chances on having it on a sunday night as it is thank you, think it was because there was just reserve places left that was stoping people signing up. we did have a full 16 but looks like their will be a couple of places for full time drives not just reserves from people droping out who cant make it, so keep youre eyes peeled people will post tomorrow when the deadline passes for them to confirm to let you know how many places are up for grabs

There are 3 full time driver spots up for grabs in this championship, sign up below and i will send you a link to the group i have set up where you can read the rules and see the full calander, then sign up in the driver roster thread that you confirm your in ( i use this as confirmation you have read the rules) the first three who confirm in the driver roster thread will get the permanent drives if there are more they will go on the reserve list to race in place of permanent drivers if they cant make a race or take a spot if someone pulls out.
Cheers

i will send you the invite to the group when you become a licenced member as cant allow non licenced members to race as its against rules. if you apply now you should be licenced in about 48hrs i think (this is a guess, no idea how long it takes now but when i got licenced it was about 24hrs) hope to see you in the championship soon, send me a pm when you get licensed to give me a kick up the bum and sort your invite out

I would be interested in one of those spots mate. I sent an enquiry about it to you on the psn and got your reply so thankyou and now have registered here as requested

If theres any more space left mate I'd like to sign up to this :D

My PSN is: Pig-Swill

Thanks mate

EDIT: I havejust applied to become a licensed member so that hopefully wont be a problem :D
have sent you both invites to the group please read the rules and then confim in the drivers roster discussion by adding a post with your PSN that you wish to take part ( i take this as confirmation that you have read and undertand the rules) then send me a friends request on PS3 my psn is PsychoPict (ill acept the one youve already sent Andy when i see your post in the drivers roster)
Cheers guys

Reposting in here because I put it in the wrong thread:

I think I'd be interested in slotting in a remaining spot if there is one (I just looked in the championship group and think there is), depending on how this Wednesday's race at Nurburgring goes. I'm not so bothered about coming last, just if I found out my connection drops all the time or something annoying like that then I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time.

will send you an invite into the group so you can read the rules and have a look. if you want in and agree to the rules then just confirm in the driver roster discussion by posting with your psn and sending me a friends request on PS3 (which you should already be doing if you want to race on wednesday lol)

if there are any places im intrested in signing up cheers.

Reposting in here because I put it in the wrong thread:

I think I'd be interested in slotting in a remaining spot if there is one (I just looked in the championship group and think there is), depending on how this Wednesday's race at Nurburgring goes. I'm not so bothered about coming last, just if I found out my connection drops all the time or something annoying like that then I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time.

Just realised there is only 1 full time drive left so the first of you to reply in the driver roster thread will get it. i will put the other( if they reply) as a reserve drive

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%