F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

Keep up the good work sir. When you have done all the tracks this mod will be a 100% must have. Thank you so much.

Edit: WOW !! just had a go in Monaco ... bursting out of the tunnel at race speed into the light is sensational. Bloody good job on the lighting man, bloody good !!

The cars are stunning in the light now.

Binary editing - stripping out the relevant data from the pssg file and then creating a new DDS file from that information. The actual image bytes are already in DDS format which makes it easy. However you really need to understand binary and the DDS format to do that.

Right now I'm working on a converter to make the whole thing automatic.

Exactly. However you mention adjusting brightness/saturation ... how would I go about doing this myself ?

Exactly. However you mention adjusting brightness/saturation ... how would I go about doing this myself ?

you need Free Hex Editor. If you need saturation - you can tweak "maxbrightness_colour" parameter in "effects.xml" file (1.000 is full saturation, 0.500 is half and so on).
If you need common brightness adjustment - you need "targetLuminance" in "effects.xml" file ( for example you can enter 2.00 for extra bright, 1.00 for normal, 0.50 for half normal). But this is individual for each track. You always need to check results in-game.

Just want to mention, if you will work with Free Hex Editor, before editing you need push "insert" button once (and don't forget to do it every time you open file) on your keyboard in order not to corrupt the file integrity.

But however, to be satisfied, a lot of values need to be tweaked :)

Cockpit shake effects and accel/braking dynamic FOV preview video

Hi,

Here is a small preview vid showing my lattest cam mod adjusted for triple screens setups with cockpit shake effects and accel/braking dynamic FOV ...

Still need to work on it but so far the feeling is great and very immersive.

Bleco

Ok here is the first (and early!) version of the software which allows you to export the dds textures from the F1 2010 pssg files.

You can't yet import the files back into the pssg files (it's not a big coding job I've just run out of time). Hopefully it will be working tomorrow. Please don't give me bug reports about not being able to import - it's not meant to be able to!

Anyway, here's the file. Download it and have fun looking at the texture files. You might need .Net framework 2 (but that's pretty standard now).

http://www.filefront.com/17325906/pssg_converter.zip

I've tried exporting from various files in the bespokehelmets, cars and texturesets without any problems but there certainly may be some issues and until I'm able to import dds images back in I can't be 100% sure its working. But it looks right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes