F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

Ok I've got this problem fixed,

Not a huge work around either.

You'll need to find the Team ID.

In my case, I needed to find Red Bull, which was 6. Then do a search for "Tier".

<ai_engine_power_per_tier start="55399497" end="notExist">
<Team type="int">6</Team>
<Tier1 type="int">750</Tier1>
<Tier2 type="int">750</Tier2>
<Tier3 type="int">750</Tier3>
<Tier4 type="int">750</Tier4>
<Tier5 type="int">750</Tier5>
</ai_engine_power_per_tier>

Once you find it, change all the values to the Tier 1 value, it should look like above.

Now, Do this while you are chaning the team from tier 1 to tier 5 to start it in a 7 year career, change the team back to tier 1, but DONT change these values.

That should fix the problem you are having with your team mate, just... don't expect him to be slow. With the new patch I'm only a couple of tenths quicker than him, although to be fair, I am ridiculously tired.

Hope this helps, I'm not on often, but PM me if you have troubles.

Cheers,

Benny.

Btw, koeloe, could you post the track mapping for the tracks you have worked on? That would help masiullah to work on those tracks for the tool. Also, let us know if you figure out the save game thing. The one minor obstacle still remaining in the path of what will be an awesome mod :)

Have a great weekend guys and work hard ;)

I Was trying to double check the corners, got weird results, couldn't save; so I did a total re-install. I really hope someone can fix the save problem. I think for the moment I'll go back to pre-parch and do the other tracks. I've put the patch files in the Mod enabler so you can jump between patch and no-patch quite easy.

After full day of work I was able to make tool for editing all the tracks. Now you guys can test your changes quickly :). Only melbourne has the actual corner mappings, other tracks has only numbers which does not resemble the corners. As we get the corner mappings for each track we replace the numbers with the corner numbers.

Easy way to change the corner number is edit the properties files in the resource folder. ex : 01.properties is for bahrain.

The tool is currently is in crude form and does not have proper validations. I' ll polish it later with proper validations. But remember only Advanced view works as of now.

download link
http://cid-400789cd18c349a2.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AI%20Fix.zip

RD Mod Team

hi RD Team

I Created this thread as there is no real place we can do this.
I just want to give a big THANK YOU to all the guys making the mods for F1 2010.

The game would just not be the same without you.

Especially the RD mod team for all the time and effort.:pray::pray:

Thank you for reply, strings are OK, as i say with "Race Driver: GRID Text Editor" utility, that simply open appropriate LNG file and show/edit it line by line text strings in game. Simple, because LNG file has the same format as in GRID game - it's EGO engine too, but version 1.0 instead F1 2010 version 1.5.

Sure, czech language include some special characters, like characters with acute, caron and diaeresis (sorry for names, but it is from html entities, then i hope you understand). These characters in game strings are coded as UTF-8 and must have appropriate graphics look/definition in font table - like in polish translation, that is included in game, but sure with different characters (for this, polish, language game has own LNG file an font tables files too). Then i search for appropriate tool, that make possibility to edit font tables for me (and other czech users of the game).

HEEELP! Updated files 2 days ago, because the system ORDERED me to when i was sugning in, but after this, in carrer mode i have no access to flashbacks (it shows the buttons but nothing works).

Also in TT mode when you restart, all OSD stops working (i run inside cockpit) even when you have it set to "on".

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
I'VE ASK FOR CODEMASTERS SUPPORT BUT STILL NO ANSWERS YET.
IF THEY DO I'LL SHARE WITH YOU ALL. THANKS.

P.S: ALSO HAVE THAT 4-digit-on-wheel-display difference, like ZANNY 4 posts above, but that i don't mind.

Ok. The flashback bug, wasn't a bug. My mistake. I've probably tryed a flashback near a pit entry. I'm a Dumb. But the other bugs were correct and ask for codemasters support. Today they sent me an email to identify my DVD number ( to see if i have a original i guess) and asked to send them my problems (no pudlles, no splashs, OSD bug) andto attach my DXDIAG info. If they get me a solution i'll share.

Just a small question did u actually make new Shadow textures for the game also? As u changed the resolution to 4096x4096 but the vanilla game doesnt offer that resolution textures in the files.
Great find ;-))

Yes you're right. But it's possible to force it. I am working on more texture files now. Will post soon. My logic is: if you increase resolution and quality, it has to show some positive result. As long as your system can handle it. It seems to work well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes