F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

That track tool is supreme, can edit file in two seconds instead of 3 mins.

Just to let you guys know, im currently looking at the fuel sim and optimising settings for that. As we cant affect acceleration with the track stuff I'm playing around with vehicle config to try and get settings right. So having to do a few long races which takes time.

I will also make sure I get Bahrain under way soon so we can have all tracks in that java app asap, as its perfect for quick changes.
Sounds great! Awesome work masiullah! And George...sure you're playing those long races to test stuff out :rolleyes:. Quit slacking and get to work! :tongue:

Btw, some ppl on another thread are mentioning that installing the patch on vanilla installation and then just replacing database.bin with the one from 1.0 solves the save problem. If true, that would be awesome. Also CM just posted a fix for the puddle/water issue, so looks like things are coming along well :)

yup, been working on it non-stop, rite now on the albert park circuit.
You are crazy dude! Some major dedication right there! :). Thanks for all the hard work. A bunch of us guys are trying to tweak AI performance on a per track basis and that itself is so painful and time consuming. I can only imagine how much effort and time this mod is taking you. You deserve a medal for it! :D

can this possible the rain drops small size instread of big lines (watch gp4 2010) and when the replay my car spray heavy but other cars normally spray can the possible all car spray heavy. it will watch real

can this possible the rain drops small size instread of big lines (watch gp4 2010) and when the replay my car spray heavy but other cars normally spray can the possible all car spray heavy. it will watch real

lol, its far from fun I can assure you. With fuel effects active things become a bit more unstable, and trying to compensate different effects and keep the ai on pace for a longer race throughout, I can see why cm didn't get it done. Also with fuel affects off I tried messing with the Fuelsim values but didn't notice any differences.

The best I got so far was to enable the fuel and compensate how slow they go to start with by increasing their grip and acceleration, but it can cause the odd accident :/

In terms of the tracks, should be fairly easy now thanks to work done on the application. If I cant get the fuel thing sorted I can probably get through tracks fairly quickly.

Hi again
I have had some troubles with getting my 2048 car sized up to 4096 as Ryder PSSG.exe (latest version) works with DDS files (photoshop) and I am using PSP 9. I cannot get PSP 9 to work with DDS, not even the plugin from Nvidia etc, and after searching for it, many people have had the same experience. I could get Photoshop i know, but i am not a graphical expert within this piece of software. I have tried rezing my 2048 car to 4096 within PSP 9. OK.
When I try to import that 4096 car in the F1 2010 Texture Editor.exe v. 0.5 this Editor can open the file OK, but when I click Import, it says ”size of the picture does not match”….
Is it acceptable at all to resize the car file within PSP 9 from 2048 to 4096 (a .png file) ?
Is it possible to resize it in another way to 4096 without PaintshopPro ?
Can I import the .png to the game in another way ?

ps: Its all about getting the car in UltraHD as thats the goal here. Everything works importing and exporting with the Texture Editor 0.5 as long as I keep it in 2048 and below. But UltraHD is just mindblowing if one look at the other cars in that quality.

Thanks in advance
Cheers peter

But using polish version, for example, u don't get any "similar" accents, characters for the czech? If no, u tried to open the pssg with fontfiles (believe in type, or something like that, have some truetype .dds) if u export the truetypefont.dds maybe u can do one with you custom chars, nah?

Wow, i dind't read about the GRIDEditor. Good stuff! U should release it in the forum if works with f1 2010!

So, 4096 to 2048 is a big difference. Point. =)

About the PSP9, why u just don't draw it it PSP and export any type of file in GIMP? Some guy in PSSG Tool thread found the correct setting to export DDS using GIMP =)

Hockenheim
ID Corner
id="0" 1
id="1" 2
id="2" 6
id="3" 7
id="4" 8
id="5" 19
id="6" 12
id="7" 13
id="8" 14/15
id="9" 16
id="10" 17

I'll try to do the rest this weekend. Sure hope they can find a fix. I'm back on pre-patch atm:tongue:

Polish language does not have similar accents, because it's simply another Slavic language in Europe region. Polish have like crossed characters, that Czech does not have. By contrast Polish does not have characters with caron, that Czech have. Sure several characters with acute or with diaeresis in use both languages, as well as many other languages around the world. And yes, i try to export fonts, as i wrote, with Texture Editor utility or with 3DSimEd, but in first case, utility crash with error and in second, 3DSimEd export it as DDS, but when i try to open DDS, an error ocurr as "Unknown Compression". Maybe it is because all these utilities read raw data from PSSG file and add own DDS headers, that in this case maybe are wrong and these DDS files are absolutely uneditable.

Now an idea occurred to me, that these fonts (DDS) is maybe editable via Adobe Photoshop as separate RGB layers (maybe i inarticulate it, but maybe you understand, what i mean), but i do not have this software for trying it. If you can, please try it and tell me if it work, please. Then i can try to get Photoshop for my work.

Yes, GRIDEditor will work with F1 2010 too, but for now i do not remember, where on internet i get it. I cannot violate copyright, then i don't know, if i can post/release it here without agreement of author or author of original post/release. I try find of author and ask him for release it here by him or by me. OK?

Downloads: A new file has been added by R34P3R:

[RDDev] Ferrai F10 - UltraHD - MegaPACK !

rddev_f10_megapack_poster.png

--------------------------------------------------
--- F E R R A R I - F 1 0 - U L T R A - H D ---
--------------------------------------------------

Version: V1 (for Patch 1.01)

Updates:

---- V1 ----

- Complete HQ Restextured
- UltraHD rims
- UltraHD Logos, sponsors, screws and covers
- Updated Color for Lightmods (Truelight mod)
- Reflections and shadows on Skin

- Versions:
Normal
Exhaust
Barcode
Marlboro

- 2048 and 4096 UltraHD Textures for all Versions !

Installation:

1: Backup: ( cars\fe0\livery_main\ )

2: Choose Version

4096 = UltraHD
2048 = Normal

3: Extract the selected version and replace all files.

4: Have Fun

---------------------------------------------
Update by: RDDev - R34P3R - bs.99@gmx.net

No one is allowed to edit my Textures !
---------------------------------------------

GRIDEditor

OK, i open GRIDEditor and in About dialog is these words: "Race Driver: GRID text editor - uses UTF-8 encoding. Use it free and give credits to Jenner - GameVicio (http://www.gamevicio.com.br)." Maybe this is be enough for release here without ask author. Right? If yes, then can i simply upload it here as release in Download section? Right?

Edit: I found it on Xentax Research forum here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=41717#p41717

Editor posted on Xentax is by the author self (Jenner). Thanks Jenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 207 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.6%