F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

That track tool is supreme, can edit file in two seconds instead of 3 mins.

Just to let you guys know, im currently looking at the fuel sim and optimising settings for that. As we cant affect acceleration with the track stuff I'm playing around with vehicle config to try and get settings right. So having to do a few long races which takes time.

I will also make sure I get Bahrain under way soon so we can have all tracks in that java app asap, as its perfect for quick changes.

Hey Orion ^^. And ya really making the starts dance at the sky, nah? ahuahuahuahua

For the trulight, the tool was VB, i guess, r34p3r stuff =) For the effects, i guess the program uses a decompiled source of the effect, and write to the batchxml(.cfg) to give the values to effects.xml I'm don't prety sure, but i guess is that =)

Man, vslasnovas was able to the edit the text files. He don't tell anyone how yet, but i'm really curious.
A way to edit stuff without messing with anything is use XV32 Hex editor. But is a LONG run. ^^

But just for asking.. Czech language include some special characters not included in DIN standarts? Cuz if not, you just mess with the language files itself.

This a GREAT IDEA, Ron! I'm so sad anybody cares about the texture rendering itself =) But i'm curious! This is working cool for DX9? And no-patched-versions? ( i give up from him) hehehe.

But is REALLY good! Congrtz, man, thanks a lot for the job and sharing. We need to keep the engine working, nah? hehehe

Does anybody know of any mods that stop your car from spining when you touch the kerbs?
It seems that some kerbs will spin you almost every time that you touch them even at very low speed and very little steering angle on, theres quite a few at Singapore and the first few turns at Monza.

My work is very modest compared to what you guys do! But every bit helps..:)

For Neil: the file goes here: Effects/Textures folder. This is the only file present in the folder.

The texture tweak is not dependent on which version of DX. Just a matter of a reasonably good graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 223 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 86 34.0%