Oculus rift with this computer setup ?

Hi Guys,
im really interested to buy oculus rift for assetto corsa, im just not sure if my computer can handle it
FPS @ high/ultra settings on 1080p in assetto corsa without oculus rift is around 100-120 stable.

Computer :
i5-4690k @ 3,5ghz
AS-Rock Z97 Pro4
8 gb DDR3-1600
msi geforce 970 4GB

Do you think it will be enough to run assetto corsa smooth with oculus rift ?
Or is it better to wait 1-2 years and buy the OR as soon as I have a new computer?

Thank you!

Hi Guys,
im really interested to buy oculus rift for assetto corsa, im just not sure if my computer can handle it
FPS @ high/ultra settings on 1080p in assetto corsa without oculus rift is around 100-120 stable.

Computer :
i5-4690k @ 3,5ghz
AS-Rock Z97 Pro4
8 gb DDR3-1600
msi geforce 970 4GB

Do you think it will be enough to run assetto corsa smooth with oculus rift ?
Or is it better to wait 1-2 years and buy the OR as soon as I have a new computer?

Thank you!

Your CPU is fine for VR but the 970 really won't cut it for sim racing. Maybe if the visual in-game settings are reduced to the bare minimum but theirs a point we're it will look so basic I don't think it's worth it. You'll certainly find someone VR racing and rocking a 970 and claim it's super smooth and looks fine. The 'looks fine' bit is down to what they've become used too. I'm running a 8700k and 1080 Ti and that still requires lowered settings to run perfectly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back