oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

Oh good God - it's deliberate then.
Tempted to sign up to that forum just to post an e-turd through Oculus's letterbox.
What a bunch of idiots they are, forcing this on people who never even asked for it.
Mightily, mightily pissed off right now. PC gaming is a delicate enough balancing act at the best of times without self-important bullies storming in and sabotaging things.
Wankers!

Upvote 0
Time for a new Headset I think ..Hello Samsung and a message to Oculus.f.......k.you. i now have a headset that is unusable.NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS

Upvote 0
I'll relax when my post-shitshow performance matches my pre-shitshow one. There is no doubt whatsoever that Assetto Corsa runs significantly worse since this update was forced through, despite what this redditer says.

I believe it's not necessarily Home that's the issue. It's not entirely clear based on what I've been reading but there seem to be a number of different elements which launch, (in and out of VR), when the Oculus client is run and one of them, (Dash?), is hogging a chunk of ram. I though that memory could be the issue last night when I replicated the issues you had Steve of returning to CM after the first race and then immediately driving again, with no new variables. Went from a buttery smooth experience to treacle. :)

Upvote 0

Cheers for this Rob.

It might just work you know or at least help. :thumbsup:(Although don't want to get anyone's hopes up!)

Very quick and simple file mod and I ran multiple AC (via CM) and then Rf2 race sessions without any noticeable impact at all, (from race 2 onwards as race 1 was never an issue), whilst the Oculus Client remained active. That could be down to my 1080ti and oc'd 8700k but it was still a 'night and day' experience compared to before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers for this Rob.

It might just work you know or at least help. :thumbsup:(Although don't want to get anyone's hopes up!)

Very quick and simple file mod and I ran multiple AC (via CM) and then Rf2 race sessions without any noticeable impact at all, (from race 2 onwards as race 1 was never an issue), whilst the Oculus Client remained active. That could be down to my 1080ti and oc'd 8700k but it was still a 'night and day' experience compared to before.

It works fine..For me at the moment the best sollution to play Assetto Corsa in VR via Content Manager.

Thanks

Update: i uninstall via DDU the old Nvidia Driver.
Install the new 416.34. and its broken..
The same issue before. Uninstall 416.34. install 399.24.. same issue.

I make a new fresh install of Windows 10. Only the Mainboard Driver , Nvidia 399.24 Driver. Oculus 1.31 and Steam. Configure Oculus and Start Content Manager.
Same issue game runs at Monitor no Image at Oculus.. i hate it.
I do the hack without Home2.. same issue.. arghhhh.. its boring..
I changed the Output from Oculus Rift to Devoloper in Content Manager and used Steam VR.

And now oculus Home switched to Steam VR an i started a Race..
Wow.. its fine.. Sound an Image at the oculus..
Clear sign that it must lie on the oculus software.
I have no idea. That's how it works. Let's see what the developers of oculus will do now. The easiest option would be to be able to deactivate the option Home2 as in the beta phase.

My Sys. Intel I7 6700k and GTX 1070

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers for this Rob.

Works for me too - thank God for that!
I'm convinced it's a teeny bit worse than pre-shitshow but I'll take it. Multiple races on the newly optimised FM7 Bathurst mod in AC went without a hitch. None of that second-race juddering that kept me awake staring at the ceiling all last night.
Thanks for finding this @RobertR1, you've preserved my sanity.
Call off the bonfire!

Upvote 0
Man, as per @Mascot's comment, don't I wish I'd stumbled on this thread sooner. Christ almighty, I've just about driven the car through my sim room and called it a day. What a disgrace to completely cripple your product and destroy the best part of a day (or more) of your customer base's time and energy. Everything being described here has happened to me, and I've had league races to deal with inbetween, too!

I suggest people move over to the OpenVR output of AC, run the custom OpenOVR .dll file and sever the turd that is Oculus Home from their existence. What a shameful display of incompetency from such a massive company. Here I was thinking that I'd keep my Oculus in case the Pimax ends up needing more power for what I need it for. Now I'll be setting it up under my rear van tire as soon as I get it back after some bastard stole it.

Oculus, you have wasted literally WEEKS of my time over the 18 months I have had the displeasure of owning your product. May Pimax and StarVR BURY your sorry excuse for a customer service based business.

Upvote 0
Man, as per @Mascot's comment, don't I wish I'd stumbled on this thread sooner. Christ almighty, I've just about driven the car through my sim room and called it a day. What a disgrace to completely cripple your product and destroy the best part of a day (or more) of your customer base's time and energy. Everything being described here has happened to me, and I've had league races to deal with inbetween, too!

I suggest people move over to the OpenVR output of AC, run the custom OpenOVR .dll file and sever the turd that is Oculus Home from their existence. What a shameful display of incompetency from such a massive company. Here I was thinking that I'd keep my Oculus in case the Pimax ends up needing more power for what I need it for. Now I'll be setting it up under my rear van tire as soon as I get it back after some bastard stole it.

Oculus, you have wasted literally WEEKS of my time over the 18 months I have had the displeasure of owning your product. May Pimax and StarVR BURY your sorry excuse for a customer service based business.

I share your pain dude. I wasted a day's holiday trying to figure out what was wrong and sort this flustercluck out. At one point I was going to jump in the car and make a fifty mile round trip to exchange what I thought was a faulty HMD.
The good news is the 'no-home' fix seems to work and only takes a minute to set up.

Upvote 0

Please write your post in the oculus forum..
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69768/rift-release-1-31-rolling-out-now-live#latest

Here many people are already annoyed and there are also some help.

It does not change the fact that the new update is causing problems. And so a company is not able to provide an old version that has worked.

That is weak. When Microsoft recently discovered that the last update has errors, it was stopped.

When Oculus attacks "eat or die"

Already have a ticket open.

You have the log date. So far nothing has happened.

And I'm not a league driver but still frustrated.

I've already thought about opening a quick poll in the forum so they might see that it's not just 2 people who are frustrated

Upvote 0
On a more positive note, I've actually noticed that through all this trash performance I've (we've) been getting, ASW is working extremely well for me (when it actually obeys the command to force 45fps ASW ON) compared to before. I've been tempted to run in ASW full time and just crank the settings, but I keep going back to 90 (again, when it actually works like it did before) and end up leaving it. The good thing is that when I am having poor performance due to a mod track or some other issue, forcing 45fps doesn't seem to impact my driving or make me feel like I want it off. I tend to forget about it, which is pretty amazing as I've never liked it in the past.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Forum trophies