Occasional Choppy Frames Despite High FPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 130869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Hi,

As the subject states that is my issue. It came up in Spielberg where in a few sections my FPS was at 80 but the actual image was choppy and skipping as if my FPS were about 15. Everything is maxed out everywhere. Can anyone shed a light?

So far as I know Marc, I am using the sweetFX mod, so I had to rename it. I was playing around with Nvidia's DSR update but have reverted back to my working, stable and decent FPS setup I had previously. I will double check tonight but I have not noticed any issues.

So far as I know Marc, I am using the sweetFX mod, so I had to rename it. I was playing around with Nvidia's DSR update but have reverted back to my working, stable and decent FPS setup I had previously. I will double check tonight but I have not noticed any issues.
ahh, it was a different dll I was thinking about, the one that fixes negative LOD clamp, Im blaming this cold/man flu Im suffering with, got my brain running at 30% power.

ahh, it was a different dll I was thinking about, the one that fixes negative LOD clamp, Im blaming this cold/man flu Im suffering with, got my brain running at 30% power.

Hope you get well soon. 30% that is a good day for me. I cant remember (see old man memory) were I got the DLL from, think it was the one Lou posted in that discussion on edges quality, geforce forum. It still works for me after renaming it along with some Nvidia inspector settings. Is that the same one or different?

200+fps with sweetfx
280+fps with sweetfx disabled

• Deleted member 130869

Make sure in Rules, Time Scale=None, anything else will cause stutters.

That could explain it then as I had it set to 20x. Big shame if that's the culprit.

Occasional Choppy Frames Despite High FPS

well, you cant say 15 fps is high, can you? try lowering your graphic settings, especially shadows and shadowblur. also the usual 3rd party dll's like wombat

You misread my post. At the most intensive moments with everything possible maxed out I get 80FPS in Spielberg, yet it BEHAVES as if it was 15. My specs are in my profile but it's a 4GB GTX 770.

That could explain it then as I had it set to 20x. Big shame if that's the culprit.

You misread my post. At the most intensive moments with everything possible maxed out I get 80FPS in Spielberg, yet it BEHAVES as if it was 15. My specs are in my profile but it's a 4GB GTX 770.

oops you're right totally misread. small list offhand for things that can cure stuttering: a)plr file Max Framerate="-120" b)make sure you have all cores enabled in task manager c)time scale off d)wombat dll v2 http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/34520214/file.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back