NVidia RTX Super

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Well, if you don't mind paying 200 pounds extra for a minimal increase in performance you should've gotten a 2080ti for a measurable performance boost. I mean you wont be disappointed with a 2080 that's for sure. Powerful card and all that but, you can get the exact same performance with a 1080ti and now 2070 super for way less. You are literally paying extra for no tangible gains. Why would you do that?

Super was not even announced when i got 2080

In AU same model gigabyte windforce OC
2080 1159
2080Ti 1859

No brainer the 80 is better value ...aka bang for buck

..or did you mean I should have got a 3700 instead of 3900

Mate I wish i never heard of them and got a 9700K :)

We are chasing unicorns, trying to gain a few extra fps thinking that will solve all issues just to discover that now something else is holding us back from becoming super sim racers.
We are trying to run poorly optimized games on the highest settings and when somebody else writes about his fps we think we need to upgrade again.

For true VR I am mostly using PC2 and have found that it is very easy to optimize in VR. Sure the AA are not perfect but that is the same on monitor.
With some settings there isn't much difference in visual quality between Ultra and medium or even low quality. Takes a while to get it right for you!
Same with Rf2.
Currently not using it much but since I generally prefer lighter (fps) mods and tracks I have no real problems running them on a i7 7700k @ 4.8ghz and a slightly OC RTX 2070.

A little fiddling with settings will help you a lot more than upgrading to a 'Super' .

• Deleted member 197115

@Bjarne Hansen, what HMD are you using?
Mind sharing your PC2 settings, I assume you can run it at solid 90fps. I am still struggling to achieve good image quality/performace balance in WMR. Which is much easier with modded AC.
WMR dev mentioned some performace issues in games with multiple rendered layers, like PCars, that they are trying to fix. Wondering if that"s the reason it performs so poorly for me.
I am on i9-9900k and 1080Ti, btw.
You can respond in PCars2 subforum so we don't clutter this topic. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wmr-vr-settings.170454/
Thanks

Super was not even announced when i got 2080

In AU same model gigabyte windforce OC
2080 1159
2080Ti 1859

No brainer the 80 is better value ...aka bang for buck

..or did you mean I should have got a 3700 instead of 3900

Mate I wish i never heard of them and got a 9700K :)
We are talking two different things. The comment of going to 2080ti instead of the 2080 is because you said it wasn't about money.

The comment on not buying the 2080 super that I was making was because nowadays, with the 2070 Super, you have a functionally identical card. Sure the 2080 Super is arguanbly stronger especially overclocked. But an OC 2070 Super can match a stock 2080 (i.e. 3 to 10% slower than a 2080 super). Which means that you are paying 200 pounds/euros extra for functionally the same card. I am considering pulling the trigger on a 2070 super reference card once they are back on stock as they are quite well priced for the boost in VR perfromance I will get.

Ah understood

What I meant to say we all look at value differently .... bang for buck, aesthetic, clan brand, etc
I myself tend to be intrinsic .....I work out how much use I will get vs how much resale = $xx a week
or how many donuts and coffee :inlove: I must miss to save for next upgrade lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back