nVidia or AMD ? i need a upgrade soon

Hiya Jim Cole happens almost anywhere, any game, well apart from Crysis 3.... i have turned on VSync because i heard that stops the tears, since then i have not seen it at all (3 hours of playing now)

it's really confusing, but i hope V Sync has sorted it, if not i truly am lost.
V sync DOES stop screen tearing especially with increased detail. I play some old MAME32 roms and they tear like crazy without vsync and that's only emulating some old 1980s classics lol

screen tearing usually occurs when the fps exceeds the refresh rate of the monitor. The more it exceeds it, the more tearing you will see. I actually never see tearing, so didn't recognize that as tearing. One thing you can do to see what is going on would be to limit the frame rates through vsync or another program to see if it goes away, if it does, then most likely it is just tearing and nothing to worry about. I don't use nVidia cards, but I think that MSI afterburner has the ability to limit the max frame rate.

BTW, I would suggest limiting frame rates over using vsync unless your system never falls below your monitor's refresh rate as vsync can seriously slow down the fps when it drops below.

You might try googling "screen flickering in battlefield 3".There is a ton of info on this problem and fixes.One thing you should try is running the game in window mode and see what happens.I had this problem for crysis 2 but cant remember what i did to fix it.I think it was a crossfire issue if i remember right but i do remember running the game in window mode and it did fix it but that's not the permanent solution.Also try minimizing and maximizing or using the battlefield 3 icon in the task bar to launch the game wile its loading it's said this can help some issues.One other thing if you are using a HDTV this could be a problem to due to the refresh rate being to low and also it causes a driver problem to.It's best to use a pc moniter i have read this can fix screen flickering problems.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back