Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti leak reveals a very powerful graphics card

oI mate

Not optimistic, I never said it will do xxx for sims just that it could, might ........ I just hopeful is all ;)

Why ?
Well IF new gen sims, not necessarily ACC implemented DLSS you would have smoother cars and tracks with better performance then TAA and better looking visuals ?
It would have possibility of eliminating clamp issue and things like ugly jags along track ( have a look at F1-2018) It may also be able to eliminate the sparkling on some edges

Check Tomb raider supports DLSS even the flames on candles have perfectly smooth edges
Find a jag anywhere in a scene, usually shooters are full of objects look jaggy depending the angle you view

Look at the electric leads hanging around for the coloured lights in the Lara scene they are smooth then go and look at overhead power wires in sims tracks ! they all jag city because of TAA/AA method and it has always costs gobs in performance for little gain in moving scenery ?

Not bad list to start with considering cards got to be released

The games that have already been disclosed that will feature real-time ray tracing include:

• Assetto Corsa Competizione from Kunos Simulazioni/505 Games
  • Atomic Heart from Mundfish
  • Battlefield V from EA/DICE
  • Control from Remedy Entertainment/505 Games
  • Enlisted from Gaijin Entertainment/Darkflow Software
  • Justice from NetEase
  • JX3 from Kingsoft
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries from Piranha Games
  • Metro Exodus from 4A Games
  • ProjectDH from Nexon’s devCAT Studio
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider from Square Enix/Eidos-Montréal/Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes
And the games that will use DLSS include:

• Ark: Survival Evolved from Studio Wildcard
  • Atomic Heart from Mundfish
  • Dauntless from Phoenix Labs
  • Final Fantasy XV from Square Enix
  • Fractured Lands from Unbroken Studios
  • Hitman 2 from IO Interactive/Warner Bros.
  • Islands of Nyne from Define Human Studios
  • Justice from NetEase
  • X3 from Kingsoft
  • Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries from Piranha Games
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds from PUBG Corp.
  • Remnant: From the Ashes from Arc Games
  • Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass from Croteam/Devolver Digital
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider from Square Enix/Eidos-Montréal/Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes
  • The Forge Arena from Freezing Raccoon Studios
  • We Happy Few from Compulsion Games / Gearbox

Last edited:
One can love or hate the new RTXs, but something that is certain is that this is the most controversial Nvidia launch/presentation since the GeForce 5 (FX) series back in 2003.
Not a good start for the RTX series, however and whatever way we paint it.
Even the heavy-weights in the media side of PC hardware now openly disagree between themselves....

...in this case it's justifiable, and couldn't agree more with Steve Burke (GN) right there.

Last edited:
I cannot see me purchasing this card since I bought my GTX 1070 last year. It's still a strong card. Plus I can't see Ray Tracing being the future. There will be a software implementation soon enough, I'm sure of it.

As long as you sure the 9th fastest Nvidia card is enough good for you I say, I wish I had the same constitution :)

I also have GTX1070 and at anything but 1080p it is less then great

Since CRT ( 2048x1536 ) I been stuck at 1920 and I am tired off it :)

Having said that personally I would not be willing to run sims I like with reduced quality
I don't see the point spending so much to do that
So only way for me to get same quality and performance at 1440 is a new card

This is not just Nvidia trying to push some in-house idea or technology onto developers.
It is, however, Nvidia taking the lead to get developers involved and using their own upcoming hardware acceleration solution.

Info: Direct X Ray Tracing

Last edited:
How it is utilised or when it is available is the question.

Which along with performance levels is exactly what I said all along ;)

So I am willing to wait for proof of concept but others are content in trying as hard to
change peoples mind, same as people did with early VR calling it a gimmick

Doing ray tracing by car and track once a month should be easier then complex scenes in shooters

I think it is more likely people will fall over themselves when they see the difference
and IF ACC does have it and IF AC2 announces it people will be lining up to get a RTX card

No one is going to deny that the majority see eye candy and visuals as most important aspect right ?
............yet somehow they against this idea ever working

AMD lovers told me before Ryzen was released it would be almost twice as fast for almost 1/2 the cost in sims , well basically all games ...........:O_o:

Last edited:
Lets remember something specific about ACC that has been highlighted as main components to its gameplay.
  • Weather (Rain/Fog)
  • 24Hr Day/NIght Cycle
Its possible from a visual perspective this could be potentially by a large margin the best-looking racing sim that we have seen. Even without the RT effects applied it looks great but with them on (even if 1080p) personally it gets me excited as I am like many, one who has always enjoyed advances in visuals or audio.

I can remember Crisis 1 on a 1080p projector and getting about 25fps but at the time to see those visuals at 1080p resolution was an experience. Was it a way I would of played the game seriously? No, of course not but hardware improved and made it possible in time.

Last edited:
A damp cold Belguim morning
Rays of golden light break through the mist and trees and move in realtime with you

Lemans midnight your dirty window reflecting the purple neon hue and cockpit lights
Coloured lights from outside being refracted and mixed in various intensity

Realtime backfires that would light a darkened scene not the same static texture every time

Sparks manipulated with light source could look almost real and gain and lose intensity

Little things like that would add up nicely thank you very much

Hey all, hope all are well.

I've followed the RTX announcements quite closely and personally feel that this is smoke and mirrors from Nvidia.

With the whole mining thing, the 10 series has become awfully long in the tooth and gamers have been waiting the longest time for something "new". Tensor cores aside these GPU's aren't new, more a refresh of Pascal on 12nm. New architecture won't come until Nvidia moves to 7nm and that is when we are likely to see big gains. There are gains to be had with a refresh but less so.

While Raytracing is no doubt the future, from early reports it doesn't sound like that technology is quite ready for market with this generation of cards. There is talk of the flagship 2080Ti failing to maintain 60fps at 1080p with ray tracing on in some titles. That has ten Tensor cores while the 2070Ti will have only two, bit of a token gesture.

The real measure of these cards is whether they can do a solid job of 4k at 144hz which is what a lot of people want right now. If they can't do that, well... Tensor cores, Schmensor cores!

By all means consider making a purchase, but if you are already on a 10 series card please wait for comparison benchmarks before getting too excited (or parting with the hard earned)!

I think that's a pretty good summary of my opinion. The 20 series is about introducing a new feature over beating apples to apples raw performance of the previous generation. A 15-20% speed increase is what I'm expecting to find.

I just don't believe ray tracing and DLSS are going to appear much in the next couple of years, whereby they'll be replaced by better versions of the technology. The list of titles Nvidia produced is a good start, but seriously how many of those games would you buy, 2 or 3 from that list? So on that basis worth it for some nicer looking shadows and some reflections? As a parallel Just think about Direct 12, 3 years in and hardly any developers use it. And as I mentioned before proprietary technology is a gamble for both Nvidia and the user, PhysX is a case and point.

For GPU generation skippers then the 2080 could be a resonable upgrade from the 9 series but 10 series owners should remain cautious until, 1. Benchmarks appear comparing 10 to 20 series cards. 2. There's actually a single released title with ray tracing reviewed with performance charts.

As a 1080 Ti owner I'm interested in the standard performance improvement data primarily. The RTX specific features don't do anything in 100% of games I currently own so are redundant.

Last edited:
lol them prices, no thanks

amd could steal the market here if they pull their fingers out

I think to some point like the way mobile phone prices have surged for the high end models.
People often buy such luxuries on credit or finance. They look at things from the Per Month cost.

Here is an example, when you do that how many people that bought a 1080Ti in the last 6 months are now thinking, they wish they had a 2080 coming. Most I would assume, would be tempted from the example above to go in a further £10-£17 per month (depending on what deposit or finance they seek) for the 2080Ti and own the best card.

Often they can sell GPU they have to help finance the new purchase its no different to a car or indeed a luxury phone. The main problem is some are just addicted to wanting and needing to own the newest/greatest things. Yet I bet they have a mountain of debt on crefit cards, contracts or loans. To some they want the bragging rights of ownership. They live beyond their means.

Common sense may not factor into it as much as we should expect.

I agree it makes sense to see how performance benchmarks show what benefits these cards may bring. I agree prices are too high, I agree its highly questionable/concerning how RT performance in the listed titles may fall below 60fps with 1080p and this with the highest end card therefore making it even less usable on the 2080 or 2070. Yet users may still be able to use some other RTX features to help improve visuals.

Common sense would say to wait, let the prices at least begin to drop and hold off till more about the new RTX features is actually available in games that can be enjoyed.

I do not, however, expect to see 7nm cards with even greater performance appearing in 9 months time like some assume we will see them in 2019 but heck who knows. Nvidia should know they have to now extend the time between their high end cards as the prices of them has been increasing and the majority of customers will not upgrade on a yearly or just over a year cycle.

Im a 1070 owner it has been a great card for me and Im so glad I went beyond an AMD 480 or 1060 at the time. Yet it makes sense I start to consider an upgrade, perhaps I could easily sell my EVGA FTW for @£300 as thats a good upgrade to some 970/980 or 1060 owners (who are many) but as they have perhaps more a value-based mindset they are not likely going to at this time spend £700 on an upcoming 2070 which some of you expect here will be replaced in possibly a year.

Already ebay is filling with 1080ti cards from @£500-£550+ proof if anything common sense isn't so common but the desire to own the newest thing is like an addiction.

Last edited:
Go and find compare photos of DLSS on/off , amazing and thats photo with glare !
nvidia-dlss-demo-rtx-2080.jpg

imagine your favourite sims had that visual improvement you kidding me how can't you love it !

BTW the link I posted was the guy was there and said 1080 left 40+ fps 2080 right 70+ fps..how is that not good improvement :O_o:

Also DLSS can be added to old stuff imagine steam re-releases of your favourite games, they will do it you know they will anything for a dollar ... F1 Remaster in DLSS 2010-2018 p

P.S.
Anyway I simply not going from 1070 to 1080Ti and miss out on anything as it would be 3 years this time maybe till I upgrade again, by then RTX titles will be on steam sales

Last edited:
There is no software solution. Ray tracing is a professional thing, not some fancy nvidia only thingy.
Nvidia put half a workstation gpu on the new gen and build a bridge from professional rendering to DirectX.
So yeah, it might be the case that there will come an open solution, so that it'll become part of DirectX and to use it amd will just have to throw some workstation cores on there gaming gpu's.

Not comparable to 3d vision at all.
I agree though that it might die out a little before it'll become a global thing, all gpu's etc. I'd think the nvidia cores will always be able to enhance the speed of that though.

BF5 RTX Footage

Tech Chap

I can't see ray tracing lasting very long Durge. Like 3D Vision, it'll die because software will take over.

3d had a major issue for some that it required glasses. This wasnt how many owners wanted to experience movies or gaming. 3D is not dead but VR has taken its place as being an option for more immersive visuals in gaming.

Ray Tracing
From what I understand it needs hardware acceleration to make it work. The RTX is built around this technology and we know we are going to see Nvida continue this. No it is not going to die off as it is a game changer in the way graphics may be incorporated in games of the future. Why would devs not want to embrace or invest in this, the question is when is the time to start not if perhaps. Also maybe I am wrong but are more and more devs not now embracing DX12 where before they didn't really need or have to?

BF5 as in the video I linked several days ago was confirmed to be running via "Ray Tracing" at 1080p 60fps Yet people still focus on the news of Tomb Raider at @30fps.

Yes this on a 2080Ti but what we have not yet been shown is how sliders just like current graphical options can be set to have lower-higher impact. We need to wait to find out just how well a 2070 or 2080 can cope with RT or other RTX features.

I think really Nvidia need the devs to have this in games and we see the benefits it brings.
It will then sell itself just as HDR on PC has started in being a nightmare, although in the coming year. We are seeing proper monitors and Windows 10 finally do a much better job of it.

Games potentially with RTX and HDR on a good monitor visually, potentially are going to be a big step up to current/recent titles with traditional graphics options on non HDR displays.

I think thats part of the driving force with these RTX cards. They will need nice displays to also make full use of them. What benefits we see with the new VR socket is still also yet to be seen or if we see Oculus or others bring an improved VR hardware.

GPUs just getting faster and faster with more and more Cuda Cores but no real new (worthwhile features) it seems was not enough. The issue is the extra hit on the cost of these cards may be too much for many to swallow.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 181 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 28.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 35.3%