Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti leak reveals a very powerful graphics card

Paul Glover

I talk lots
VideoCardz has provided what it claims are specifications for Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, and it will allegedly include 11GB of GDDR6 memory with 4352 CUDA cores. That’s more than 20 percent more than the existing 3584 CUDA cores found on the GTX 1080 Ti, and 70 percent more than the base GTX 1080. It’s not clear what speed the card is clocked at, but that amount of CUDA cores will make it a very powerful graphics card either way. The improved memory bandwidth on GDDR6 will also mean this a very capable card.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre.../nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-specs-leak-rumors

I too was suspicious of such news untill the end of this past week.
But, indeed, it does seem that both the RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti are going to be the first of the new RTX series (NVIDIA Turing) GPUs to be launched.
Plenty pictured models at VideoCardz and also an overview article at Guru3d.

Rumours are that each model is being priced 100,00 Euros higher, for the least, than the older equivalent (i.e, if GTX1080 is 600,00 Euros then RTX2080 will be at least 700,00 Euros, and so on), and that's not counting the usual inflated prices on launch due to the novelty factor.

...I just hope the rumours are false, as that means the RTX2060 (to be launched later) could end costing well above 400,00+ Euros, and that ridiculous high price (for the expected segment it belongs) would probably provoke an implosion of the mid-range segment of GPUs. :sick:

Last edited:
Sitting up ( 2am start here ) so did a new OS ready for pre-order :geek:

Talk about anxiety :p

Thanks for the thread too

P.S. See people hoping for 4K@144Hz so they can finally use those nice monitors right
Personally I can't see it but gladly be proved wrong :)

Last edited:
ACC needs RTX or go home lol

Great to see them getting a showing
Finally we get to see a "sim" featured in most site benchtests
more important driver improvements for 3 screen/VR etc ........excellent

Im really looking forward to seeing ACC at night or in rain with these new, ray-t shadows and reflections. BF5, Tomb Raider and Metro looked rather amazing. Shame we didn't see video footage yet of ACC.

So reflections from the interior windscreen and other cars lights behind in the dark, to mirrors, shadows on track, sun glare and more should all be very pleasing eye candy.

Id imagine the new 1440p based 49" Super Ultrawide (due later this year with good HDR) will look rather sweet with even the 2070 but oh man, speaking from personal position, its going to be sooooo hard to decide what to buy regards gpu, monitor or DD wheel.

Last edited:
"Timing is everything."
Had you sold your current GTX1070 or GTX1080 to the miners at the height of their 'feeding frenzy, you'd be covered for the cost of the GTX 2080Ti.
Funny how that works.
Jen-hsun is a smart guy.

People bought TITAN XPS for gaming for $1199
So Whats the difference? :rolleyes:

I got no time to listen to unimportant utube that say nothing

Lets see benches in ACC and visual immersion impact it brings to the table first
Kunos did not release shots with RTX did they ? and people still going nuts over the visuals

This is what sims need more then shooters ........real glass , reflected lighting and shadows

Have a look at F1 2018 is just totally devoid of any shades or contrast in places like stadiums

If you get sim buddy to send one it is $999 US = $1,360 AU + 3% + postage so $1,500 tops ?

Who do you want to blame they are $400 more instore here ? ;)

For me now the point where better physics outweigh immersion and ambiance has been surpassed

Think what Kunos can and will do with RTX for their next sim

That still shot of ACC RTX was magic, no more ugly static textured reflections

just take one aspect, headlights imagine possibilities

MSI GTX1080Ti gaming X - $1,199 + $30 priority shipping

GTX2080 free delivery so why on earth would I pay more for a slower older card

If you mean wait and buy cheaper ? 1080Ti will be all gone before price drops much

If people want to buy secondhand voltage overclocked cards with worn fan bearings be my guest but never been my cup of tea and i never overclock my cards so when I sell them they get a better condition card

What is use of buying one of best monitors then downgrading to say a GTX1080 running 4KUW all to save $400 bugger that lol ;)

and to top it off you would get no RTX candy in ACC ! but but eye candy is all anyone around here goes on about ? hehe

these utube experts saying they still turn shadows down anyways LMAO....... gessus play it like it was meant !

Last edited:
Im really looking forward to seeing ACC at night or in rain with these new, ray-t shadows and reflections. BF5, Tomb Raider and Metro looked rather amazing. Shame we didn't see video footage yet of ACC.

So reflections from the interior windscreen and other cars lights behind in the dark, to mirrors, shadows on track, sun glare and more should all be very pleasing eye candy.

Id imagine the new 1440p based 49" Super Ultrawide (due later this year with good HDR) will look rather sweet with even the 2070 but oh man, speaking from personal position, its going to be sooooo hard to decide what to buy regards gpu, monitor or DD wheel.

Big +1

Real-time dynamic reflections on everything, timber, leather, metals, glass

In this regard will make all other sims like Ford model A p

RTX will be no different to 144Gsync or VR or DD wheel all the same, all expensive but once most try them out properly the alternatives to each will pale

P.S. what looked really bad in BF5 was a ton of rubble from buildings disappears into black hole with small pieces of wood dancing around like rF2 guide posts lol

Yep, amazing new technology.
And ACC was on stage at RTX 20xx official launch event :thumbsup:
I was just on market to buy a second hand graphic cards. I think now I will wait a couple of months before to make a decision (awaiting prices going down).

Yep, amazing new technology.
And ACC was on stage at RTX 20xx official launch event :thumbsup:
I was just on market to buy a second hand graphic cards. I think now I will wait a couple of months before to make a decision (awaiting prices going down).

yeah.... I mean go and have a look the jobs each sim does on say Silverstone pit glass drive around pits catching from different angles, some of them are plain ugly rF2 being one

How about the difference in a few day scenes with RTX off suddenly the game looked almost cardboard and lifeless where RTX made the atmosphere in BF5 breathe life

I look at any new card or piece of hardware like this... 1,199 AU, so I factor for 2 years and resale @50%
So I know card ends up costing me $5.80 a week from day 1 of release
That is 1 large coffee a week where I live

If you don't do enough gaming hours to warrant 1 dollar a day then you get a 2070 for 50c a day but why downgrade to no RTX when you don't know what developer may join the party down the track

I mean from what I can tell this saves engineers and artists heaps of man hours
which says to me why wouldn't more use it ?

That ACC shot looked really weird because I don't think you could see such bright reflections of headlights on tarmac in a middle of a sunny day. Apart from that it looks great.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back