Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti leak reveals a very powerful graphics card

That ACC shot looked really weird because I don't think you could see such bright reflections of headlights on tarmac in a middle of a sunny day. Apart from that it looks great.

We can hope to see more from the show floor, however maybe this is not quite ready yet for ACC even with the Sept 12th release and these cards due around 20th we may not get it right away.

So as it has now been unveiled, it would be good to get confirmation from the devs on when it will be implemented.

ACC is going to make i-racing look very very dated and I know some dont care so much for the visuals but I think it does matter a lot regards the immersion to many others.

This is promotional videos and screen shots!
Not going to happen in VR for the next 5 generations of nether GPU's nor Headsets!
For me graphics immersion in VR are fluid gameplay.
Sure with a GTX 970 I am gpu limited but even a 1080 ti struggle reaching 90 fps in the rain with the same mid to low settings I am using.
Will the RTX 20XX solve that and add ray tracing on top? I doubt that very much.
Nice with new tech but let us first see what it does for current titles.
We will now see people spending $1200 on a RTX 2080 ti and then complain about $8 for a DLC that make use of the card.;)

Here's some interesting tid bits about the new tech.

And it seems that RTX patches will come to a future title we're all interested in. Thoughts? I think personally we need to wait and asses what the new products bring, but if one of their main strengths is shadows and lighting, in a game where that will be implemented heavily with 24hr cycle and dynamic weather... new RTX would be a necessary upgrade for full effects?....

Screen-Shot-2018-08-20-at-10.55.02-AM-2.png

and the article:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...cing-focused-rtx-2080-2080-ti-graphics-cards/

opinions?

I do not know but would think that adding those functions to existent games would be a big undertaking?
Must admit I had hoped for lower prices.
Skipped last generation and do want to upgrade but might just see what the gtx 1080ti will cost in a few months.

People bought TITAN XPS for gaming for $1199
So Whats the difference? :rolleyes:

I got no time to listen to unimportant utube that say nothing

Lets see benches in ACC and visual immersion impact it brings to the table first
Kunos did not release shots with RTX did they ? and people still going nuts over the visuals

This is what sims need more then shooters ........real glass , reflected lighting and shadows

Have a look at F1 2018 is just totally devoid of any shades or contrast in places like stadiums

Your analogy with the TITAN XPS (...really?) is the silliest one I've read all week. :speechless: *facepalm*

Like many others, you're so clearly uninformed and short sighted, drunk in your ansiety for these new RTX GPUs, that you're unable to understand the bigger picture.

The whole Nvidia RTXs controversy you see around, from enthusiasts to regular gamers and even miners, is generated by the perception that, right now, there are many gullible and anxious dudes with money to burn in their pockets (...you clearly seem one of them?) who will fall for this market trick by Nvidia with their new RTX 20 series, because "they have to have it". And who, if so, indirectly in their haste, will send a big "thumbs up" to Nvidia and every other hardware brand, making proof that this awfull practice (close to price gouging) can be done and repeated, on and on.

If the RTX 20 series pre-orders and sales at launch (at these stupid prices) become high enough in numbers (if so, a sucess for Nvidia's stunt), the board partners and vendors will follow suit, which will then set a bad standard for the following launches of other versions, as well as the other (yet to be released) models in the series.
Just because Nvidia are in a position that they can do these market stunts, doesn't mean that they should. That's the main issue, and what they should be aware of.

When getting close to click that "purchase" button, think that you're about to vote with your wallet. Not just for you, but for many other PCgamers. :)

I got no time to listen to unimportant utube that say nothing
ROFL :laugh:
Here, take another "unimportant utube that say nothing"...

Next time when looking at benchmarks, reviews and comparos of hardware at your favorite and highest rated specialized websites, yell to the screen "you unimportant utube!!" as it could be one in there. :roflmao: LEL

Last edited:
Your analogy with the TITAN XPS (...really?) is the silliest one I've read all week. :speechless: *facepalm*

Like many others, you're so clearly uninformed and short sighted, drunk in your ansiety for these new RTX GPUs (to the point of being gullible?) that you're unable to understand the bigger picture.

The whole Nvidia RTXs controversy you see around, from enthusiasts to regular gamers and even miners, is generated by the perception that, right now, there are many gullible and anxious dudes with money to burn in their pockets (...you clearly seem one of them?) who will fall for this market trick by Nvidia with their new RTX 20 series, because "they have to have it". And who, if so, indirectly in their haste, will send a big "thumbs up" to Nvidia and every other hardware brand, making proof that this awfull practice (close to price gouging) can be done and repeated, on and on.

If the RTX 20 series pre-orders and sales at launch (at these stupid prices) become high enough in numbers (if so, a sucess for Nvidia's stunt), the board partners and vendors will follow suit, which will then set a bad standard for the following launches of other versions, as well as the other (yet to be released) models in the series.
Just because Nvidia are in a position that they can do these market stunts, doesn't mean that they should. That's the main issue, and what they should be aware of.

When getting close to click that "purchase" button, think that you're about to vote with your wallet. Not just for you, but for many other PCgamers. :)

I think you're being unfair demonising Nvidia from being any different from other major company that launches hardware with a early adopter high price tag. Every major manufacturer does this. They're in business to make money not be your friend. No ones twisting consumers arms to buy something they don't need.

And no I'm not buying a 2080 or 2080 Ti, I already have a 1080 Ti which is admirably sufficient. I'm not opposed to paying a premium for something exceptional but over a grand for a GPU doesn't sit well with me frankly.

I think you're being unfair demonising Nvidia from being any different from other major company that launches hardware with a early adopter high price tag. Every major manufacturer does this. They're in business to make money not be your friend. No ones twisting consumers arms to buy something they don't need.

And no I'm not buying a 2080 or 2080 Ti, I already have a 1080 Ti which is admirably sufficient. I'm not opposed to paying a premium for something exceptional but over a grand for a GPU doesn't sit well with me frankly.
Nvidia is not every major manufacturer.
They're THE major manufacturer in the GPU market right now
They set the standards. And dictate every market segment.
The board partners follow their example, as do the vendors.

Over two years later after Pascal, people have been waiting with baited breath, hoping they don't frak it up.

It's not demonising, it's criticizing within good reasons.
If after the whole mining curfuffle, where we did saw price gouging for nearly a year, we have Nvidia setting the precedent to previously unseen bad levels of pricing with this new gen of GPUs, even before launch, then I don't think anyone can disagree that this is very, very bad for the GPU market (directly), and PC gaming (indirectly).

I do not know but would think that adding those functions to existent games would be a big undertaking?

Yes for existing games would not be worth the effort one would think besides PC is only a small piece till they have it in consoles ?
BF5 engineer explained time saved compared to traditional way they worked

How about this
nvidia-dgx2.jpg

Apparently way cheaper then super computer does the same so more developers should be able to afford hopefully

As to how fast they are in current sims is any ones guess, hope the decent bench sites use ACC and performance in new titles will be flick of RTX switch to compare
For sure I be interested in series 10 -20 in current games just to get a idea

You would think it would make RTX easier to implement being able to concentrate on cars and tracks as they released. As their techniques improved they could incorporate changes into earlier content I would think fairly easily , faster then reworking all static textures.anyway

Guys a gentle reminder to keep it civil at all times, let’s have a discussion without saying someone is this or that please. I don’t want this getting personal.

Thanks

So been investigating

Not certain but it appears Simtag may be using the Acer Predator Z1 32" monitor on the rigs at Gamescom. This is what they promote on their own website.

We can see from the video of the show that over 100fps is being achieved.
Here

If we presume this on stock 2080Ti (not overclocked) we could assume all the graphical settings are being used to make the game appear at its best. This makes sense up the settings and turn down the res, right?

So does this mean the game is likely running at 1080p on each of these 4K displays?
This effectively being with the 3 monitors 25% below a full 4K resolution. This is what I would like to know. Their is no way those 3x 4K displays (if they are the 4K models) are running in native for what is then 12K being used here and 100fps being achieved.

What does seem possible is that a 2080TI, when it is being pushed in stable but good overclock with improvements made for drivers and the optimisation of the software, is that 4K and above 100fps should very well be achieved with this title and other titles.

Nviida have been showing off thier BIG gaming displays that offer 120Hz 4K. So it makes sense to me, that is the performance target for the 2080TI in leading software titles that they partner with and showcase. They also showed a slide that mentioned the card supports upto 8K 60Hz so it makes sense 4K 120Hz is within reach.

What we have yet to learn is how costly in framerates RTX will be on the GPU and if this will vary in different titles. What will an owner of a 2080TI and high end 4K display prefer to have? Ensured framerates closer to 100fps or above with RTX off or have all the eye candy RTX but then have dips below 100fps?

If anything I see more and more a push for 21:9 or 32:9 displays below the 4K resolution being the choice of screens to maintain framerates above the 100Hz/fps but also have all the RTX eye-candy.

Last edited:
2080ti 4352 cuda cores @ 1600mhz
1080ti 3584 cuda cores @ 1582mhz

~21% Faster

2080ti 616Gb/s
1080ti 484Gb/s

~27% Faster

2080ti 13.448 Tflops
1080ti 11.34 Tflops

~18% Faster

If those ~ 22% improvement are the line between playing 4k @ 50fps or 60fps, or Keeping your VR from dipping bellow 90fps, and you are willing to pay 100% more to cross that line, then do it. Otherwise wait for 2019 and 7nm.

The only reason nvidia thought prudent to release the 2080ti at launch, its explained in this graph:
980ti to 1080ti = 100% increase in performance
1080ti to 2080ti = 18% increase in performance

3p6pqA7.png

Raytracing is just not enough reason to buy this card, since adoption will be zero this year and at appalling performance, considering 2019 will have the real next gen cards.

my 2 cents.

We do not know 20% will be the advantage gained. Presumption and speculation.
We are told these are incredible overclockers with better thermals so likely less throttling.

Nvidia will be ensuring all the main hardware testers get cards for proper benches and these available in good time.

Many like myself are 1070 owners, yet we may want an upgrade. At launch the 1080 was in the UK approx £200 more but it was not worth the extra if you owned a 60Hz display with 1080p res. In general it gave an extra 10+fps but this is gained by reducing some eye candy on the 1070 anyways.

I expect we will see more 1060 /1070 owners moving for a 2070 to get the RTX eye candy and improved performance. Well moreso this user than we see 1080 or 1080Ti owners moving towards the top end 2080Ti. Really it WILL come down to benchmarks what the cards achieve as to how tempted people are to upgrade. If they are not big enough, then its possible 1080 owners (not Ti) will be tempted to also get the RTX features but just a small upgrade to something around the 1080Ti performance if this is what 2070 achieves.

As for prices like the mobile phone market now with $1000+ top end models people will not continue to buy these year on year. The Galaxy S9 sales is an example espically with 2year contract usually purchased to buy the phones. The referesh cycle of a year we may see expanding as we have seen with 20 series.

indeed companies are also getting greedy, very greedy...

So as it has now been unveiled, it would be good to get confirmation from the devs on when it will be implemented.
On the Kunos forum lord Kunos did say that they were invited to try out the tech but there's no definitive plan to actually implement it in the game. It sounds like something that may come as a patch after the game is officially released. I wouldn't count on it ever being in the sim, and if it is it's a bonus.

If after the whole mining curfuffle, where we did saw price gouging for nearly a year, we have Nvidia setting the precedent to previously unseen bad levels of pricing with this new gen of GPUs, even before launch, then I don't think anyone can disagree that this is very, very bad for the GPU market (directly), and PC gaming (indirectly).
It wasn't really Nvidias fault there was price gouging during the mining craze. That was the market demanding higher prices due to low supply. That's just how the free markets work.

New tech has a high price, it always does. Inflation means that price will likely always be higher than the last piece of new tech.

On the Kunos forum lord Kunos did say that they were invited to try out the tech but there's no definitive plan to actually implement it in the game. It sounds like something that may come as a patch after the game is officially released. I wouldn't count on it ever being in the sim, and if it is it's a bonus.

Come on man, thats just a strategic comment, they will not want to make people believe they need RTX to enjoy the game more. Also as stated before they support both AMD and Nvidia equally.

My thoughts on this are that It will be in the game as its already not just announced as an upcoming supporting title but was also a title used to cater to a large portion of gamers (sim racers). Also as a title that is due to release soon.

When its implemented we do not know but are you telling me Nvidia have not potentially offered incentives and already got a signed agreement, especially as an announced "selected developer" to not only ensure it is in the title but that it comes sooner than later to help bolster sales of the RTX products release?

We do not know 20% will be the advantage gained. Presumption and speculation.
We are told these are incredible overclockers with better thermals so likely less throttling.

Nvidia will be ensuring all the main hardware testers get cards for proper benches and these available in good time.

I expect we will see more 1060 /1070 owners moving for a 2070 to get the RTX eye candy and improved performance.

Yes its speculation. There are no benchmarks. But specs are released and are mathematical. The 2080ti is from 20 to 27% faster if it scales linearly and if the cuda cores are the same version.

The jump is too small. Usually the new 104 chip is always faster than the previous gen 102 chips (1080 > 980ti). This time it isn't, and they are forced to release the 102 chip as well.

Its not incompetence from nvidia. They chose to pack half the GPU with AI and RT instead of cuda cores. Its a gamble.

the 2080ti is barely keeping 50fps with RT on, the 2070 will be even worse. No user will adopt the tech to play @ 30fps, not on PC. I dont think.

Come on man, thats just a strategic comment, they will not want to make people believe they need RTX to enjoy the game more. Also as stated before they support both AMD and Nvidia equally.

My thoughts on this are that It will be in the game as its already not just announced as an upcoming supporting title but was also a title used to cater to a large portion of gamers (sim racers). Also as a title that is due to release soon.

When its implemented we do not know but are you telling me Nvidia have not already got a signed agreement, especially as an announced "selected develepor" to not only ensure it is in the title but that it comes sooner than later to help bolster sales of the RTX products release?
Very much doubt that Kunos signed any agreement to support RTX, why would they? They don't need that hassle. ACC was probably just in the ideal stage of their development to turn this feature on for some promotional pictures. ACC is an ideal candidate in that it is a niche title that many gamers won't follow and won't know if it's never implemented.

Kunos don't need ray tracing, it's not really going to sell any more copies for them. I don't think we'll see ray tracing any time soon in ACC, I could be wrong but I won't hold my breath.

Very much doubt that Kunos signed any agreement to support RTX, why would they? They don't need that hassle. ACC was probably just in the ideal stage of their development to turn this feature on for some promotional pictures. ACC is an ideal candidate in that it is a niche title that many gamers won't follow and won't know if it's never implemented.

Kunos don't need ray tracing, it's not really going to sell any more copies for them. I don't think we'll see ray tracing any time soon in ACC, I could be wrong but I won't hold my breath.

So you think its likely that such situations are done and companies do not commit to legal agreements? Marko is even in the Nvidia video but your saying its possible that RTX will not appear in the game. I care to disagree friend.

Kunos just got their title showcased to millions of people as an RTX title.
I don't think you, get being a "selected developer" and then can walk away not committing or bothering to keep your end of the bargain so to speak. At this point I would expect they are legally bound to implement RTX into the title even if no immediate time deadline has been given.

So you think its likely that such situations are done and companies do not commit to legal agreements? Marko is even in the Nvidia video but your saying its possible that RTX will not appear in the game. I care to disagree friend.

I'm with @Mr Latte on this one, ACC was in the promotional video which would suggest it will be in the game. You never know, 2+2 could equal 5 ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%