No FFB

I've just tried the demo for this game and noticed no FFB. You get a little rumble when off road but on road nothing. I have Logitech G25 wheel.

Anyone else having same problem?

Thanks. :)

Yes, I said the same thing on a other thread. No FFB only when you hit something. The wheel has no wheight to it. I understand that this is not your sim racer, but this has no FFB....Your driving a truck. :rolleyes: In the set up they seem to have good wheel support, but thats why I'm not getting it until they introduce some FFB. Its the only thing stopping me.

It's the nicest truck sim up to now (the others I didn't get pass the demo's...) but the lack of FF is a showstopper for me too. It feels so odd driving a heavy truck with no feedback at all!

Another dealbreaker is the bad FSAA btw: when I first played the demo I even thought the resolution was very low by default and I was surprised to find out all settings were maxed out...!

My kid installed the demo and on his DFGT FFB, works fine. Maybe is best to reset controls and choose it again.

I was thinking they didn't ad FFB(weight) to the wheels because it's an RPG game and it just not worth it. But if your son has weight to his DFGT, maybe it something they need to fix with a patch. Because my G27 has nothing. But I will try reseting controls.

20 years since I've driven a truck but as I remember the steering was very light and there was very little feedback apart from bouncing around on the air seat. The best option would be to set up a profile in Logitech Profiler and add a touch of spring centering. People seem to think the steering should be heavy but that is really not the case on modern trucks, it's quite likely to be lighter than on most cars.

Believe me, a truck steering wheel gives you plenty of kick back when you drop one of those 22 inch large side walled tyres into the edge of the tarmac and grass, nearly pulls you off the road, bloody scary I can tell ya, so much so you really take it easy if you see the road narrow and there is a chance you need to drop a wheel into the edge !!

FWIW my truck feels around 70% centre spring rate on my G27 compared to my real life Scania, hard to compare apples for apples but just from muscle memory.

Centre spring is a nice workaround for now, but not a solution. Someone said they had FFB on their DFGT so if it isn't apparent on a G25/G27 then it's a bug. If you ramp up FFB strength to 150% in the profiler you can *just* about feel something.

I'm using Dave's settings found here for the moment. Feels good.

If you ramp up FFB strength to 150% in the profiler you can *just* about feel something.

I'm using Dave's settings found here for the moment. Feels good.

Every now and then when starting to lose it at speed with enough lock I feel the faintest of little kick backs as I try to save it. It's like it's in there wanted to get out but can't for whatever reason. Might be related to my settings but I'm not so sure it is. Makes me double take every time it happens.

hi Guys

Anyone know what the wheel rotation on a standard truck is likely to be? (a lot I imagine)
I'd agree. The steering ratio would have to be quite large, otherwise truck drivers would have to be Hulks to be able to turn the wheels. It's much larger than in a road car, let alone a race car.

No clue about degrees, but 900 is probably not enough :)

EDIT: found something on old Mack B series trucks
The Manual steering was somewhere around 9 turns from lock to lock

So... 3240 degrees on that one :D

Pickup trucks seem to have 3-4 turns lock to lock.

There's no reason that it has to be any more than a car. With power steering weight is of no concern whatsoever. If the rotation is too large then the movement of the wheels would be so small per turn that the truck would be impossible to drive at anything over a walking pace.

In ETS2 the in-game wheel pretty much follows your own wheel if you set it to 900 degrees.

I have a G25. I use 50% Spring Effect value in the Profiler but I don't use the Centering Spring at all.

In the game I've set the FFB slider to a very low setting (it's a shame the sliders aren't show values) as this setting affects mainly the canned effects such as rumble on gravel and impact effects in case of an accident. My centereing slider within the game is set about halfway.

I'm pretty happy with these settings, I hope you can use this info as well.

P. S.: I forgot to mention that I use 900 degrees of rotation (obviously), and the Steering Sesitivity slider is almost at the lowest possible setting.

Cheers!

G27.

Profiler feedback at 100%, damper and spring effects at zero, centering at zero too (those zero's are because I am told it's always better to use the ingame settings for effects and centering).

Rotation is at 900.

FF in the game is full right (although I only feel feedback when on gravel).

Rotation is at one third: this way I don't have a centering force when I slightly steer but only a little when I really have to turn the wheel: so steering takes no real effort (I don't have to push against the centering force) but I do get that nice smooth centering when I slightly let go of the wheel after a bigger turn: it's really nice feeling that leather slide through my fingers until the wheel is centered again... The force I need is nice, not too much, and the wheel doesn't jump back at once but slowly and smoothly. Feels almost like it feels in my real life car (which isn't a truck but it feels good anyway). Everytime I see a big or sharp turn coming I am looking forward to letting that wheel slide through my fingers, hahaha!

I love my brand new G27. ;)

G27.

Profiler feedback at 100%, damper and spring effects at zero, centering at zero too (those zero's are because I am told it's always better to use the ingame settings for effects and centering).

Rotation is at 900.

FF in the game is full right (although I only feel feedback when on gravel).

Rotation is at one third: this way I don't have a centering force when I slightly steer but only a little when I really have to turn the wheel: so steering takes no real effort (I don't have to push against the centering force) but I do get that nice smooth centering when I slightly let go of the wheel after a bigger turn: it's really nice feeling that leather slide through my fingers until the wheel is centered again... The force I need is nice, not too much, and the wheel doesn't jump back at once but slowly and smoothly. Feels almost like it feels in my real life car (which isn't a truck but it feels good anyway). Everytime I see a big or sharp turn coming I am looking forward to letting that wheel slide through my fingers, hahaha!

I love my brand new G27. ;)

It's weird that you you are feeling centering force, because I feel nothing, only vibrations when on gravel. When coming out of a corner I need to bring back the wheel to center. My wheel is as light as a feather at all times. It's not my wheel because it works great on my sim racing games. Yes, I love my G27 also, great wheel for the price. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.