No FFB with T300

I just read a topic in french somewhere concerning this new driver, which I don't need yet.
I already suspected something else needed to be done as it might not be possible to make most wheels impossible to use in the future ....
but I just read that for older Thrustmaster wheels as T300RS for example, a new firmware had to be installed. ( or maybe the contrary if you have 33 and 32 should be needed for T300RS )
It finally seems logical ...
We mostly think "driver" but seldom "firmware".

So..... to be confirmed. ;)

Last edited:
Hi all!! I also am having this issue with lack of FFB with the newest Thrustmaster T300 drivers. It's in GRT2 and GTL. I updated it because WRC10 required it or else I would not have. There's got to be a solution that's easier than rolling back drivers just to play some GTR2 or GTL.

I'll patiently wait a response.

Thanks, Defender
Thanks for the warning. Was about to upgrade from WRC8 (no or very few FFB issues, I think it's just the game) to WRC10 (invest), but now you info leaves me reluctant.
Remember writing to Thustmaster about the firmware issue vs. older sims, but still yet missing a response from there...

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT.. With the help of some fantastic people on here and on facebook (combined).

Feel free to update Thrustmaster's latest drivers and also their latest firmware. When you load up an older title and FFB does not feel like it's working correctly here are things you can do to get the FFB back. First off, I have several older titles.. (GP4, NR2003, RBR, and Race07) that all work no problems with the newest of the Thrustmaster drivers/firmware.

The titles that have problems are rFactor1, GTR2 and GT Legends. With rFactor1, go into the game and set up a button in the controls section for "Reset FFB".. I personally used the R button. For GTR2 and GTL, it is hard set to ALT-F. So, in these 3 sims, when you leave the pits and enter onto the track, if your FFB feels light, just hit the appropriate "Reset FFB" option and BAM!! It should be fixed.

I have been working on figuring this out now for about 4 days )ever since I booted up GTL to try and run some laps) and let me tell you, I thought I had tried everything.. Now I know I have. Let me know if there are any other issues such as this and I'll try to help.

Peace, Defender

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT.. With the help of some fantastic people on here and on facebook (combined).

Feel free to update Thrustmaster's latest drivers and also their latest firmware. When you load up an older title and FFB does not feel like it's working correctly here are things you can do to get the FFB back. First off, I have several older titles.. (GP4, NR2003, RBR, and Race07) that all work no problems with the newest of the Thrustmaster drivers/firmware.

The titles that have problems are rFactor1, GTR2 and GT Legends. With rFactor1, go into the game and set up a button in the controls section for "Reset FFB".. I personally used the R button. For GTR2 and GTL, it is hard set to ALT-F. So, in these 3 sims, when you leave the pits and enter onto the track, if your FFB feels light, just hit the appropriate "Reset FFB" option and BAM!! It should be fixed.

I have been working on figuring this out now for about 4 days )ever since I booted up GTL to try and run some laps) and let me tell you, I thought I had tried everything.. Now I know I have. Let me know if there are any other issues such as this and I'll try to help.

Peace, Defender
are you running Steam or CD version of the game?

I dont experiance ffb loss at all with gtr2
In the past i had this issue but that was on a older machine (2006-2008 era) after that i never had that issue again not only with older wheels but also with "newer" wheels.

Go look in your hdc file of the car and look for the command line ,i dont on top of my head how its calles but the explaination is suppension ticks per something.. it increases the feeling of the suppension/tyres, simbim/gtr2 have in there explaination that the higher the nummer the more accurate the ffb is otherway its a waste of cpu time.

Normaly its around 2 or 3.. i have on some mods bumped up to 6

I dont going to say this is the fix but for me it worked.

The only thing i have with the new logitech firmware/software before i jump in the car (clicking on the big red round button) i have to do it from the settings menu for controllers otherwise gtr2 dont see my 400 degrees lock.

Last edited:
For GTR2 and GTL, it is hard set to ALT-F.
Nice, done a quick test in GTR2 and it appears to be working. For the record: it's Left Alt+F and also make sure you don't have anything bound to 'F' by itself, as this would override the combination.
I'm running FW 33.00.
I think that it still respects the FFB settings. When reading it I was afraid that it would also reset these to default. It appears that the settings are kept and active. Will test more.

Peace, Defender
Oh lord, thanks for your post! Updated my Thrustmaster Firmware and Drivers for WRC 10 and had now FFB issuses with GT Legends. Sometimes i could restarted my FFB by switching wheels in the options but your hint by pressing "ALT+F" worked easy.
Sometimes i have to push "ALT+F" twice but it always worked for me! Thanks a lot!
Greetings

Last edited:

Peace, Defender
Defender, I had to dust off my RD login for the first time in probably YEARS to thank you for this! I run a T300 base and some while back lost my FFB in these older ISI based sims and was mystified! Despite many years of sim racing experience, I had no idea "Reset FFB" was a thing, but it worked like a charm.

You have no idea how many dead end threads I scrolled though ("is your wheel plugged in?", etc) before finding your answer - thank you!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back