No FFB with T300

In the past I always applied updates .... and after some problems in the past, when I have a perfectly working driver ... I never change. :D ( true for all drivers in PC )
So, if your problem is the same for other simracing platforms .... a return to previous driver is maybe something to consider.

Now something else very strange, for GTR2 only with a T300RS, Fanatec V3 pedals and Thrustmaster TH8 apart .... sometimes ... no FFB at all and moreover impossible to assign left-right etc ....
I noticed one day ( in my own case: T300RS + pedals of another make ) just modifying in the driver the pedals combined or not according to what they actually were .... allowed everything to be reassigned in GTR2 and get FFB back ....
Very strange as .... I don't use any Thrustmaster pedals ! :roflmao: ... but worth a try !

Last edited:
In the past I always applied updates .... and after some problems in the past, when I have a perfectly working driver ... I never change. :D ( true for all drivers in PC )
So, if your problem is the same for other simracing platforms .... a return to previous driver is maybe something to consider.

Now something else very strange, for GTR2 only with a T300RS, Fanatec V3 pedals and Thrustmaster TH8 apart .... sometimes ... no FFB at all and moreover impossible to assign left-right etc ....
I noticed one day ( in my own case: T300RS + pedals of another make ) just modifying in the driver the pedals combined or not according to what they actually were .... allowed everything to be reassigned in GTR2 and get FFB back ....
Very strange as .... I don't use any Thrustmaster pedals ! :roflmao: ... but worth a try !
Yeah i only updated my drivers because i wanted to play the WRC 10 demo. I tried reverting to older drivers but it didn't work. I also tried reassinging everything but that didn't work either.

Does it work perfectly with other sims ?

If so, didn't you change USB for this wheel ? still using the same USB ?

Did you try unplugging all USB ( except mouse and keyboard ) and plug first your wheel ( and pedals of course if they are original Thrustmaster ones and plugged to the wheel ) ? .... and if pedals are not the original ones, first plug the wheel alone and check in GTR2 if your problems can be solved.

If that works plug pedals only afterwards

NB oh yes something else ... did you click on "Wheel" in the options when checking FFB options ?
I remember it solved a similar problem in the past .... that seems so logicial not to click it if GTR should be able to know T300RS is a wheel ! ... but sometimes it seems to be lost ! :laugh:

Does it work perfectly with other sims ?

If so, didn't you change USB for this wheel ? still using the same USB ?

Did you try unplugging all USB ( except mouse and keyboard ) and plug first your wheel ( and pedals of course if they are original Thrustmaster ones and plugged to the wheel ) ? .... and if pedals are not the original ones, first plug the wheel alone and check in GTR2 if your problems can be solved.

If that works plug pedals only afterwards

NB oh yes something else ... did you click on "Wheel" in the options when checking FFB options ?
I remember it solved a similar problem in the past .... that seems so logicial not to click it if GTR should be able to know T300RS is a wheel ! ... but sometimes it seems to be lost ! :laugh:
Yes it works perfectly fine in other sims no problems at all. I went through all the settings and made sure it's enabled.

Oh no, not exactly the thread I wanted to read :(

My history:
My T300RS hasn't worked speaking FFB steering force in GTR2 right from the gun on first try January 13th 2021. So not due to a later software update.
Acquired my T300RS and T8HA that time after my G27 one electromotor broke down, due to switching directly from AMS2 to GTR2 PnG forgetting to turn down the FFB strength in the Thrustmaster Control Panel, resulting in direct drive-like brutal steering forces in PnG which my G27 electromotor could not hold.

I.e. with my G27 the FFB wheel forces were absolutely amazing in GTR2 and some setting in GTR2 PnG which I never investigated ment twice the strength in the PnG mod.

Now, mid January taking my first drive with my T300RS wheel, I had all the FFB-effects which felt quite good - exept for the most important: the wheel strength was with ZERO strength in GTR2.

So since mid january I've used keyboard driving for my different GTR2 variations, but yesterday I wanted to look a bit more into the problem an googled different T300 setups for GTR2, but nomatter which setup I used the steering strength in GTR2 was ZERO :(

This error only applies for GTR2 (edit: ok maybe also a bit for old rFactor, driving keyboard since january as well, since the FFB felt wrong replacing G27 with my new T300RS). I race AC, rF2, AMS2, ACC, WRC8, PC2 as well with no problems with FFB wheel strength in those sims, with most prominent steering forces in AC and PC2.

Really hope someone finds a tweak since GTR2 is still my favourite.

Edit: and yes, I've tried a full re-install, now in fact new install at a fresh system with new MB and CPU, but the FFB wheel strength problem in GTR2 still remains.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the advice, but how exactly do I roll back to firmware ver. 32?

Tried un-installing software and installing old version, and now even googled for the V32 version and un-installed all T300 software and removed anything Thrustmaster-related in Windows registry (10 Pro) and rebooting before installing old software version. But going into Thrustmaster Control Panel -> T300RS wheel select -> Test input it still shows Firmware: 33.00 :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
You must have the version of software 2021_ttrs_1.exe. Don't uninstall the old installation by hand, the software does that for you. After uninstall is ready, you must go in the folder of Thrustmaster install and run Firmware programm twice.
After them all is good.

YIPIIE YEEYYAAH!!
"Thanks" is so a little word here. Wheel torque alive in older sims for the first time with my T300RS (GT but with G27 Pedals) + T8HA after 6 months abandonment.

In fact just one run (and not two runs) of downgrade via Thrustmaster Firmware was necessary. However, I'm quite convinced I was running v32.00 from the gun in January, so must've been another bug, too.

Works both in GTR2 and rFactor and the same generation SimBin series (GT Legends, WTCC, Race07, WTCC10, STCC, STCC II, Race On, Race Injection), Stock Car Extreme, Copa Petrobras de Marcas as well as newer sims AC, rF2, AMS2, iRacing, ACC, PC2 was not affected in a negative way by the downgrade. Good!

Generally I like racing with FFB torque strength settings maxed out. However I still have to be careful speaking PnG (and also PC2 a bit).
My PnGv3.2 game is an old installation on an old drive. As mentioned, it crashed my G27 wheel electric motor with torque strength felt rather exceeding 30Nm than the promised 2.3Nm
My T300RS theoretical max of 5Nm applies fine for both old and newer sims, but raced in my old PnG the torque is hillarious. Just played PnGv3.2 at the new optimized Targa Florio 2.0, just after ½ a round I was exhausted like playing the 4-6hr endurance rFactor/GTR2 events as single pilot in the old days.

But again: THANKS :):)

Last edited:
Once again I'm happy with an old decision of mine:

Never accept automatic update or make update just for the fact of an update .... except if necessary because the software or firmware doesn't work any longer or has problems.

Since the day I discovered that some (or even regular updates ) of those updates are crap or buggy or done for more recent material than the one included in those updates ..... I avoided many regular problems.

But happy for you that the return to the past in place of the future worked in your case. ;)
Maybe a good decision to take for the future now ? :D

You bet ;)
Just have to add, that it seems like downgrading firmware resulted in phenomenal FFB response in Stock Car Extreme, surpassing all the good new things in newer Reiza production AMS2's latest v.1.2.1.2, which been so much gossip about lately, and by which I'm also absolutely positive about.
Racing a "Porsche vs. Ferrari GSCEx v1.02" mod at historic Interlagos in Stock Car Extreme, not only revived the game for me, the FFB response is top class to the best.
Not that I'm gonna cheat on GTR2, but this firmware downgrade made SCE on level, speaking my preferred "old sims". Wow.
Thanks again and each and every auto-update on any software on any of my devices, from PC's, laptops, tablets and phones are now disabled :D

Last edited:
I got FW 33.00 and the FFB is almost nonexistent, but it's there. Only way to feel it is during braking - there's slight rumble. Of course it's not playable so hope that there's other solution than just downgrading, maybe Thrustmaster will acknowledge this in next FW.

Is it only with GTR2 or in other sims too ?
If only with GTR2 I guess that one FFB setting is strange with T300.

The higher the percent and the less force you have... and of course the contrary too.
I'll have to see the english name for this setting... as it's a bit too late for me now.

Other sims work fine, I updated the FW to 33.00 lately for Raceroom's new FFB.
It may be something trivial eg. the drivers now interpret strength 1.0000 not as 100% but 1%, I hope, that's easily fixable.
T OP and comments suggest that the FFB is extremely weak and not just gone completely - it's same for me.
If you got any tip then would be grateful. I may try experimenting too later this week.

That might only be a problem of this setting ( in game as I'm not sure of which value it is in the .plr file )
FFB Steering Force ( and not the 1st setting on top of the FFB force page )

This setting goes from 33% up to 133% .... One could imagine that a bigger percent might result in a stronger force ... but
that's in fact with the T300RS ( in my case anyway ) the contrary.
For more force you need to give this % a lesser value .... I don't know why but that's working that way for me with T300 even already with previous firmware.

NB:
Maybe limit the rotation in the T300 settings page for GTR2 ( 540° for example ) ... and I know T300RS is not well done at this point of view, no possibility of creating different profiles.... and it's rather boring to modify the rotation each time you wish to run GTR2 ( before and after ).
I doubt that most cars in GTR2 should be done for a 1080 or 900° rotation .... and that might also be a reason for a lower force with bigger rotation %

I managed to fix it last time i had this issue by uninstalling the drivers through control panel then installing the drivers again. Unfortunately this doesn't work this time. I've used 5 different drivers at this point and none of them gets the FFB to work in GTR2.

Last edited:
I managed to fix it last time i had this issue by uninstalling the drivers through control panel then installing the drivers again. Unfortunately this doesn't work this time. I've used 5 different drivers at this point and none of them gets the FFB to work in GTR2.
I was through same grief before JB57 wrote his post in this thread June 28th this year.
I.e. 1) download+install 2021_ttrs_1.exe 2) Use TM's own 'Firmware upgrade' software to downgrade firmware to v. 32.00.
Still works for me.

Last edited:
Hi all!! I also am having this issue with lack of FFB with the newest Thrustmaster T300 drivers. It's in GRT2 and GTL. I updated it because WRC10 required it or else I would not have. There's got to be a solution that's easier than rolling back drivers just to play some GTR2 or GTL.

I'll patiently wait a response.

Thanks, Defender

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes