NjMotion compact seat mover

Hi all, just thought I’d start a new thread for the NjMotion compact seat mover.
It’s a direct competitor to the likes of Next Level Racing. I’ve got one coming on Thursday so will let you all know my thoughts.

Javi at NJ has designed and built custom brackets to fit my P1 rig, seat height should be identical to its current position, will post photos when installed.

Is it possible to use a 5-point harness with the base? Where would that fifth strap be attached to?
At the beginning of this page of this thread you can see, an image that put OTL_dECEIT70 , the two holes that the base of the seat has in its front part. The fifth point can be screwed to either of these two holes.

Upvote 0
Expecting the arrival of my base today. Yesterday I removed my seat, cleaned the area and tried moving forwards all the stuff that was hidden underneath my bucket seat (amps, power supplies, cables, hub etc.). I'll see if everything works just like before (fingers crossed). If not, I will consider putting all this outside the cockpit.

preparando-motion.jpg

Upvote 0
Expecting the arrival of my base today. Yesterday I removed my seat, cleaned the area and tried moving forwards all the stuff that was hidden underneath my bucket seat (amps, power supplies, cables, hub etc.). I'll see if everything works just like before (fingers crossed). If not, I will consider putting all this outside the cockpit.

preparando-motion.jpg
Which unit did you purchase?

Upvote 0
To the users of this plataform, what settings do you have for the controls on the front of the unit? The first and second ones control speed and acceleration and the third one the degrees of inclination. I find that the level of inclination is something personal. I have turn it down a little becasue, otherwise, the car behaves like if it had a very soft suspension. However, with respect the other 2... if the Compact R is better than the S because it's faster, shouldn't these settings be used to the max for the best results? Or will that affect the lifespam of the the base?

Another question: I have used the plugin updater for Assetto Corsa but it says that a Max/Min file is already installed for AssettoCorsa and prompts me to overwrite it or not. Is it safe to overwrite that file? I have been trying to locate that file in the different AC folders without success. What is it for? My Assetto Corsa is already working with the Compact R without the need to update its plugin, so that is why I am asking.

Upvote 0
Hi Bro got my Compact-R for about a half year too. But I got some probs, it feels like there iss a lil bit too much motion going on. Even when I use the remote of my njMotion Seatmover (there are 3 diometers, one for the short motions, one for long motions, and one for the overall motion) and set the overall motion to some low settings, it feels like I feel to much street/ground effects. For example, when I drive a normal straight road without any holes or rocks on the ground, it feels like there is always a lil bit motion. Is that normal or did I set something wrong? I attached my settings for you maybe you can help, thanks and have a nice Day

PS.

The guys on xsimulator.net told me to capture then refine the Tuning Center values, but I cant find any good video tutorial for doing that. Here is an example of my standard settings that I use for my racingGames...

Unbenannt.png

Upvote 0
Allright, so I got the Njmotion Compact R unit installed on Saturday. Just to make clear, I’m not in any way affiliated with Njomotion, I purchased the unit and I’m just writing my experiences with it as there is not much info on these out yet and I’m thrilled with it!

I ordered the Compact R just when it was released and the production took around a month. Shipping took 10 days or so, which is very good considering half the Europe is halted due to the COVID. The unit arrived in a big box, and while it arrived unscratched, I think a sturdier box or maybe a mini-pallet or something under the unit would make the packaging more solid. Now two of the feet had some through the box, no harm to the unit but not perfect either. The package was heavy, at 38kg I could just about carry it – fortunately the delivery guy carries it up the staircase to my second floor apartment! I think home delivery is a very good choice with a unit this heavy! There was no instruction sheet with the unit, but I as the installation was super easy I didn’t really miss anything – however, I think in future a safety sheet or something would be a good idea.

I have very limited space for the rig, so for motion I had to go with something that basically fits inside my rig. So, I had emailed back and forth with Javi at Njmotion beforehand to make sure I could fit the Compact R into my Simlab GT1 Evo. It’s clear that this kind of rigs have been considered when designing the unit as the measurements are just right for fitting it inside the rig. Njmotion offers attachment pieces, but I think mine were custom made to fit my requirements. The Compact R unit is 21-22cm tall, and if I installed it just like that in the Simlab rig, the seat would be 10cm higher. I did not want that, so Njmotion provided me with riser feet on the rig – they rise it around 5cm to make it easier to handle the wheel and pedal adjustments. During this “planning” process communication was easy and quick, Javi at Njmotion answered all my questions and also gave good suggestions on how to get things done.

ysDQUHz.jpg

The unit looks very cool and of high quality, it’s definitely professional looking. Strong and well painted steel plates, laser cut logos front and rear, the red text is created by putting a red plate behind the laser cut logos. All nuts and bolts are of good quality, same applied for the switches and toggles.

The actual process of installing the unit was quite straightforward and easy – I somehow thought it would be more difficult. Most work was actually dismantling the existing seat setup and then afterwards adjusting the cockpit. I took the seat attachments and the rig back brace off, and the Compact R slid easily into the rig. I took careful care of adjusting the rig feet to that the attachment points would be on the right level immediately and it worked – I didn’t have to adjust the feet of the rig or the unit when installing. The Compact R connect to the rig with four M8 bolts, using the regular t-slot nuts. I didn’t use the back brace of the rig, as it’s not necessary anymore with the unit itself supporting the rig. Initially I thought that the unit would somehow hang from the rig as I’ve seen NLR V3 installed, but in this case both the unit and the rig are touching the floor and they are connected together to avoid any extra movement. The rig must now weigh 100 kilos, so moving it to the right spot was not easy!

U48NAY6.jpg

JphO4sH.jpg

AwqJ9WW.jpg

lfbpcZX.jpg

Getting things up and running was pretty easy. The Compact R connects to the computer with USB and then there is the power lead, so no trouble here. The unit runs with Simtools and Njmotion provides a pre-configured install file so you can get everything up and running pretty quick. I had some issues with Simtools to begin with, but I think I installed a wrong file first.

fcBuRRx.jpg

C7OSxEd.jpg

So, I’ve now done a few laps with motion and all I can say is wow! I got into simracing due to VR and I’m clearly an immersion junkie and this thing complements VR really well. I’ll write a bit about my experiences when I get few more hours of racing done with the Compact R.
Hi friend. Thank you very much for your impressions of the Compact R installation.
I would like to ask you about the spacing between the profiles how exactly you have the dimension. The Compact R went in there beautifully along with the mounting on the L-shaped angles.
I would like to do it the same way in the future, but I don't know what dimension I need to mount it that way.

Another thing, is there anyone here who uses Compact Evo and can share their impressions?

Upvote 0
Hi friend. Thank you very much for your impressions of the Compact R installation.
I would like to ask you about the spacing between the profiles how exactly you have the dimension. The Compact R went in there beautifully along with the mounting on the L-shaped angles.
I would like to do it the same way in the future, but I don't know what dimension I need to mount it that way.

Another thing, is there anyone here who uses Compact Evo and can share their impressions?

Sorry for my late reply!

I got the L-shaped adapters from Javi at Njmotion, he had the made for me. I let him know what rig I had and he organized everything, like always!-)

I've been really happy with the Compact R, it's now worked flawlessly for years. I broke a small printed part a year ago or so, and Javi just sent me a new one for free. His help and service has been outstanding.

Upvote 0
Sorry for my late reply!

I got the L-shaped adapters from Javi at Njmotion, he had the made for me. I let him know what rig I had and he organized everything, like always!-)

I've been really happy with the Compact R, it's now worked flawlessly for years. I broke a small printed part a year ago or so, and Javi just sent me a new one for free. His help and service has been outstanding.
Super to hear all this.
However, could you tell me what spacing you have between the profiles in mm?
It looks like you have it all pressed together, I don't know if a fly will squeeze through and I'm wondering what distance you have between the profiles ?
My distance currently with floating suspension is 440mm and I'm afraid it's not enough to squeeze Compact R in there.

Upvote 0
A couple of questions in case anyone knows:
- How can I close all open and unused COM ports in the NJMotion software so that my SRP pedals configuration program do not deactivate the seat mover?
- Is it possible to set a specific degree as the default inclination so that the motion start counting from there and not from the center itself (leveled top).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I managed to get the Rig tuned under Slip Angle. This is not the typical solution you see in testing. Everyone mounts the suspension on the outside of their cockpits. I came up with an internal mounting system. I have a seat suspended on SA springs, with additions in the pistachio of the air intake, and a Basshake, which is connected by two 40x80x1300mm profiles from Asetec Invicta, with Basshake attached.
That is, I have an external Rig structure that is on wheels and holds the rest of the equipment, the computer base monitor, belt tensioners and everything else.
And inside the SA the seat and pedals.
The spacing between the profiles on which the seat is mounted is 440mm, it is too small to mount the Compat moving seat there. I came to the conclusion that maybe I would replace these two profiles with 20x80x1300mm profiles. This way I will gain 20mm on each side and in total I will get the required distance for Compact R mounts 480mm
Only I don't know if the 20x80x1300mm profiles will be enough to hold it all?
They will be reinforced laterally with profiles from the pedal mounts, and the moving seat itself,
The other thing is that supposedly with 20x80mm profiles are used m6 bolts I do not know how with their strength.
What do you guys think about this?
Can I try such a solution?
Below videos and some photos to make everything easier to understand.

ySlw4iC.jpg

YKvq0zL.jpg

8LtVNZF.jpg

IleUhas.jpg

38NHRE5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling