NjMotion compact seat mover

Hi all, just thought I’d start a new thread for the NjMotion compact seat mover.
It’s a direct competitor to the likes of Next Level Racing. I’ve got one coming on Thursday so will let you all know my thoughts.

Javi at NJ has designed and built custom brackets to fit my P1 rig, seat height should be identical to its current position, will post photos when installed.

No, but I know somebody who does and they love it. It adds all the effects that the SFX-100 lacks, and the two apparently work in tandem extremely well.

If I went back to a seat mover I'd sell my SFX-100.
That my friend would be an easy sell, lot's of lurkers like me with no construction skills would snap it up but I guess that goes against the whole open source DIY idea of the SFX.

Upvote 0
One thing that drew a lot of criticism about the NLMv3 was the very slight 'seat wobble' that was ever-present because of the way the seat was mounted on a universal joint. I never really noticed it during use (others did, I think) but I do all my gaming in the sim rig, so it was definitely felt when motion was turned off and I wasn't driving.
Does the NJM have a similar issue at all?
There is no movement of the seat when it is off, unless you put great force on some engine, but under normal conditions you can sit or play without starting it and there will be no movement or slack.

Upvote 0
There is no movement of the seat when it is off, unless you put great force on some engine, but under normal conditions you can sit or play without starting it and there will be no movement or slack.

Interesting.

I currently have an NLRv3 installed with the SFX100, which for me personally provides a great motion combination with the seat mover filling in where the chassis mover lacks, namely surge under braking and maybe, on occasion, a little sway as well. There's no need to use anything else as the SFX provides all of the other motion cues. Where the seat mover is concerned I also only use a very small range of motion as this provides more than enough subtle feedback, especially in VR. No over-exaggerated movements are required and as a result I have no issue with the distance between me, (in the race seat) and the steering wheel and pedal deck closing up too much, (and too rapidly), when I stamp down on the brake pedal. (Which would continuously compromise the driving position otherwise)

However, as @Mascot mentions, the weakness in this set up is the inherent flex of the NLRv3 under moderate to hard braking along with the concern that, in time, something is going to fail. As a result my braking is compromised in the interests of maintaining a degree of mechanical sympathy, which isn't ideal.

Is the NJ solution therefore robust enough that flex under braking isn't an issue at all or is some movement always to be expected due to the nature of the design?

Upvote 0
Is the NJ solution therefore robust enough that flex under braking isn't an issue at all or is some movement always to be expected due to the nature of the design?

Without a doubt, it is. You would have to step on two brakes with both feet, and even then it would cost you a lot to stop it, and even if you slowed it down 100 times a day, nothing would happen to the mechanics.

Upvote 0
Super! I've also got a Compact R coming in soon, not shipped yet but might be this week.

I wanted to add motion to my rig, but I simply don't have the space for a full motion system at the moment - I need something, um, compact that fits inside my rig. The obvious choice would have been the NLM V3, but they are not really distributed here where I live. I could only buy one through some of the big internet retailers.

Then I found out about NjMotion. I contacted Javi by email and he has been very responsive and helpful in sorting everything out, all the way from making custom pieces to fit the unit to my GT3 EVO rig. Even though NjMotion is not a huge company, I felt better ordering from Javi (with the communication and all) rather than through an online giant for the NLM. I hope all goes well!-)

I'll let you know my impressions as well when the unit arrives.

Upvote 0
Super! I've also got a Compact R coming in soon, not shipped yet but might be this week.

I wanted to add motion to my rig, but I simply don't have the space for a full motion system at the moment - I need something, um, compact that fits inside my rig. The obvious choice would have been the NLM V3, but they are not really distributed here where I live. I could only buy one through some of the big internet retailers.

Then I found out about NjMotion. I contacted Javi by email and he has been very responsive and helpful in sorting everything out, all the way from making custom pieces to fit the unit to my GT3 EVO rig. Even though NjMotion is not a huge company, I felt better ordering from Javi (with the communication and all) rather than through an online giant for the NLM. I hope all goes well!-)

I'll let you know my impressions as well when the unit arrives.
1583430134962.png
Did you mean the GT1 evo from simlab?
If so, do you have a picture of the installation and brakets, ill probably have the same setup, thank you!

Upvote 0
Did you mean the GT1 evo from simlab?
If so, do you have a picture of the installation and brakets, ill probably have the same setup, thank you!

It is the same rig indeed. I don't have the unit yet and can't show you the photos, but the idea is to raise the frame 6-8cm with raiser blocks and then just use L-shaped brackets to connect the Compact to the frame. The reason for raising the frame is that otherwise the seat would be too high - if I remember correctly my talks with Javi, the unit is 22cm tall. This way I only need to raise the pedals and the steering column a bit to have everything level. With a P1 rig this would not be an issue since the rig itself uses taller profiles.

Anyway, NjMotion can provide all the parts required.

Upvote 0
It is the same rig indeed. I don't have the unit yet and can't show you the photos, but the idea is to raise the frame 6-8cm with raiser blocks and then just use L-shaped brackets to connect the Compact to the frame. The reason for raising the frame is that otherwise the seat would be too high - if I remember correctly my talks with Javi, the unit is 22cm tall. This way I only need to raise the pedals and the steering column a bit to have everything level. With a P1 rig this would not be an issue since the rig itself uses taller profiles.

Anyway, NjMotion can provide all the parts required.
Oh ok understood.
Where to did you ship it? Im in Canada.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I have been with him for almost 2 months and the truth is that I have done the best update in my simulator!

The dive increases greatly with a simulator like this.

One of its strengths is the size, since it occupies only one chassis, and adapts to any aluminum cockpit on the market.

The other day doing tests, I decided to disconnect it to see what feelings I had with the shutdown, and I even got dizzy since my body lacked information. This had never happened to me before.

Highly recommended the NjMotion Compact

View attachment 338591View attachment 338592View attachment 338593
These are nice looking pedal faceplates. What are these?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea