NjMotion compact seat mover

Hi all, just thought I’d start a new thread for the NjMotion compact seat mover.
It’s a direct competitor to the likes of Next Level Racing. I’ve got one coming on Thursday so will let you all know my thoughts.

Javi at NJ has designed and built custom brackets to fit my P1 rig, seat height should be identical to its current position, will post photos when installed.

20200311_202410[1336].jpg
20200318_122558[1335].jpg
JPEG_20200327_172956[1329].jpg
20200404_125448[1334].jpg

Upvote 0
So now's not the moment for a full review, but enjoy a few pictures of my Compact-S and how it got integrated in my not-really-narrow rig!

Someone in the posts above mentioned the package he got his seatmover in and the fact that it could have been safer resting on a semi-pallet or something like that. I may be the reason why Javi sent you your Compact in a simple cardboard box, mate...

I received my 'first' Compact-S on a semi-pallet, and apart from the wooden feet of said pallet being dislodged, the whole package seemed in pristine condition. But, when I connected it to the PC nothing happened - no connection available via USB. After many tries and contacts with Javier, we had to conclude the unit was defective or broken. He was gutted and much apologetic since it seemed to be his first problem with a unit... Can't be 100% sure but I think DHL may have slammed it on the ground explaining those pallet feet whose nails I had to drive back in...

Long story short: Javier sent me another one even before getting the first one back. I got the second one maybe five days after the first one.
1- the Compact-S feels brilliant and adds much to the immersion factor and my rig giving you what your DD wheel can't. It's subtle and doesn't get in the way of performance either (what I was a little worried about!) ;
2- the after-sales customer service is top-notch (many thanks to Javi!) ;
3- don't hesitate any longer if you're interested in seatmovers in general and in NJmotion ones in particular ;
4- DHL suck ^^

Full video review (in french) coming ASAP to YT!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last month I received my new SV-2 simulator from NJ Motion and after spending a few enjoyable weeks getting it 'just right' I thought I would share some of my thoughts about the simulator but perhaps more importantly about the brilliant after sales service I have received from Javi.
I don't consider myself a serious simmer, more of a casual player so there won't be a lot of technical info here. I previously owned a next level racing v3 motion platform so I can make some comparison between the two platforms.

Having sold my previous rig due to downsizing to a smaller home I found I missed the experience too much and set out making a new sim room in the attic.
I found the v3 perfectly acceptable for racing games and even for gentle aviation in X Plane so I decided to see what similar systems were available. I came across NJ Motions seat mover and was impressed by the price and the good reviews.

I began to communicate with Javi asking him literally dozens of questions over a few weeks. He was always very quick to respond and very helpful in his suggestions.
After discussing my preferred games in order (Elite Dangerous, X-Plane 11, DCS, F1 2019, Dirt Rally) he suggested the SV-2 as it can quickly be converted from a racing sim to a flight sim.

In it's flight sim mode it has an attached foot rest plate which gives a more immersive full motion sensation especially in VR .
This was a little more expensive than the seat mover but I needed a new rig anyway and Javi was happy to negotiate on price as I was buying some extras (Hotas attachments, keyboard & mouse tray, triple monitor stand).

The whole kit arrived after only a few days from ordering and was extremely securely packaged in a pallet.
Setup instructions were easy to follow and after a few hours I had an impressive rig to jump into.
The metal frame is extremely solid, no shaking like my old gt ultimate rig.
Also the old v3 unit used to wobble a little when not in motion, this setup is rock solid.

Javi took all the measurements for my Virpil joystick & throttle and my Ikea Markus chair so all fitting holes were pre drilled.
He was on hand via team viewer to ensure I got the software correctly setup.
The only adjustment I made was to add some wheels to the triple monitor stand and the wheel/pedal stand so they can be easily pushed out of the way when I go into flight mode.
0[2] (2).jpg
0[2] (3).jpg
0[2] (5).jpg
0[2].jpg
0[2] (4).jpg
I could not be happier with this setup and it's very reassuring to know that Javi is easily reached if I need any help.

Upvote 0
This is great to read Gary, my very own SV2 seems to be packed up and ready to ship to me.

I sold up my rig a year ago to concentrate on another project and now here I am buying everything again :D I'm using lockdown as an excuse :D

I chose to go with NJMotion after reading the various posts here, the solidity of the frame (for direct drive) and the noise level which seems to be much quieter than my previous rig with SCN5 actuators.

I'll be posting my thoughts once it's arrive and setup. The only slight downside for me at the moment is my prevoius rig took up the dining room ( I have an awesome wife ;) ), but I have a lodger who is off work like most of us and rather than him being stuck in his bedroom I have given him the dining room as well, until the end of lockdown. Sooo my rig is going in the front room ( I really do have an awesome wife :D ) until the dining room is free again.

Upvote 0
This is great to read Gary, my very own SV2 seems to be packed up and ready to ship to me.

I sold up my rig a year ago to concentrate on another project and now here I am buying everything again :D I'm using lockdown as an excuse :D

I chose to go with NJMotion after reading the various posts here, the solidity of the frame (for direct drive) and the noise level which seems to be much quieter than my previous rig with SCN5 actuators.

I'll be posting my thoughts once it's arrive and setup. The only slight downside for me at the moment is my prevoius rig took up the dining room ( I have an awesome wife ;) ), but I have a lodger who is off work like most of us and rather than him being stuck in his bedroom I have given him the dining room as well, until the end of lockdown. Sooo my rig is going in the front room ( I really do have an awesome wife :D ) until the dining room is free again.
Steve, I don't feel just so foolish now knowing that someone else has decided to sell and then buy it all over again. We are indeed motion junkies.
At least your wife will see you from time to time unlike mine who has banished her beloved to the attic.
I'm spending lock down experimenting with simtools so definitely not bored.
I don't use direct drive but have no doubt this rig can handle it.

Upvote 0
Did you get the simtools licence from Javier? I'm looking forward to trying it after spending years with Sim Commander. Also looking at various options for tactile to replace SimVibe. I feel really lucky that I could have anything from 5-10 weeks to play as much as I want.
Javier has had a wheel mount made for the Fanatec DD1...I really can't fault his customer service, it's top notch.

Upvote 0
Did you get the simtools licence from Javier? I'm looking forward to trying it after spending years with Sim Commander. Also looking at various options for tactile to replace SimVibe. I feel really lucky that I could have anything from 5-10 weeks to play as much as I want.
Javier has had a wheel mount made for the Fanatec DD1...I really can't fault his customer service, it's top notch.
Yes, Javi was able to supply the simtools license.
My previous v3 platform had it's own software which was definitely more 'plug & play' but didn't include support for elite dangerous.
Simtools has a great support community over at xsimulator forum.

Upvote 0
No, but I know somebody who does and they love it. It adds all the effects that the SFX-100 lacks, and the two apparently work in tandem extremely well.

If I went back to a seat mover I'd sell my SFX-100.
i'm currently looking into motion rigs and i have a hard time deciding between a (2dof or 3dof) seat mover or going the SFX-100 route. As someone who has experience with both, what would make you go back to a seat mover?

Upvote 0
i'm currently looking into motion rigs and i have a hard time deciding between a (2dof or 3dof) seat mover or going the SFX-100 route. As someone who has experience with both, what would make you go back to a seat mover?
The simplicity, the neatness, the smaller form... but for me it was the 10khz coil whine in the SFX. My hearing is sensitive to this frequency, yours may not be.
The SFX-100 is a great motion solution but I couldn't live with the noise.

Upvote 0
I'm ordering a Compact R base in a week. I will use it in my 80/20 rig together with VR and I can't wait to see how it adds to the inmersion.

Would you install seat rails or do you think that the constant motion of the seat could end up in play in the mechanism of the rails.

Have you found any problem connecting the unit to a USB hub?

My only sim is Assetto Corsa. Have you made any adjustments for this game or is the default config just right?

Upvote 0
I'm ordering a Compact R base in a week. I will use it in my 80/20 rig together with VR and I can't wait to see how it adds to the inmersion.

Would you install seat rails or do you think that the constant motion of the seat could end up in play in the mechanism of the rails.

Have you found any problem connecting the unit to a USB hub?

My only sim is Assetto Corsa. Have you made any adjustments for this game or is the default config just right?

Upvote 0
I've had my Compact R a bit over a year and I've been very happy with it.

I have seat rails installed and they've been issue free. They use those in real life cars too, so they should be able to take the motion from the base.

I also run the seat mover through an USB base. We all know that USB-peripherals can be finicky, but I've found that a good quality hub with a separate power source will work fine.

I run the AC with the default profile. You can adjust the feel quite a lot with the actual adjustment knobs on the seat mover itself. They are handy as you can adjust them while using the sim.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. Another thing I've heard from people who use motion systems is the benefit of using harnesses, since they firmly stick you to the seat and your body doesn't wooble so much and also feels the movements better. Can you confirm that? I don't know how this kind of harnesses are installed in a rig. I've see that they pass through the holes on the bucket seat, 2 on the back and 2 on the sides. But are they attached to the aluminium profiles? In that case I understand that the result could be somehow like those seatbelt tensioners installed in full motion rigs, because when the seat moves forward to simulate the braking, the harnesses must feel tightened to your body. Am I wrong?

Upvote 0
I see. Is the small piece on the right for the hip straps? Are these accesories included with the base or sold sepparately? In my case I would use a 4-point harness, not 3, but I could easly attach the harness to my profile. I understand then that, since you support this kind of installation, the extra tension provided by the springs should not affect the performance nor the right functioning of the base, as long as the springs are not too heavy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see. Is the small piece on the right for the hip straps? Are these accesories included with the base or sold sepparately? In my case I would use a 4-point harness, not 3, but I could easly attach the harness to my profile. I understand then that, since you support this kind of installation, the extra tension provided by the springs should not affect the performance nor the right functioning of the base, as long as the springs are not too heavy.
The two rear points are joined and screwed to the small piece, the springs are attached to each of the pieces by their ends.

There is no problem with the extra effort of the motors.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea