Night and Weather for AC. What to get? What to do?

OK ... if you've read any of my posts, you've got to know I am NOT computer friendly. I'd go as far to say I am probably best described as computer ... antagonistic.

I have done sufficient reading about this stuff to know that Content Manager will do the install. Thank God!

anyoldway ... It's going on for 6 months or so that we got night and weather for AC, and I honestly read all the threads about this stuff, but I STILL don't understand all this.

Could somebody explain (PLEASE include links PLEASE) what to get and what to do to have this miracle(s) of Night and Weather in my own virtual world.

I guess the install is probably just drag-n-drop over at CM.

Awesome work overall, thanks for the explanation - I saw pictures of an illuminated LeMans, will try that for sure. And the other one too.
Nordschleife was fine for me as it is, night is dark (and full of terrors) - I was slow, but thats normal I think, missing breaking points, just needs adapation and new reference points, but looking forward to the new config.

edith: next morning with a fresh head, I got it raining, finally! Looks beautiful!!!

Quite a number of mods, apps and patches to install in the right place...
LightsPatch, BLMCar, BLMLights, gbwSuite, config files for tracks, whiper config for cars, the WetMod, ACCExtRain, vao megapack, and new RainSounds - and you have to install them the correct way and the right place (disable mods before updating, for expamle, this was my problem I think)

The results are awesome, the road to get them working, rather bumpy hehe - but truly appreciated, will donate to the different autors in time, thanks!

Last edited:
Alternatively i can recommend Le Mans 2017, also availible on RD along with the config that comes with the patch.

I tried that LeMans Version with the patch in a GT3 Audi - gorgeous! The ferris wheel, changes colors - the stands and rolex sign, really nice to look at! Superb work! Thanks for the tip!

One thing thats massively annoying in VR are the roadside reflectors, the ones who reflect my lights. On the long straights, I had to turn my lights off after about 30mins, the blur and movement this tiny reflections produce is very distractive and stressfull - I already turned the brightness down with the lights app, had little to no effect on the reflections. Is there an easy solution I'm not aware off?

Otherwise, really fun to drive at night, just saw the huge amount of pitboxes, lets check how much AI my processor is able to handle hehe

Maybe it has to do with the ppfilter you're using? Apart from that, of course every aspect of a tracklight config can be disabled. It's all in lemans_2017.ini in \assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\. Everything can be disabled by just taking a section and set ACTIVE to 0. It even changes live in the game as soon as you resave the file. The problem is that that config is rather massive compared to other configs, so it might be hard to find what you want to modify. It has to be a combination of [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT] parts that you'd have to deactivate.

I'll pass your comment on to the maker of the tracklight config. Maybe he can help you out, or actually change some of the values based on your constructive criticism.

Hey guys, don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but shouldn't there be more intensive light? I picked Daytona as an example. Especially the huge lamp posts should shed more light probably?

QlUYZ0dzGanxd_RLXTHSv_yZKJfc9k_cbYbkRsG2rzYYXQyEto3qzmEBugkZGgzPQ0OGEAxupETEgcdywNUpxIAOLFvVfI_9hVnfndhdZyqMCk8QiaDpo0CSgv7O60LPHAOKbfzKuFhz-4BxyzMKK7P-DipgzHdFKXfhODo4AYEfI59E3BTS-zHrLg7xFrlViyHgHa-gzOXJy3E8sq9Cn_daTxDLq0jv5Q6HZYidriWlQRGF361Wo1xID48xcVXMvPVmp44CbMTlOKSuCkaucKv8UA7APjaaU9RxgiEvloUKtM6TDS5nIOKqSvjagV_w8hoUbEWF2T0Y8HNHsZrJTObGBQ_7UxXSxrYetRgQ5j0LcOckJ3hRI_jxVrBoS9yZqeFGvYE1S52Ieyh2g8mpXI6hA1ggtPY1HyfeFft4PN6R2VK00f1-vAfvj3ZMldaGWBMRqzZI64QrsUJxPzf5xRJWyVyaT2qe3zTkT_txXm5zzxDhtn5We3jD2yIV2qaq3Tguy5aptkn0begHvW4a0VeJcVhrGxFKtFtPYWxHurc4DgSa5ZoJKhae7fTVacRVCFj43mQQTPzXR85jhGRlvH9HB8b1a8wzqxy8xAPqmPAV6j9MgJK3FKnmw0CFkUQ=w1645-h925-no

Since yesterday this doesn´t work for me anymore:

Everything is totally washed out if I use the nighttime. After my memory, I didn´t change anything.
Deleting and new installing of lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview92-rc3 doesn´t make any difference.

Maybe someone could help here.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies