Night and Weather for AC. What to get? What to do?

OK ... if you've read any of my posts, you've got to know I am NOT computer friendly. I'd go as far to say I am probably best described as computer ... antagonistic.

I have done sufficient reading about this stuff to know that Content Manager will do the install. Thank God!

anyoldway ... It's going on for 6 months or so that we got night and weather for AC, and I honestly read all the threads about this stuff, but I STILL don't understand all this.

Could somebody explain (PLEASE include links PLEASE) what to get and what to do to have this miracle(s) of Night and Weather in my own virtual world.

I guess the install is probably just drag-n-drop over at CM.

Extra Bonus: Have a try and install the latest preview app to actually have WORKING WIND SCREEN WIPERS AND RAIN TEXTURES in Assetto Corsa from Iljas discord channel (currently only two cars have this feature enabled: Mercedes AMG GT3 and Abarth Fiat 500) - this is only a preview of what is about to come in the near future to Assetto Corsa.

I have everything installed, so what do i select in CM for rain and what is the wiper button? Someone said its done with the APP, not sure what he meant by that.

I have everything installed, so what do i select in CM for rain and what is the wiper button? Someone said its done with the APP, not sure what he meant by that.
Yes the way it currently works is that you have to select a GBW weather with rain (preferably on one of the tracks with extended true wet weather textures).
Then you have to make sure the “Shaders Patch Rain app) is installed and you have to use the two options to adjust the amount of rain on your windows and the wiper speed.

Now you will have a visual implementation of wet windows and a working wiper ;-)

Yes the way it currently works is that you have to select a GBW weather with rain (preferably on one of the tracks with extended true wet weather textures).
Then you have to make sure the “Shaders Patch Rain app) is installed and you have to use the two options to adjust the amount of rain on your windows and the wiper speed.

Now you will have a visual implementation of wet windows and a working wiper ;-)

Thanks guru, the wet does looks amazing.

Preview 92 RC now comes with automatically detected wipers for all Kunos cars, an improved effect and it also comes with the rain/wiper app by default :)

Oh and did i mention ctrl-click to autofocus in photo mode of a replay and increased draw distance to 20km?

Last edited:
I got it working, somehow - it was quite confusing despite Post #4, I tried to do it as described, and it works! At least NIGHT works, got the lightning to work in VR (HTC Vive) - drove around a bit on the Nordschleife, damn this is scarry and atmospheric! The lights in the mirrors (REAL mirrors mod) are fantastic, distracting, but not too much!
Now for the Weather, this seems to produce an error, something like: weather mod wasnt able to load something, nil value. Have I forgotten something, or is the fact I'm using Vive (not Oculus) the culprit? Will upload error message later.
Thanks for any hint :)

Weather & Clouds working now, no more error message, did the patch mentioned in the mods thread - and just discovered here on page1 that I need another app to make rain visible, this is so confusing :roflmao:
I think I finally got there, no more time to test it now, will do tomorrow!

Yes. You will always need a config for tracklights. A lot of configs come with the newer versions of the patch already preinstalled, the current list can be seen here: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/tree/master/config/tracks. More might be availible on the discord.

Everyone is welcome to make them. I made several already and they're actually a lot of fun to make once you get the hang of it and not all that hard to do with the right tools. Just use something like Blender or 3dsimed to find object or material names you want to use as a light source and start building a config. Alternatively, use the shaders patch extension app to copy/paste coordinates and create lights and light lines wherever you want on the track.The parameters are rather self explanatory and are easily learned over time by just playing around or looking at other people's configs. The excellent BLM lights app is worth a big recommendation as well if anyone wants to get started.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll check that out later. I did try out the wet Nordschleife in early morning hours and noticed that there were some track lights with it that were projecting into my car when I drove past.

I got a step further I think - suddenly there is a new splash screen, and Nordschleife got some more lights, although it's a pretty dark place outside the GP lap - which is absolutely fine - did a 6 lap race (endurance layout) against 23 AI, no lags, stutters or noticeable frame drops, very nice to drive - it works superb in VR!

Tried to simulate 24hour race, so set the time-multiplier to 24, but it stayed dark all the way through - not sure if this even possible to have day/night transitions?

Whats still missing is raindrops - ditched the BLM app and the ExtRain app, could not start a session (yet) - CM always canceled the session - maybe next time / try

Well, yeah, that's an issue all tracklight makers face. Kunos tracks just weren't designed for night. There are no floodlights on Nürburgring GP like in ACC for example... they rarely put any lamps where lamps may be in real life etc. You end up either giving up on a track or adding a lot of fake lights, which can look really cool, but personally i'm not a big fan of that.

Shameless plug: If you want to see a track that was actually designed for night driving (Apart from there being no way to illuminate windows), try luccaring, which is availible on RD along with my tracklight config that comes with the patch. Alternatively i can recommend Le Mans 2017, also availible on RD along with the config that comes with the patch. Looks really awesome. And regarding Nordschleife: There is a big new config coming for that. Stay tuned.

The 24h cycle isn't there yet, but it will come. Right now Ilja is focusing on fixing the remaining bugs in the 1.23 previews before releasing it officially. Then the focus will shift towards that, everything regarding rain and dynamic weather for version 1.24.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%