Niels Heusinkveld Drives Formula Extreme, Talks Setups, Physics and Driving...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Niels Video - Formula Extreme - AMS.png

Reiza Studios Physics Designer Niels Heusinkveld has released another of his informative physics videos, this time trying his hand at a live stream for the first time as he focuses on developing the formidable Formula Extreme in Automobilista.

Coming in a whopping three hours and 19 minutes, Niels has produced a nice and entertaining stream as he takes out the newly rebuilt Formula Extreme around the Interlargos Grand Prix circuit. As has become standard practice for videos released by Niels, the latest stream takes viewers inside the Automobilista title as Heusinkveld delves into the world of physics and setup creation for one of the more brutal vehicles found in AMS.

Niels Heusinkveld - Formula Extreme at Interlagos Live Stream Replay:
Probably not to all viewers tastes, as quite often the content within the video gets a little technical, it is never-the-less always entertaining to see what goes on behind the scene when creating content for a sim racing title. As Niels explains during the video, it appears that AMS gamers will be having a newly rebuilt Formula Extreme to play with in the near future, as development of the class has progressed significantly recently and, judging from the video, appears pretty close to completion.

AMS Formula Extreme.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the very latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. Hang out with fellow community members, download a mod or two or simply enjoy the great online racing in one of our Racing Club and League events. The Automobilista forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go!

Did you enjoy Niels mammoth physics stream? How are you finding AMS now it has matured past version 1 release? Let us know in the comments section below!

This guy clocks up so many hours of such intense testing, driving...
Impressive control and he is consistent as well, great stamina - shows he has
a lot of mileage under his belt. :thumbsup:

Must be a real treat to have such a skillful racer as your physics guy. :cool:

does Niels have special version of F.Extreme? his setup is impossible to achieve on my version of that car .. I mean values he is using are out of a range of values I`m able to setup :) ...

EDIT: oh I see .. new rebuil version of F.Extreme ... nevermind than .. :)

Keep it coming more video Neils, always a pleasure to watch ;)
Theres is nothing like good driving skills and good sensibility to feel a car, both in real life and in simulation, but when you are racing on the edge, theres nothing like a good setup, and with this video I did learn some usefull stuff for my worksheet in motec.

And I agreed with you Natedogg, is not everyone that posts videos about their knowledge, and btw does Excel worksheets look like black magic on a pc !

Enjoyed the video, although 3 hours is a long time for a few diff adjustments. I am surprised he can't just write an Excel sheet to simulate the sim and work out the optimal settings. :)

There are many things that you can predict with an spreadsheet, like aero balance, roll stiffness distribution etc, but at the end you always need to drive the thing, there isn't such a "optimal setting" for everything. Not even real F1 teams can make a totally optimized setup without going to the track :)

Say what? All i understand is throttle, brakes and a steering wheel:). And even those items i mess up by spinning...and spinning and...
Great vid Niels. Very nice to have a look behind the screen:thumbsup:.

Never had a single issue with it.

Enjoyed the video, although 3 hours is a long time for a few diff adjustments. I am surprised he can't just write an Excel sheet to simulate the sim and work out the optimal settings. :)

technically he could simulate a simulator's behaviour on the excel using a very basic point-mass laptime simulation; but that's probably not the purpose of the exercise.

power-on diff lock coming out of corners rely severely on throttle application, you can see it in his video as well. how he has it setup now (and also looking at some of the functions he has in his "user" math channels) is a fairly rudimentary method of data analysis.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back