Resource icon

Misc New Traffic for Shutoko Revival Project 2021-08-28

Login or Register an account to download this content
On your screens there's a thing that suggests the performance is wasted on something that is costing ~4 ms extra in both VR and 1080p screen. That may sound small but on a powerful GPU it is a lot. Have a look by expanding "Preparation" and try some different CSP settings to bring it down. Also try to rule out the possibility of some crypto-miner malware running in background. "HitmanPro" is what I can recommend.
2 posts up I said I was starting at Daishi, wrong d'oh, I was starting at Heiwajima North. Sorry.
As for the lost performance I found out it was Smoke so I turned it off and it helps. Maybe something to do with the weird thing where cars tyres just start smoking for no reason. Anyway I made another video with a bit of weather and 50 AI cars just to punish my PC. I fiddled around getting more oncoming traffic and spreading the 50 cars out a bit more. It is nice not having the same dozen cars being repeated over and over again.

And the CPU Thread hack weirdly seems to work now. I get the >99% warning but no stuttering so I guess the CPU is successfully reallocating the workload to more threads.

Last edited:
2 posts up I said I was starting at Daishi, wrong d'oh, I was starting at Heiwajima North. Sorry.
As for the lost performance I found out it was Smoke so I turned it off and it helps. Maybe something to do with the weird thing where cars tyres just start smoking for no reason. Anyway I made another video with a bit of weather and 50 AI cars just to punish my PC. I fiddled around getting more oncoming traffic and spreading the 50 cars out a bit more. It is nice not having the same dozen cars being repeated over and over again.

And the CPU Thread hack weirdly seems to work now. I get the >99% warning but no stuttering so I guess the CPU is successfully reallocating the workload to more threads.
sorry to bother but how do you make the ai slow like in the video? my ai wants to go 300kph down the highway lol

sorry to bother but how do you make the ai slow like in the video? my ai wants to go 300kph down the highway lol
You can have a pretty docile "real" flow if you replace the code in "ai_hints.ini" file with
Code:
[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0
END=0.416
VALUE=64

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.416
END=1
VALUE=90

A better option: with the rapid hints use the calculator from my prev. post and set restrictor for most of the AI cars at ~100 bhp but leave some racers to mess the flow at random.

Last edited:
You can have a pretty docile "real" flow if you replace the code in "ai_hints.ini" file with
Code:
[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0
END=0.416
VALUE=64

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.416
END=1
VALUE=90

A better option: with the rapid hints use the calculator from my prev. post and set restrictor for most of the AI cars at ~100 bhp but leave some racers to mess the flow at random.
Perfect, thanks. Also anyway to add this ai to a server by chance? I know they did it on the SRP discord but i have no idea how they did that

Perfect, thanks. Also anyway to add this ai to a server by chance? I know they did it on the SRP discord but i have no idea how they did that
"No way!" - that's what I know. Assetto's game engine as standard can't mix more than one human with AI. Are you sure it happened for the SRP guys? Don't deduce based on videos alone as that is trimmed and compiled from bits.

"No way!" - that's what I know. Assetto's game engine as standard can't mix more than one human with AI. Are you sure it happened for the SRP guys? Don't deduce based on videos alone as that is trimmed and compiled from bits.
Yeah, I've been on a server with multiple real drivers and ai traffic
Search Shutoko traffic on the online tab brings up 3 servers but they all use the SRP cars and most don't have LODs so the performance ain't great

Last edited:
yup here is the server link. https: //acstuff. ru/s/q:race/online/join?ip=5.161.43.117&httpPort=8081 (i put spaces so it does not get censored) I have no idea how they managed to do it but finding a way to do it would be very very appreciated. I just wanna race with my friend with traffic around to keep it interesting

Last edited:
yup here is the server link. https: //acstuff. ru/s/q:race/online/join?ip=5.161.43.117&httpPort=8081 (i put spaces so it does not get censored) I have no idea how they managed to do it but finding a way to do it would be very very appreciated. I just wanna race with my friend with traffic around to keep it interesting
Maybe I will check it out sometime but meanwhile you can propose to the admins of those servers to do the trick and use this AI lines. I'm not against sharing my work in any possible way. If an explicit permission is required - consider this to be it.

Maybe I will check it out sometime but meanwhile you can propose to the admins of those servers to do the trick and use this AI lines. I'm not against sharing my work in any possible way. If an explicit permission is required - consider this to be it.
Well I can easily say I am driving, street racing and etc around AI traffic server for nearly 2 months and traffic is flowing near perfect. I asked around but couldnt get to admins yet... When you have time definietly have a drive around server.

Here I recorded some vids :

Thanks so much for AI lines and traffic lanes!!! I had a ton of fun.

I put in some slow traffic cars (Traffic pack Collision version), which drive really slow (under 120kph) and changed all the max speeds in the slowdown sections in the AI hints to 250kmh "almost- no speed limits", then applied the Rapid Fast Lane (for much overtaking) then added some fast cars like a Lambo huracan and a Mclaren F1.
I was driving a Ferrari Testarossa 512 TR Canyon Spec.
Was doing street racing at 300kmh with fast AI weaving in and around slow traffic for hours.
In VR it was like a dream come true.
20211130_204605_MixedReality.jpg

Sorry lighting isn't as good as most like it, but with 4K VR, one must make sacrifices.
_________
90FPS, 8600K@4.8GHz, 2080ti, HP.ReverbPro.G1

-Settings For 90FPS - Shutoko
Steam VR Resolution 80%
7x AI cars only
Disabled Extensions: WeatherEffects Extension, FakeShadows, Lighting, Reflections, TrackAdjustments, ShadowedWheels.
Particles Active
Sparks Active
Smoke Active

Attachments

• 20211207_060226_MixedReality.jpg
    20211207_060226_MixedReality.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20211207_061157_MixedReality.jpg
    20211207_061157_MixedReality.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
What a great idea. I did it myself today with 9 slow cars and 5 fast. I used the per car strength and aggression settings to set slow and fast cars. After a bit of trial and error I upped the ai_hints max speeds to 320 then set the fast cars at 100 str. / 100 agg. and the slow ones at 60 str. /1 agg. It's a lot of fun and there aren't too many crashes.

It almost looks like your chasing real people rather than AI cars.

Last edited:
Amazing work!
Are you planing to add traffic for the Mukojima and Fukagawa Route, too?
Thanks for the heads-up!
Making the extended loops on Shutoko is tricky in the way that if you want to include the Rainbow bridge in both directions there's no possibility to make Fukagawa a part of the loop. But it is possible someone better in planning than me to propose a route and I 'll see what can be done. If you fancy a contest - post here a suggestion for the traffic alternative and brief note what goal is to be achieved. Mark the turns on the 50% scale of the map and assign consecutive numbers like
map.png

Goal: maximum coverage of all lanes.

Last edited:
Loving this so far, a few crashes upon launching, but that was the issue of me adding too many cars haha. Just out of some curiosity, how does this compare to the Shibaura PA Traffic mod posted in the official discord?

I was told that this was outdated apparently, but looking at the versions this appears to be newer than the version on the discord.

Thanks for this traffic mod, and I hope you have a great day/night!

I was told that this was outdated
That's interesting - the other creator Gunja who made the first traffic line for SRP didn't want to repeat the lengthy process after the section with Shibuya got added. I remember speaking with him in March 2021 about his plans and after some more time I did this version. Comparing the timestamps of the "fast_lane.ai" usually is reliable source of info on which is newer.
Is there a newer AI line on Discord? What was added?

The Shibaura traffic is the one that Gunja made before and is also hosted here on RD. It is missing roads 4, 5 and 11 but has 6 and 9 in comparison to this.

Last edited:
Thank you so much this is wonderful and I appreciate a lot the work. I just have one small question.

I am trying to follow your instruction and create "oi_pa". But that didn't work. I basically just copy one of the pa folders and change the name to be "oi_pa". and drag your "oi_pa" and "ui" folders to overwrite.

But still didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? please let me know. thank you so much again.

Thank you so much this is wonderful and I appreciate a lot the work. I just have one small question.

I am trying to follow your instruction and create "oi_pa". But that didn't work. I basically just copy one of the pa folders and change the name to be "oi_pa". and drag your "oi_pa" and "ui" folders to overwrite.

But still didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? please let me know. thank you so much again.
If I understand your workflow - you missed creating "models_oi_pa.ini" in the track's folder which is in essence a copy of the "models_****_pa.ini" of the other original layout. I didn't include that file in the package and it is 100% necessary for the new layout to work. Just make a copy of the other "models_****_pa.ini" and change the name, open the new "models_oi_pa.ini" and edit the paragraph to replace the "****_pits.kn5" in the text to "oi_pits.kn5" and save changes.
I could have made it myself and it could have worked for some people but not for all and so I decided to leave instructions on editing instead. And that's why I prefer not to offer an attached file with this message.

Last edited:
If I understand your workflow - you missed creating "models_oi_pa.ini" in the track's folder which is in essence a copy of the "models_****_pa.ini" of the other original layout. I didn't include that file in the package and it is 100% necessary for the new layout to work. Just make a copy of the other "models_****_pa.ini" and change the name, open the new "models_oi_pa.ini" and edit the paragraph to replace the "****_pits.kn5" in the text to "oi_pits.kn5" and save changes.
I could have made it myself and it could have worked for some people but not for all and so I decided to leave instructions on editing instead. And that's why I prefer not to offer an attached file with this message.
OMG! thank you so much for your guidance. This s fantastic!!!!! Appreciate a lot your help!!

hi all
thx for sharing. and sorry for my english...
it seems to be great ,but i cant install the traffic mod
i have srp main official 0.9.1
i installed csp 1.75 , the newbehavior.ini file was empty , i copy this:
[TRACK_shuto_revival_project_beta]
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_FORCE=150000
AI_FLOOD_Y_OFFSET=-0.35
AI_FLOOD_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=290, 120
AI_FLOOD_DISTANCE=360, 180
AI_FLOOD_RANGE=250, 130
AI_FLOOD_DESPAWN=400, 190
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_SPEED=180

i copy the following folders in the srp folder daishi_pa , heiwajima_pa_n , heiwajima_pa_s , shibaura_pa , tatsumi_pa , yoyogi_pa , ui .
i unzip fastlane option "restricted" , i copy in ai folder of each "layout"(im not sure for the word layout)
i unzip ai-hints "restricted" , i copy in data folder of each layout.
in content manager i fix and load , save the items , reload CM , track day "option"
and when i play , i have only one car for the race ...
is this for offline or online .
thx for your help...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play