New to Rfactor2. Need Graphics Help

New to the sim and man is the FFB good. A couple issues though.

1) I'm getting a lot of stuttering despite reported frame rates in excess of 90FPS. GTX1080 and i5-4690K. CPU load is around 65%. I've tried 32 bit mode. I've tried stock Nvidia settings. Any ideas?

2) The color seems washed out. Is there a way to make it warmer?

I am not 100% sure, I bought Assetto Corsa first and no matter what I got stuttering, I looked in every forum and the only thing that stopped it was running it at 50fps locked. When I get RF2 it worked great straight out of the box, the only time I get stuttering is in the pits, with RF2 I looked the frames at 83 as I had read that was a magic number for 60hz TV's. I can confirm running 83fps on RF2 and AMS definitely eliminates 99.9% stuttering.

New to the sim and man is the FFB good. A couple issues though.

1) I'm getting a lot of stuttering despite reported frame rates in excess of 90FPS. GTX1080 and i5-4690K. CPU load is around 65%. I've tried 32 bit mode. I've tried stock Nvidia settings. Any ideas?

2) The color seems washed out. Is there a way to make it warmer?
You could try "Fast Sync" (nVidia Pascal GPUs, and newer), not quite a good as vSync in smothing things out but also not as much lag. Explained in the video below. I've tried with rF2 and it did a pretty good job.

Playing with it a bit more and its close to being gone.

How about graphics. Any suggestion?

I saw this and am trying to figure out how to get the graphics to look like this.
It all depends what your card can handle, I actually run the game on 4k and downsample it, It's the best I can get it to look, I have to tweak some of the graphic settings to get it to run smooth, like reflections and shadows etc. It's just a case of playing around with the settings and seeing what your card can handle.

rF2 shaders aren't fixed and premade like other games. They are generated when you first load a car/track combo. Second time you load that combo will be a lot faster.

Those shaders are generated based on your graphic settings, and will be overwritten if you change graphic settings. That is, if you use ingame settings. If you use other then a default Nvidia profile this proces might go wrong.

Just incase you run into trouble, or you want everything back to default and start from there.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-graphic-bugs-things-to-check-first.106607/#post-2018606

Have fun. :)

You don't mention the resolution you're attempting to run. I'm running 3440x1440 with a GTX 1070, I'm able to run most everything at max, at least for properly optimized tracks. As for Anti-Aliasing, I've had mine set to 3 forever, some time back I tried 4 but didn't think it was much of an improvement, especially for the cost.
If you can, I wouldn't focus too much on the graphics. To me they are fine, if comparing to say Project Cars then the graphics look dated. rF2 shines in many other areas, even an eye candy junky like me can easily live with rF2 graphically. Nothing else compares when racing AI.
Note, I just about quickly dropped AMS (Game Stock Car back then) and rF2 based on first impressions. I'm glad I gave both the time so I could appreciate the under-the-graphical-covers experience.
upload_2016-12-30_0-40-13.png

upload_2016-12-30_0-40-47.png

I'll provide my current settings tonight when i get back, but i'm running a GTX1080 with 27" triples. Frame rate wise i'm in the 90's at mid-ohio which is fine. The thing that strike me is how pale and washed out the colors look compared to that youtube video. Trying to figure out how to adjust the colors more.

Move time of day to earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon and you will achieve a more spectacular look, it's the standard trick Empty Box and few other YouTubers use when they showcase rF2 in their videos.

Interlagos is not a particularly good track to test at anyway as it's a quick conversion from Reiza, the track textures are pale by default. ISI track artists started moving away from this pale look some time ago and the latest updated tracks like Palm Springs or Suzuka have a lot more colorful look.

GTX 1070/ i5 6600k here and have everything ingame maxed but aliasing at 3 .
nVidia inspector 4x multisampling / 2x sparse grid . Set to enhance game settings .
Adaptive V-sync on 59.9fps with odd lower fps till first corner .
Running 4k on a Sony 55" Tv.
Friggin Beautiful .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back