New pedals

Hello, I once again am asking for your financial advice.
Jokes aside, my break pedals isn't working anymore as it should, so I'm looking for a replacement. My first thoughts were the Thrustmaster T-LCM, but I'm open to suggestions.
Ideally they would be under 200€, but that seems to be a bit unrealistic.
Many thanks in advance,
Lennart

PS: The problem with the brake pedal is that it after a bit of use, it suddenly takes an unreasonably high amount of force to get even to 50% or so. You can fix it by pushing the foot in a cerain angle, but that is not futureproof.

What kind of pedals do you have and what seems to be the problem?
Could you post a closeup of the misbehaving pedal?

Maybe theres a fix instead of buying new?

MFG Carsten
I have the T3PA-Pros from Thrustmaster with a loadcell kit. I think there has to be something up with the sensor, because midsession the force needed to brake 100% suddenly goes up 2 times or so. I'm unfortunately not at home for the next couple of weeks, so I can't do that, but I will lok into that, because I generally really like them

Upvote 0
Which loadcell kit do you have?

I bought a "tinkerers kit" ;) T3PApro with ricmotech loadcell conversion.
That is kind of a funny construction.
If you have them open them up and check the rubber bumper and the lever which transfers the brake pressure to the loadcell.
Should the loadcell fail the test i found the modell still in production, its about 60 Euros.
Check the brake pedal for play also, if your set is really old the bushing might be shot.
In that case reach for your wallet :cry:

I endet up modifiing the whole pedal assembly because i couldn´t get to like the pedal feel, especially on the brake.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Which loadcell kit do you have?

I bought a "tinkerers kit" ;) T3PApro with ricmotech loadcell conversion.
That is kind of a funny construction.
If you have them open them up and check the rubber bumper and the lever which transfers the brake pressure to the loadcell.
Should the loadcell fail the test i found the modell still in production, its about 60 Euros.
Check the brake pedal for play also, if your set is really old the bushing might be shot.
In that case reach for your wallet :cry:

I endet up modifiing the whole pedal assembly because i couldn´t get to like the pedal feel, especially on the brake.

MFG Carsten
I looked into it as well, I think at that pricepoint I can look at the T-LCM more closely and think about a way to invet them. Or wait for the Fanatec black friday sale and hope the V3 get on sale.
If that doesn't work, other question: Would you rate the CSL Elite padels over the T-LCM?
MfG,
Lennart

Upvote 0
Would you rate the CSL Elite padels over the T-LCM?
No. Disclaimer: I never owned the CSLs myself, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. ;)

First of all, Fanatec has the load cell built into the pedal arm, which makes its sensitivity dependent on the foot placement. I read about it in the ACC forums and found another report here.
Then recently I had a talk with a fellow simracer from my hometown, who is on the verge to trade in his CSLs for the LCMs. He's already on his second throttle pedal, because the teeth on the sprocket that drives the pots are so uneven, they already wore out.
Generally: The CSLs use pots for throttle and clutch, while the LCM has hall sensors.

Upvote 0
You should have a look at Barrys review of the TLCM:

From what I understood the pedalarms are rotating around bushings pressed into the bottom plate,
so its not (easily) possible to mount them seperately to invert them.

Random Callsign had a review for a hall sensor mod for the CSLs:

So when/if the poti fails you could upgrade.

In this price range it will be difficult to find a loadcell/hall sensor pedal set.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
From what I understood the pedalarms are rotating around bushings pressed into the bottom plate,
so its not (easily) possible to mount them seperately to invert them.
That's right, the pedals are not designed to be separated.

In this price range it will be difficult to find a loadcell/hall sensor pedal set.
Ermmm… did I read you wrong or did you miss the fact the LCMs do feature both load cell and hall sensors? ;)

Upvote 0
Quote:

Ermmm… did I read you wrong or did you miss the fact the LCMs do feature both load cell and hall sensors? ;)

No, you didn´t read me wrong.:)

ITcars wants to invert his pedals, so the TLCM are out, aren´t they?

( Actually, after rewatching Barry´s review it should be possible to switch the plugs and the springs to swap "clutch" and accelerator)

Of course that would void the warranty.

Inverting could be done with a pedalplate in an angle to the footrest.

So, maybe that are the pedals for him.

I personally would never go back to pedals with plastic parts, especially at the bushing for the pedalarm.

But my rig is mightily overbuild because I fear flex.:mad:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies