rF2 NEW! Lupo Cup @ Bathurst - Sunday 9th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quasi-serious question for a moment, chaps:-

How simple, complex or downright arcane are rFactor pit stops, please?

I'm just about getting to grips with GTRE ones - just how much trouble am I going to be in with rF ones, in old money?

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

Quasi-serious question for a moment, chaps:-

How simple, complex or downright arcane are rFactor pit stops, please?

I'm just about getting to grips with GTRE ones - just how much trouble am I going to be in with rF ones, in old money?

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

they are very simualr to Evo.

you can call the pit menu up while driving and adjust.

not all mods have pit lane limiters like the Lupo`s

when pitting you dont press return to comfirm pit options like you do in Evo.

when stopping for S&G`s, dont request a pit stop just drive in pits and serve the S&G.

also Rf isent as fussy where you stop like in Evo, so if you stop a little short or to far it will still service you unlike Evo.

i think thats all, but as usual main thing is to practice before had :)

Stuart pit stops are rather simple in rfactor as you preset before the race so just pull into the pit wait for the countdown to finish and off you go.

No having to worry about hitting confirm when pitting :) like in GTREvo

• Andrew Evans

cool!

i tested this, this evening on a shorter race but i now know i've got my numbers right... so we'll be driving afternoon thru to morning... it's TOO NICE with the whole getting gradually darker thing...

and the lupos are a quality wee drive!

Mind...

lupo1.jpg

...the...

lupo2.jpg

...kerbs!

lupo3.jpg

Ok, a couple of thingsI have found out I thought I'd share...

The game says a full tank will last you 12 laps. Rubbish. I ran out of fuel while in the pitlane, at the end of my 10th lap.

The track is well lit at night in general, although there are a few places where, up on the early part of the mountain, you can lose your where your normal line is quite easily, as the headlights are roobish. :)

Also, I'm pleased because all you change on the Lupo is the tyre pressures. While no doubt they are important, this puts less pressure on me as an rF n00b to come up with a setup as well as learn the track and car :dance:

Looking forward to this. The Minis are super fast compared to these Lupos, but I love driving them. Plus the track is a beaut - classic track and really well modded.

Sign me up for my first club race!

It sounds like a lot of fun.. I think I'll be able to handle the dark, although I crashed a mini very badly at Nordschleife in the dark about a week ago... :lol:

Love the screenshots Ryan! :D

I know it doesn't really apply to these cars, but where do the races normally stand on driving aids?

My personal choice is none, other than auto-clutch and auto-blip (I really could to with a G25 :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back