rF2 NEW! Lupo Cup @ Bathurst - Sunday 9th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a fantastic race :D

Super fast in practice, then decided to H-Shift he Lupos and managed to get a 1.37.7 just 0.8 off my fastest time with the paddles :)

Started 5th or so for the race but couldn't see any set of starting lights from my grid slot and had to wait for everyone else to move so fell into a tight pack. Almost lost it at the esses like James but managed to hold.
Started to get dark and everyone pitted a lap earlier than me and I managed to complete 30 minutes on a tank meaning I'd only have to pit twice rather than the 3 time everyone else would. After Bram's LOL attempt at passing me & my 2nd & last pit stop done I was in 4th and now just needed to stay within 30 or so seconds of anyone I could to pass them in their pit stops.
With 2 laps to go I had 2nd place but mucked up a few corners allowing James Yates to take 2nd and give me 3rd overall.

So 3rd in my first race H-Shifting :D!

My apologies to Peter Gog who I rear ended at the end of the straight because I mucked up my throttle blipping because I was watching Daniel on my inside.

It was a really good race, but I had to quit about the 50 minute mark:

It appears that if you lose the back end of the car in a certain corner at Bathhurst (BP Cutting?) and you're unlucky enough to wind up facing the barrier, the car can't reverse out of the bend, because it's gutless, and can't go forward either because you're 90 degrees to the barrier.

I could have stayed there and kept trying, but after 30 seconds or so and a near miss by the then current 9th place, I decided to escape out (sorry for the shocker when you came around the bend, whoever you were!) - Frustrating wasn't the word for it!! :pissed-off: Especially as I thought I was doing pretty good for my first club race (Quali 7th I think) -

I take my racing a little too seriously sometimes, so it took me a good 45 minutes to calm down after I'd left the race!!! I'm good now though, and looking forward to the next race. This Sunday perhaps?? :dance2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back