New Features added

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The forum update of today brought a couple of new features that you might like:
  • Selective quoting of message. You can use the good old trusted way of quoting or.... do selective quoting: simply highlight a piece of text and insert it into a quote :) (can even quote from entire different forum posts)
  • Online status indicator. You post avatar now shows a green light when you are online. Handy to see if friends are online.
  • New options to create polls, try them :)
  • Status update box on the forum main page where your latest profile posts are shown.
  • Many more smaller improvements you'll discover by actively participating on the forums :thumbsup:
  • New prefixes for modding forums. You can now quick select and filter modding categories by their prefix. The different categories are highlighted above the modding threads. Of course for a better overview use the downloads section instead.
  • Box showing latest submitted videos and photos (note to self and @Dave Stephenson we need to optimize the images)

Last edited:
would be nice if the font-size for premium and non-premium usernames on profile post, when viewing ratings etc was identical.
Again, imo it looks horrible with different sizes, especially for viewing post ratings. Different colors are enough to highlight premium & staff members.

Edit: Cheers guys, way better now :)

Last edited:
The forum headers underneath the Race Department banner no longer seem to work as links for me any longer. I used to be able to use them to navigate back to the thread root but now they no longer seen to do that. Is that something that's coming back at some point add I found it very handy.

@Bram Hengeveld .....
Why do we have to download a source before we can rate it? I am particularly aiming at the car skins in AC. I regularly look at them but to be honest I rarely download anymore because of the quantity of skins available and the in game skins that comes with new cars and updates. Also being an experienced skin modder myself, I like to see my own skins in game too and I have made one or two :)

BUT that doesn't mean I want to credit some great paint jobs I see passing by. I usually do get the quality and effort behind a skin by looking at the screens in here. I like motivating, rewarding or criticising positively one's work without having to go through the download process. I have always enjoyed reading reviews, I think it is an underestimated feature and something people should do more often when viewing/downloading a mod.

Like it is now, the review section will become even more overlooked and leave an emptiness I can not explain otherwise than a stomach aching twist only a true skin modder, preferrably called livery designer, can feel after a 20 hour work being left uncriticised and just treated as another number in the skin section.

I am sure you understand my concern, Bram ;)

well I understand that for apps, cars and stuff you need to work with to have an experience with before one can judge but as for the eye candy a trained eye can easily detect quality if screens are taken properly. Just saying

Recent changes are looking slick :thumbsup:. Love that the site finally fills my screen, instead of having much white to both left and right.

Not sure who's the right person to tag, I guess @Dave Stephenson ?
There's a tiny issue with the page numbers, with one of the squares being cut off. Just in case you didn't notice yet
Unbenannt.PNG

I almost agree with @kedy89
I prefer full width. In fact i have my chrome zoomed out with 80%, which i do at almost every website.(I think my screen is to big)
But this gives me the following screen.
k4eb1d.jpg

For the dev-team: remove the max width within pageWidth and add padding or margin
Code:
@media (min-width: 1200px)
.pageWidth{
   /* max-width:1600px;*/
   padding: 0px 30px 0px 30px;    or    margin: 0 30px;
}

and it will look like this:
lgv4g.png

edit: responsive media added

Last edited:
I prefer full width. In fact i have my chrome zoomed out with 80%, which i do at almost every website.(I think my screen is to big)
k4eb1d.jpg

For the dev-team: remove the max width within pageWidth and add padding or margin
Code:
.pageWidth{
}

lgv4g.png

As my screen is 21:9 @ 34" I would hate it if that is added as I have to move my head from left to right or start zooming to read.

k4eb1d.jpg

Code:
.pageWidth{
}

lgv4g.png

This^^^ I use a 21:9 34" monitor and this would be better. The text is the same size, so no zooming req'd. I have always had wasted space on either side even when I had a normal 1080p screen. This would be ideal.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea