Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

New Features added

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
The forum update of today brought a couple of new features that you might like:
  • Selective quoting of message. You can use the good old trusted way of quoting or.... do selective quoting: simply highlight a piece of text and insert it into a quote :) (can even quote from entire different forum posts)
  • Online status indicator. You post avatar now shows a green light when you are online. Handy to see if friends are online.
  • New options to create polls, try them :)
  • Status update box on the forum main page where your latest profile posts are shown.
  • Many more smaller improvements you'll discover by actively participating on the forums :thumbsup:
  • New prefixes for modding forums. You can now quick select and filter modding categories by their prefix. The different categories are highlighted above the modding threads. Of course for a better overview use the downloads section instead.
  • Box showing latest submitted videos and photos (note to self and @Dave Stephenson we need to optimize the images)

Last edited:

Frank

RaceDepartment Administrator
Staff
Premium
This^^^ I use a 21:9 34" monitor and this would be better. The text is the same size, so no zooming req'd. I have always had wasted space on either side even when I had a normal 1080p screen. This would be ideal.
I like having it centered, when I come to websites who use the whole width of my screen, I have to make a smaller window to read in a normal way. I mean, how can reading on a 34" screen be comfy if you have to go from almost all the way left to all the way right?

Andy_J

I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Each to their own. But I prefer the whole monitor screen to be used without wasted space. I sit comfortably close enough that reading poses no problem at all. Reading from left to right is normal for me.

Frank

RaceDepartment Administrator
Staff
Premium
Each to their own. But I prefer the whole monitor screen to be used without wasted space. I sit comfortably close enough that reading poses no problem at all. Reading from left to right is normal for me.
For me the main issue is that I have to move my head from left to right, so when it is centered I have a lot more comfort.

Milos

Had things gone my way, who knows..
On mobile as well, I missed the static alerts and messages ribbon bar at the top. Now when I want to look for new alerts or messages I have to scroll to the top of the page which is an inconvenience.

On mobile as well, I missed the static alerts and messages ribbon bar at the top. Now when I want to look for new alerts or messages I have to scroll to the top of the page which is an inconvenience.
Same, plus the small arrows on the side, to jump to either top or bottom. Used them a lot.

Milos

Had things gone my way, who knows..
Now that I loaded the site on PC, pretty much the same inconvinience.

Anyone? I noticed the arrows have returned so :p