New Features added

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The forum update of today brought a couple of new features that you might like:
  • Selective quoting of message. You can use the good old trusted way of quoting or.... do selective quoting: simply highlight a piece of text and insert it into a quote :) (can even quote from entire different forum posts)
  • Online status indicator. You post avatar now shows a green light when you are online. Handy to see if friends are online.
  • New options to create polls, try them :)
  • Status update box on the forum main page where your latest profile posts are shown.
  • Many more smaller improvements you'll discover by actively participating on the forums :thumbsup:
  • New prefixes for modding forums. You can now quick select and filter modding categories by their prefix. The different categories are highlighted above the modding threads. Of course for a better overview use the downloads section instead.
  • Box showing latest submitted videos and photos (note to self and @Dave Stephenson we need to optimize the images)

Last edited:
I like how total posts are shown on people's posts :)
tbh I liked this style much more
bandicam 2014-10-11 21-56-09-080.jpg

--
also, since this is the new feautres thread, will the "videos are now premium only" return to making album uploading for all members? Now when I want to put a video in the 2014 thread I can't because I'm not premium

soon breething will only be possible for premium members lol

soon breething will only be possible for premium members lol
Was actually making a long on topic reply but seeing this I decided I am not going to bother with is.

Getting a bit tired of your constant complains about everything Milos. If you don't like how we run our site feel free to start your own and offer the same bandwidth to the community as we do every month and see if you can breath for free.

If you have questions about the new features feel free to drop them in this thread. Dragging the thread off topic with the above is not appreciated.

Updated first post:

New prefixes for modding forums. You can now quick select and filter modding categories by their prefix. The different categories are highlighted above the modding threads. Of course for a better overview use the downloads section instead.

Was actually making a long on topic reply but seeing this I decided I am not going to bother with is.

Getting a bit tired of your constant complains about everything Milos. If you don't like how we run our site feel free to start your own and offer the same bandwidth to the community as we do every month and see if you can breath for free.

If you have questions about the new features feel free to drop them in this thread. Dragging the thread off topic with the above is not appreciated.
the rules to post videos in the forum are that you gotta put the video in the gallery. And how can I put a video in gallery if I am not premium?? Now I can't put a video in any game forum

I was not going to complain further but this is messing around with the rules imho.
--
speaking of the gallery, it hasn't been updated after you introduced this btw..

Sure they can post videos Dewald but we are attracting two kinds of visitors currently.

1) Community members that contribute on the forums, thats what we are: a discussion forum.

2) People that only spam there monetized videos in the gallery for a few extra views/pennies.

The latter group doesn't contribute in any way to the website and therefor don't need to have a spamming platform either. And as you can see the premium list of features hosting photos and videos has always been an exclusive feature for premium members.

That we don't want videos on the forum it self has a technical reason: if you have 20 posts per page filled with a video it takes a lot of time to render the page.

@Milos Ancevski for 4 cents a day you can spam as much videos in the gallery section as you wish. That you don't want to upgrade your account is your own choice and I respect that decision. However in 2014 we are facing a lot of costs and we have to pay our monthly bills one way or the other, simple as that.

On top of that a premium membership can be "earned" back in a few days: 10% discount on games, options to monetize your videos. Its not that we are squeezing the last penny out of people with 4 cents a day.

The cigarette that is now burning in my ashtray alone is worth 8 days of RD. :)

it's not that I don't want to - I can't, as I don't have a credit card to pay with :D

sure when I get 18 and if I stay over here I will do so

1 cigarette is 8 days?? 1 pack has 20, and that costs... around 1.5 euros here :D I thought it was much bigger :roflmao:

Added two new sidebar blocks.
  1. New Replies This Forum: shows the latest responses in the forum you are currently visiting (and its parent and its children).
  2. New Replies All Forums: shows the latest responses taken from all the boards on our site.
Especially the former should give you more insights whats happening inside the forum of your choice.

On request the Most Active Modders block returned on the resource index page sidebar.

Clicking the title of the block directs you to the overview page of the most active members that have files uploaded on RD.

Resource pages now show an extended sidebar block containing 10 other resources of modder X. For example see this resource of @chargingcar

Resource files now have a social media block where you can share the latest files with your friends on all social networks. Located right under the download button.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back