F1 2018 New F1 2018 Trailer: Plenty of Gameplay Action

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Screenshot 3.jpg F1 2018 Screenshot 4.jpg F1 2018 Screenshot 5.jpg F1 2018 Screenshot 6.jpg F1 2018 Screenshot.jpg F1 2018 Screenshot 2.jpg
A brand new gameplay trailer for F1 2018 has been released, once again showing what looks to be a very promising racing title...

Due to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC at the end of this month, Formula One 2018 from Codemasters is potentially the most ambitious release from the development team to date, making use of years of experience with the Formula One licence and game engine - the 2018 edition of the series looks all set to be the biggest and most detailed yet.

We already know that this release will contain more classic cars than ever before, and of course we know the game will simulate the 2018 Formula One cars and circuits, including new for 2018 Paul Ricard and the returning Hockenheim. We've heard about the improvements to the vehicle handling and feedback, and the updates to the graphic engine, all we have let to do now is wait on release at the end of the month!

I'd lost a little faith with the F1 game series in recent years, however it very much looks like this new title is set to put Codemasters firmly back on track once again.

Commenting on the game’s recreation of the real world sport, F1 2018’s Art Director, Stu Campbell said:

F1has undergone a huge visual rebrand this year. It has an exciting, fresh new look and we are looking to bring that into the game as much as we can. Our aim this year was to create as big a visual improvement as we possibly could to give a more authentic and realistic experience. When you see it side by side with the 2017 game I think you will see a huge leap forward.”

Only 11 days until release people..

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Tell us your impressions of the new trailer - are you looking forward to F1 2018? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That'll be my birthday present on 24 Augustus - if my kids listened carefully to daddy.

Despite no VR support still looking forward to this more immersive storyline career mode with some RPG-like elements. Choices will have impact also later in the career.

Codemasters also know how to make appealing trailers.

Got burned by 2017 on PC.

Can't get a gamepad setup properly so that the cars drive well. It does't recognise gamepads which use XCBD drivers, so I'm stuck using the crappy M$ drivers for my gamepad! It seems that in recent iterations they've done something to the gamepad input code or something. Gamepads worked OK in 2010 (the last one I actually bought before 2017), and 2016 iirc was OK using a gamepad as well from what I experienced when I played it around a friends house.

I also refuse to pay full price, £44.99, for what seems like almost the same game as last years, and I don't trust CD key sites who sell at a lower price - got burned by one of those on IL2 Sturmovik.

The price creep in video gaming is getting beyond a joke.

Won't be getting burned again...

Plenty of gameplay -> 45 seconds trailer including credits.
Now that you mention it, thats true. Is 17 seconds of actual gameplay plenty ?

The articles headline suggest that the writer didn´t bother to watch it beforehand or that the quality of journalism is simply going south to please distributors and developers. This is not what journalism is about, thats the job of marketing department.
Poor job on this one RD !! :thumbsdown:

I don't understand why developers in racing games/sims still not always implement vr. If you are seriously interested in making a race game/sim, it is simply a must. Being able to look in the corner and feel the sense of speed adds a lot in regard to realism.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
This will make the (unjustified!!!) hate for the abomination called Halo even bigger.
Quite the opposite. 3 laps in and people driving in game will realise just how little it is actually in the way and how once you're racing you never notice it. Even the awful version in Automobilista that blocks more view than Halos actually do is not in the way once you focus on driving.

If you've bothered to notice, the Halo has done nothing to make the racing and driving worse this season in F1. It has had no effect on anything, apart from Hartley's crash at Silverstone where it stopped his head hitting the tyre wall. It has done one thing all year, which is what it was supposed to do.

I don't understand why developers in racing games/sims still not always implement vr.

I do.

The amount of people who actually can afford and have VR sets are currently in the minority, especially on the PC where a VR set will cost you as much as a new graphics card (I speak of cost in the UK, I don't know about the rest of the world).

So, why create extra work for yourself when it will only be used by a minority?

When/if VR sets come down to reasonable prices, I'm talking around the £100 or so mark, and the majority of gamers have them, then we can start complaining that companies don't put VR into games.

The handling is much better, as is the FFB which felt really underwhelming in the last one.

It’s also surprising how quickly you adjust to the halo. That was my only reservation, but it’s really not an issue.

Not sure I want to pay £45 though. Any recommendations for other sites (I’m wary of key sellers).

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%