Need your help , GPU upgrade ?

A little update.
After the desillusion, i finally purchased the same asus tuf gaming rtx 3060 GPU from another supplier. I am totally happy with the new card. The improvment is nice, i can use more graphic options or have a great improvment in fps.
The cooling of the card is great. 56°C at full load in game on my pc.
I don´t need any overclocking/undervolting at the moment.
Nice to hear! Sounds great. The 3060 doesn't really need undervolting, it already uses so little power that there's not much energy wasted or coil noise.
At 56°, it seems you got one of the cards that basically have the same cooler of the bigger cards. Similar to the 3070 of a friend that has the same cooler as my 3080 (and the 3090 too).
Overclocking would be easy though:
Just install afterburner and put the power limit and voltage to the maximum (unlink power and temperature limit before, so it stays at 80°c).
It's just enabling the vBios maximum, nothing to worry about. Gives the card some headroom to clock a bit higher or keep the clocks longer if needed.
i made a claim and got my money back from visa card.
nice !!
Oh that's even nicer to hear!
thank you very much for all your help and advices, because in the end i think i made a nice choice for what i really need.
The combo i7 8700k + rtx 3060 is nice on my 2560x1080 monitor.
They work well together.
Yep, balanced combo for that resolution! Probably around the same performance as my 3080 at 3440x1440.
Make use of dlss at the highest quality available in the games. Imo it's just great nowadays. Looks better than without it, while saving energy and giving more performance headroom.

And if you find a game that has pixel crawling / shimmering no matter the anti aliasing settings:
Enable DLDSR (nvidia control panel, 3D settings, global: DSR - > select the two DLDSR multipliers).
It upscales the image via DLSS and then filters it down like normal DSR.
Doesnt cost too much performance and looks pretty great!
I use it a lot on my 16:9 24" 1080p Monitor for older games or games without proper anti aliasing (Gothic 2, Witcher 2&3).
Looks way smoother/calmer than my 1440p monitor without it.
I really try hard not to be a fanboy of anything, but as someone who complained about lacking anti aliasing for the last 10 years (transition from msaa over fxaa only to TAA in the gaming industry), it's a massive game changer.
Only works in fullscreen though. Borderless Window will show the upscaled image, out of bounds of your monitor.
Pretty neat for screenshots too, since the screenshots don't get filtered, resulting in a higher resolution :)

Last edited:
A little update.
After the desillusion, i finally purchased the same asus tuf gaming rtx 3060 GPU from another supplier. I am totally happy with the new card. The improvment is nice, i can use more graphic options or have a great improvment in fps.
The cooling of the card is great. 56°C at full load in game on my pc.
I don´t need any overclocking/undervolting at the moment.

i made a claim and got my money back from visa card.
nice !!

thank you very much for all your help and advices, because in the end i think i made a nice choice for what i really need.
The combo i7 8700k + rtx 3060 is nice on my 2560x1080 monitor.
They work well together.
Good stuff. Glad to hear!

Yes, follow basically every word RasmusP said above :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play