Need Help with Graphics

I recently put in an extra 4gb of ram in my pc to my current 4gb to make 8gb (7gb usable) i start rfactor 2 and it says Startup Error - Insufficient video memory detected - 512mb Minimum Required, Continue Anyway? which i did because i thought it was a glitch (i got 1024mb on my GPU), then run a session and i got nothing more than 20 or 15 fps, so i tried everything i could find and no result, so can anyone help me here?

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Sapphire HD Radeon 5670 1gb GDDR5
8gb Ram
ATI Athlon II X4 620 (2.6 Ghz)
800w PSU

I also got a screenshot on GPU-z to confirm this

gpu.gif

I really need help on this, Thanks if you can help me.

I recently put in an extra 4gb of ram in my pc to my current 4gb to make 8gb (7gb usable) i start rfactor 2 and it says Startup Error - Insufficient video memory detected - 512mb Minimum Required, Continue Anyway? which i did because i thought it was a glitch (i got 1024mb on my GPU), then run a session and i got nothing more than 20 or 15 fps, so i tried everything i could find and no result, so can anyone help me here?

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Sapphire HD Radeon 5670 1gb GDDR5
8gb Ram
ATI Athlon II X4 620 (2.6 Ghz)
800w PSU

I also got a screenshot on GPU-z to confirm this

View attachment 116780

I really need help on this, Thanks if you can help me.

Go to Userdata folder, open Config.ini, and try setting the following setting to the value I put here:

VideoRAM=1024

And test if it works.

The sim can't read how much video memory you have. Most likely this would be down to outdated drivers or possibly using integrated graphics instead of the graphics card and unrelated to the extra memory you've added.
I have to say, you are going to struggle with a PC this old with this sim.

The sim can't read how much video memory you have. Most likely this would be down to outdated drivers or possibly using integrated graphics instead of the graphics card and unrelated to the extra memory you've added.
I have to say, you are going to struggle with a PC this old with this sim.
i updated my drivers and most of my pc right now, just can't understand, like i said, do i need to reinstall?

Delete (copy/past to desktop) the config.ini from your userdata folder.

rF2 will create a new one based on your new system. Set your video settings again in the launcher.

The config.ini won't be overwritten with a new install if you don't delete the userdata too. In most cases the problem is in the userdata folder.

Up until last week I was running on an old 1gb GT nivda card an only getting around 20/30fps, now with a GTX 960 I'm into the 100's. I found rF2 very demanding on graphics were as for SEC, I could get 50/60fps on the old card.
Maybe run it medium settings see how it goes, try turing off replays an set video sync to none if it helps.

Up until last week I was running on an old 1gb GT nivda card an only getting around 20/30fps, now with a GTX 960 I'm into the 100's. I found rF2 very demanding on graphics were as for SEC, I could get 50/60fps on the old card.
Maybe run it medium settings see how it goes, try turing off replays an set video sync to none if it helps.
will try to tonight

my GPU-z screenshot shows it has 1024mb, unless Graphics cards can downgrade its memory
That's why I suggested you look at what RF2 thinks you have. I looked up your card and it apparently comes in a 512 and 1024 configuration, so something is definitely not right, but where to start looking is going to be the challenge. For one, I don't thoroughly trust the RF2 detection stuff because on my computer it reports twice as much video memory as the card has and the wrong OS. But I think it's safe to say that RF2 THINKS you have less than you have. Have you upgraded to the new Catalyst software?

Your video card does have onboard 1024 mb according to it's specs and GPU-Z confirms this! So, it could very well be a driver issue and it's very important that the old driver remnants are completely removed before installing new drivers! Note: Don't depend on Windows uninstaller!

One of the best driver cleaners i discovered is "DDU" (Display Driver Uninstaller). It does an awesome job cleaning out all remnants! It can be found here: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back