Need Help with Graphics

I recently put in an extra 4gb of ram in my pc to my current 4gb to make 8gb (7gb usable) i start rfactor 2 and it says Startup Error - Insufficient video memory detected - 512mb Minimum Required, Continue Anyway? which i did because i thought it was a glitch (i got 1024mb on my GPU), then run a session and i got nothing more than 20 or 15 fps, so i tried everything i could find and no result, so can anyone help me here?

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Sapphire HD Radeon 5670 1gb GDDR5
8gb Ram
ATI Athlon II X4 620 (2.6 Ghz)
800w PSU

I also got a screenshot on GPU-z to confirm this

gpu.gif

I really need help on this, Thanks if you can help me.

That's why I suggested you look at what RF2 thinks you have. I looked up your card and it apparently comes in a 512 and 1024 configuration, so something is definitely not right, but where to start looking is going to be the challenge. For one, I don't thoroughly trust the RF2 detection stuff because on my computer it reports twice as much video memory as the card has and the wrong OS. But I think it's safe to say that RF2 THINKS you have less than you have. Have you upgraded to the new Catalyst software?
yes I have

Is this the most up-to-date version?
Is your windows legit?
Why don't you up-grade to win 10?
(I recommend a fresh win10 install with a bootable USB disk.)
I'll look for Windows Update tonight
Yes It is
and
No because 1, I don't want to lose my files, 2, I haven't been given a pre-ordering free upgrade and 3, I don't know if i trust Windows 10 when it comes to requirements of older games and I heard Win 10 also spys on me as well (when i need to do business that needs no explanation)

Your video card does have onboard 1024 mb according to it's specs and GPU-Z confirms this! So, it could very well be a driver issue and it's very important that the old driver remnants are completely removed before installing new drivers! Note: Don't depend on Windows uninstaller!

One of the best driver cleaners i discovered is "DDU" (Display Driver Uninstaller). It does an awesome job cleaning out all remnants! It can be found here: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
I'll try that and see if it works

I'll look for Windows Update tonight
Yes It is
and
No because 1, I don't want to lose my files, 2, I haven't been given a pre-ordering free upgrade and 3, I don't know if i trust Windows 10 when it comes to requirements of older games and I heard Win 10 also spys on me as well (when i need to do business that needs no explanation)

Windows 10 gives a little boost in games
As for spying soon as the PC turns on some knows what your doing :p

If you buy an off the shelf system (say a Dell), it will come with onboard graphics circuitry built into the motherboard. For example, my 9020 came with some HD graphics adapter. If you add your own graphics card (I added an R9 380) by plugging it into the PCIe slot on the motherboard, you should go into your bios, find the setting for the onboard graphics card and disable it. An addon graphics cards is known as "discreet." The onboard cards use regular system RAM as graphics memory, but adding more memory to the motherboard doesn't necessarily mean you're increasing the memory available to the graphics stuff. So you don't want to run the onboard one if you've added a discreet card yourself.

If you buy an off the shelf system (say a Dell), it will come with onboard graphics circuitry built into the motherboard. For example, my 9020 came with some HD graphics adapter. If you add your own graphics card (I added an R9 380) by plugging it into the PCIe slot on the motherboard, you should go into your bios, find the setting for the onboard graphics card and disable it. An addon graphics cards is known as "discreet." The onboard cards use regular system RAM as graphics memory, but adding more memory to the motherboard doesn't necessarily mean you're increasing the memory available to the graphics stuff. So you don't want to run the onboard one if you've added a discreet card yourself.
where on the bios would this setting be because my graphics card is added (discreet)

I don't know what kind of machine you have so it's hard for me to say where the setting would be. Do you have any video connectors on the back of your machine other than those on the discreet card? If you have another vga/hdmi/displayport/dvi connector, then you have an onboard graphics card (most likely). What kind of machine do you have?

Do I understand correctly: you have on the back of your computer the video connectors on the discreet card and IN ADDITION you have in another spot vga/dvi connector? If you look at your motherboard, are those two connectors coming directly from the motherboard? If you have separate connectors for video, they you almost most certainly have an onboard video card. Some place in bios, you can disable it. See what happens when you disable it.

Do I understand correctly: you have on the back of your computer the video connectors on the discreet card and IN ADDITION you have in another spot vga/dvi connector? If you look at your motherboard, are those two connectors coming directly from the motherboard? If you have separate connectors for video, they you almost most certainly have an onboard video card. Some place in bios, you can disable it. See what happens when you disable it.
i have no onboard card

I would now ask the ISI guys directly why their software reports the video card as having much less memory than it really has.

ISI like any dev would only be retrieving this info through the windows API from WMI.
Without knowing anything about the OP and his system, I'd suggest at a minimum that his WMI is in a state of disrepair and likely further corruption through the OS.

OP, as far as spying goes... If you are worried about what Microsoft can see, you might well read up on how every detail of your life can be obtained through one source or another. None of them have to comply with international laws like MS do though ;)

problem sorted, much resource has been put into my browser, leaving very little for rf2, so when i fired up rf2 with chrome, it was better on high settings as well, this now tells me to what to do when i need to record or livestream rF2 which i am doing a lot this year, thanks anyway for all your help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%