Need help catching up with ACC.

Hey everyone. Apologies in advance for being annoying, but I've scoured the internet for answers and I haven't found any. My Google-fu is usually on point, but ACC is proving difficult. Perhaps my search terms aren't the right ones. I could use a little clarification and help. There's so many new things here, that I'm having a hard time catching up, coming after a 4-year hiatus from Assetto Corsa.

- First things first. I am on PC and I use an Xbox Series X|S controller. I know it's far from ideal, but I'm used to it from my AC days and it'll have to do for now, as I don't have room or budget in my current house to get a steering wheel.

- I cannot assing bindings to a lot of things. I've tried several times to assign new button mappings, burt the game refuses to recognise them. No answer on how to fix this on Google, ACC Forums or RD. All I've found are a few posts (with zero answers) about update 1.8 breaking controllers (I have to agree a bit... slight direction changes on straight line with controller create chaos) and that for some reason, the right joystick is dead weight on ACC, because it can't be assigned to anything. Is this correct? Also, when trying to assign the D-pad to use the MFD or cycle through them, it has zero effect on changing the MFD HUD.

- On that note, ever since I tried to remap the D-pad, the Pit stop MFD is stuck there. Can't make it go away and I can't find a way to hide it, since D-pad settings are useless. Rebinded it several times and haven't found a solution. Thee only bindings that have worked so far are gear changes and lights flashing.

- Finally, is the new BMW not available for some of us or not available during single player practice mode? I'm still using the M6 cause the M4 doesn't show up in my game.

ACC looks beautiful, but the ammount of initial configuration it requires is a bit daunting. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
I personally use a PC, I was just doing some server setup testing on a second PC I have the other day and my Series 2 Elite controller I have was able to map whatever I wanted to the controller.
It may just very well be a console issue.
As far as the M4 goes, it is currently only available on PC. It will be coming to console late February of 2022

I personally use a PC, I was just doing some server setup testing on a second PC I have the other day and my Series 2 Elite controller I have was able to map whatever I wanted to the controller.
It may just very well be a console issue.
As far as the M4 goes, it is currently only available on PC. It will be coming to console late February of 2022
Thank you so much for the input. I am on PC, too. Why can't I see the M4? So far I've only tried single player mode. I've done some more testing and I do believe that maybe ACC isn't registering my controller properly.

Last edited:
Are you selecting the 2021 or 2022 option(cant remember which its labeled as) at the top of the screen when you go into the initial single player screen? If the newest year is not selected then you will not see the M4 as it was not a car used in the previous years of the GT World Challenge series.

Are you selecting the 2021 or 2022 option(cant remember which its labeled as) at the top of the screen when you go into the initial single player screen? If the newest year is not selected then you will not see the M4 as it was not a car used in the previous years of the GT World Challenge series.
Hadn't noticed that. I feel so dumb. Many thanks! I'm a bit overwhelmed about all the information I need to absorb. This weekend I'll pull an all nighter and set up everything. Collecting all the apropriate info first.

How is your controller connected to your PC?
Bluetooth. No dongle, direct connection. My laptop has integrated bluetooth, as does the Series X|S controller for Xbox. i am having problems with that too... Apparently, these controllers have an inherent bug that makes them disconnect randomly and frequently during the game. I wanted to update the firmware, but I need to download the Xbox Accesories app and get a cable. I can't install said software due to some stupid problem with my account that requires a 30-day cool off period. So I have to wait to see if I can fix that. I wonder if it has anything to do with the inability to remap the buttons properly?

Bluetooth. No dongle, direct connection. My laptop has integrated bluetooth, as does the Series X|S controller for Xbox. i am having problems with that too... Apparently, these controllers have an inherent bug that makes them disconnect randomly and frequently during the game. I wanted to update the firmware, but I need to download the Xbox Accesories app and get a cable. I can't install said software due to some stupid problem with my account that requires a 30-day cool off period. So I have to wait to see if I can fix that. I wonder if it has anything to do with the inability to remap the buttons properly?
I had to get the wireless dongle for my PC as my controller had the same bluetooth disconnect issues. Since the wireless dongle I have had zero issues with disconnects.

I had to get the wireless dongle for my PC as my controller had the same bluetooth disconnect issues. Since the wireless dongle I have had zero issues with disconnects.
I read somewhere that getting a cable is also a good solution. I'm considering it, cause the dongle is somewhere around 40 euros, I believe. I paid 50 for the controller. it would be a shame, but if it's what it takes... We'll see. I'll get the cable and check performance. Thanks for the feedback!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back