GTR 3 release date and more content info coming soon.
https://twitter.com/simbin_uk/status/1164053385605255170

GTR3 @ Night looks brilliant.
ECeMYb_XUAA6Gtf.jpg
:sneaky:

They got a fair point given the target audience of that franchise mostly aimed at teenagers and young adults which, especially in the US, are know for doing irresponsible things to/with their cars the first few years they get their driving licenses, but there are a lot of precedents.
Meh, its a nonsense argument though. Teenagers and young adults are known for doing irresponsible things with whatever is around at the time, on planet earth, since the beginning of time. It's always funny to me (I'm 40 next year) to hear people my age giving out about the kids today when they're not half the dumb asses their parents were at that age. Go back a generation before that and you've got the fruit cases that raced cars that were held together by twine and dying every other day of the week. Keep going back and you end up with teenagers in charge of armies of stabby gentlemen rampaging across continents.

Corporations should stay away from moralising. They only do it for sales which is the tactics of con men.

nice list, still arcade style game, so if you are over 16 this is NOT for you, graphics will be awesome im sure.....not my cup of tea though
nice list, still arcade style game, so if you are over 16 this is NOT for you, graphics will be awesome im sure.....not my cup of tea though

Why can't someone over 16 like something that just gives basic entertainment?

They won't add Toyota's.... Toyota themselves became selfish and denied any of their old cars and even some of the new ones to be in video games..... (Old cars were denied mostly because of people using them more, which everyone uses the old cars from certain brands more than the new ones in any game I believe, example : BMW people use the M3 E30 a lot or the V10 M5, Honda OFC is the civic mostly used etc etc...)
Unfortunately your're right. But what nearly drives me crazy is how many people still don't get/know that it is not the game devs or publishers who are responsible for the absence of Toyota and Lexus road cars :/

Are you sure about that?? I just turned 20 and I'm a passionate Sim Racer myself (might not have the best setup currently bacause of money reasons but I'm still spending the biggest part of the time in simulators). However if I'm not in the mood for sim racing or exhausted etc. I really do enjoy driving some more or less simple arcade games.

Meh, its a nonsense argument though. Teenagers and young adults are known for doing irresponsible things with whatever is around at the time, on planet earth, since the beginning of time. It's always funny to me (I'm 40 next year) to hear people my age giving out about the kids today when they're not half the dumb asses their parents were at that age. Go back a generation before that and you've got the fruit cases that raced cars that were held together by twine and dying every other day of the week. Keep going back and you end up with teenagers in charge of armies of stabby gentlemen rampaging across continents.

Corporations should stay away from moralising. They only do it for sales which is the tactics of con men.
So because their parents and their grandparents were irresponsible aswell, the current generation should be allowed to be irresponsible aswell or nothing should be done about it? What kind of excuse is that? If anything, that should be the reason for advocating for better driving standards in the US (and to a degree, worldwide) and more training on road safety classes. There are multiple examples of yound adults aged 26 and below owning/driving cars they are not able to handle and causing fatal crashes, in which not only them but innocent bystanders/drivers lose their lives. A lot of it is fueled by being reckless on the road because nobody tells them any better.

Everytime I go on Facebook (or any social media) on so-called "car guys" pages/groups, the shared mentality I see is that of "I own a fast car so I have the right to go fast with it on public roads and I don't care if you disagree. Leave me alone, I'm free to do whatever I want with my car" followed by "you don't like it because you drive a slow ass car" followed by many other similar things.

Videogames, just like gun violence, are not the cause of it because it's their parents' fault for not educating their sons and daughters properly, but I've never seen as many young adults thinking "they are allowed to do whatever they want on public roads like in Need for Speed/Fast and Furious" as I do in the US.

Of course, for each kid able to afford a Ferrari/Mercedes/Lamborghini/Corvette/whatever else, there are 10 old men incapable of driving fast cars and causing accidents aswell, but while they're a lost cause, the newer generations should be told better.

So because their parents and their grandparents were irresponsible aswell, the current generation should be allowed to be irresponsible aswell or nothing should be done about it?
No, that wasn't my point. My point is teenagers are doing nothing that they haven't been doing since the beginning of time. Sorry if my post came off as directed at you, it was a general rant aimed at no one in particular, one of the side affects of getting old. :D

Your absolutely right about training though. We seem to have completely abandoned the idea of proper training, we just assume that people living in a sea of information are going to have the facts soak in over time. But that doesn't happen. People just pick up bad habits. But teenagers will always be reckless, for the same reason any animal entering adulthood is reckless, to attract mates.

Everytime I go on Facebook (or any social media) on so-called "car guys" pages/groups, the shared mentality I see is that of "I own a fast car so I have the right to go fast with it on public roads and I don't care if you disagree.
Why would I disagree? The funny thing about those boy racers here in Ireland is our roads (outside of towns and cities) don't suit these high powered slammed cars. They have to crawl around at a snails pace so their cars don't bottom out on bumpy Irish roads while I fly by in my 15 year old diesel van.

Videogames, just like gun violence, are not the cause of it because it's their parents' fault for not educating their sons and daughters properly, but I've never seen as many young adults thinking "they are allowed to do whatever they want on public roads like in Need for Speed/Fast and Furious" as I do in the US.
While the parents are ultimately responsible we can't just lump all the blame on them. Humans are social creatures and for as long as we've been civilised the children of a group belong to the group more than any individual parent. So it is a problem for the greater society not just the parents, it's always taken a village to raise a child, just lumping all the blame on parents doesn't do anything to fix the problems.

the newer generations should be told better.
Completely agree, I think children are a massive untapped potential, they can change everything in a generation. They adapt instantly. I think the previous generation will always be a brake holding them back though, perhaps a good thing in some ways, but also a big obstacle to making necessary change.

But anyway, need for speed. Is it bro enough for today's bros?

Wake me up when they remake The Need for Speed: SE , NFS 2: SE, or the king of all NFS: Porsche Unleashed.

This cute cops are robbers stuff with stanced out/wide body cars costing dumbass money that wont hold a candle to a proper autocross Miata around a "street circuit" is not my style.

Tell me again how you would like to race a bonkers looking VOLVO vs a :
Mclaren F1
F355
F50
Italdesign Nazca C12
Italdesign Cala - OG Gallardo, 4 seats
Ford Mustang Mach III Concept
Ford GT90 Concept
Isdera Commendatore 112i
Viper RT/10
OG Supra unmolested
Diablo
512TR
C4 ZR1
993 Turbo S
993 GT2
'98 GT1 Road Car
935 Moby Dick... Im tired so I'll stop, but if you dont get the picture.

EA Canada made the greatest NFS titles ever period. Spent a lot of my youth on those cars and titles. Remember the "showcases" for all the cars especially in TNFS when Road and Track narrated them. FML, I feel like a grandpa. The respect is gone.

Also I get it, times change, and that's fine, but they dont always change for the better. NFS 1,2,3,4,5 were the best and where NFS stops for a lot of ppl. These other titles are just pop culture IMHO.

Agreed on all points, except the Volvo knock. Volvo and Polestar are (is?) the only companies consistently making attractive vehicles right now. If Polestar makes a car styled like the Polestar 1 but shrunk down to the size of a BRZ and rear wheel drive I'd be all over it; hybrid or electric.

Frankly most of the cars in your list don't interest me, really. I'd happily take a Volvo V60 Polestar over anything from Porsche or Ferrari. Except, maybe, the F355.

That all being said, what they've done to that poor Polestar for NFS brings a tear to my eye. Poor girl. Wasn't long for this world. I'd much rather she appears in Assetto Corsa, as stock. Or a proper GT variant. :)

Agreed on all points, except the Volvo knock. Volvo and Polestar are (is?) the only companies consistently making attractive vehicles right now. If Polestar makes a car styled like the Polestar 1 but shrunk down to the size of a BRZ and rear wheel drive I'd be all over it; hybrid or electric.

Frankly most of the cars in your list don't interest me, really. I'd happily take a Volvo V60 Polestar over anything from Porsche or Ferrari. Except, maybe, the F355.

That all being said, what they've done to that poor Polestar for NFS brings a tear to my eye. Poor girl. Wasn't long for this world. I'd much rather she appears in Assetto Corsa, as stock. Or a proper GT variant. :)

To each their own good sir. The polestar stock is a looker for sure. But NFS for me was about the poster cars, I mean for me... F50 vs polestar anything... V12 vs anything, just no contest. Growing up with a brand and loving it I get it, I'm like that with BMW. But this is about the unicorns, **** that midnight racing nonsense.

PS not salty or hating just NFS stopped for me after PU, ethos was lost. I do however appreciate all car enthusiasm cause it's all a beautiful thing. Even if sometimes I get a good laugh out of it.

To be fair, I spent almost a year in NFS Underground on PSP. I was broke without even a PC at the time. It's playable, but this title? I guess not today.

Growing up with a brand and loving it I get it, I'm like that with BMW.

Nah, this is a much more recent phenomenon; the auto industry is in the crapper and Volvo/Polestar is the only entity consistently making attractive cars. I find that very sad, tbh. Looking at the cars currently in production, there's only one on the entire planet I actually want and that's the BRZ; which I do own. Only reason the Polestar 1 isn't on my want list is because it's too big. I used to love the high performance stuff as a kid, but now it doesn't interest me; it's all gotten too fast. Driving is only fun when you're near the limits of the vehicle. There's nothing fun about driving a Ferrari at 3/10ths of its capabilities because you're only a mere mortal and don't have the skill to push it further than that. When you know the car's got more to give but you can't tap into it, it's not fun anymore. My bone stock BRZ is a hell of a lot more fun to drive than my buddy's tuned-to-hell-and-back Mustang, and that's why.

**** that midnight racing nonsense.

Agreed. I can't stand anything about the scene; the attitude, the stupid bodykits and paintjobs, the music, the "flexing" (God I hate that term so, so much), the fact it's almost entirely about style, the almost complete lack of any real substance. It's all so incredibly shallow to me. Not to mention I'll never understand the desire to buy a cheap car and spend a hundred grand to make it a worse car.

I say this as an early-30s designer, too. Apparently this is the scene I supposed to like, and I can't stand it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back