Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I downloaded your file and installed it per the instructions. However, I am still getting the extreme brightness at the start of a race. I am able to adjust it by using the down button but by the time I clear the OR warning and adjust the brightness the other cars are long gone. Am I missing something from your download that fixes this or did I misinterpret the intent of the mod? I will try the SweetFX edit and let you know what I think.

Thanks again
so the intention wasnt to fix the brightness issue that many users suffered in v1.1 (rift users, sli users, multi-display users), however several multi display/sli/3d vision users said that this did fix it for them.
you are the first to give rift feedback for this mod post v1.1, did you edit the default.ini and paste the contents of Natural Int inside, then select default in game? AFAIK thats the only way to use custom PP in rift. The SweetFX wont help, you could edit the exposure section of the pp filter though to find something that works, i can explain what the values do if you wanted to try that

Hi Cris.I was instal again this mod and i get this message when i start the game
nnn.png
yeah thats normal, because the sweetfx/reshade package is still beta, just hit yes

so the intention wasnt to fix the brightness issue that many users suffered in v1.1 (rift users, sli users, multi-display users), however several multi display/sli/3d vision users said that this did fix it for them.
you are the first to give rift feedback for this mod post v1.1, did you edit the default.ini and paste the contents of Natural Int inside, then select default in game? AFAIK thats the only way to use custom PP in rift. The SweetFX wont help, you could edit the exposure section of the pp filter though to find something that works, i can explain what the values do if you wanted to try that

yeah thats normal, because the sweetfx/reshade package is still beta, just hit yes

I followed the instructions below, however, I did not edit the default.ini. Are there a different set of instructions for the rift? Sorry if I sound like a dumbass but I know just enough to be dangerous about this stuff.

unzip to the root of your AC install folder. Run JSGME and activate Natural Weather and optionally Natural SweetFX Addon then select the Natural Int PP filter in game, set saturation to 100% in graphics options

I followed the instructions below, however, I did not edit the default.ini. Are there a different set of instructions for the rift? Sorry if I sound like a dumbass but I know just enough to be dangerous about this stuff.

unzip to the root of your AC install folder. Run JSGME and activate Natural Weather and optionally Natural SweetFX Addon then select the Natural Int PP filter in game, set saturation to 100% in graphics options
Yeah so it is different for rift, I don't own one so can't be too clear on the specifics though, AFAIK you have to go to system,cfg,ppfilters, and edit default.INI and replace the contents with the contents of natural into (make a backup of the default)
Then select the default in ac effects settings and I guess it should work (or try none if default doesn't work)

Yeah so it is different for rift, I don't own one so can't be too clear on the specifics though, AFAIK you have to go to system,cfg,ppfilters, and edit default.INI and replace the contents with the contents of natural into (make a backup of the default)
Then select the default in ac effects settings and I guess it should work (or try none if default doesn't work)
OK thanks Ill give it a try and let you know how it works.

SweetFX is not working for me since 1.1 for some reason, neither yours nor VK's. All that happens is AC fails to start entirely if I use SFx/Reshade, and works again if I remove them. I don't even have any mods installed since 1.1 too, game has been reinstalled for 1.1 so it is bone stock. Tried your fixes but none seem to do anything. Here is the root folder of my AC -

Issue root folder.jpg

I can't seem to get it to work at all. :(

Nope, still nothing. The dxgi.dll is the one that is causing the issue though for sure, as soon as I remove that file the game starts up fine without SFx, but if I have it in the folder the game crashes as soon as I start a session and then the log file says

"
CRASH in:

OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 126 (Address: 0000656D)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 126 (Address: 0000656D)
ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 1114 (Address: 0000656D)
0000656D ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 50652DB9)
50652DB9 (dxgi): (filename not available): D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 50653ED6)
50653ED6 (dxgi): (filename not available): D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
d:\dev\devkn5\kgl\dx11\kgl.cpp (1425): initDX11
d:\dev\devkn5\kgl\dx11\kgl.cpp (83): kglInit
d:\dev\devkn5\kunossim\graphicsmanager.cpp (55): GraphicsManager::GraphicsManager
d:\dev\devkn5\ksgame\game.cpp (25): Game::Game
d:\dev\devkn5\acs\acs.cpp (303): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 750333CA)
750333CA (kernel32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 770C9ED2)
770C9ED2 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 770C9EA5)
770C9EA5 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain

"

Same error every singe time, so I guess the dxgi.dll is causing some issues to my game. :(

dxgi is the injector for sweetfx so yeah that is whats causing the issue, but its odd as it works for nearly everyone, maybe try updating directx, running AC as admin, disabling any game overlay software (msi afterburner, rivatuner statistics server)
see here for some other things to try: http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112

the dxgi.log file may be more helpful than the ac log

Yeah, that is why I said this whole situation is depressing, I know that redownloading isn't going to solve anything since my game was a fresh install anyway. The only thing I didn't try is disabling SLI to see if it works with one card, too late now for that... will have to test it in 4 hours. xD

is your game up to date? in v1.1 the files moved to the folder i specified. with the replays, i wouldnt expect any more transitions than the default filters, but because auto exposure changed in v1.1, it would make sense if you are seeing issues with my filter as the values were set up in v1.1
Upgraded. It works perfectly and beautifully. Stupendous Mod and should be adopted officially. I'm a 'Warm' person myself...:)

great mod and indeed no such hit to the fps as with the regular PP filters!

i am also having problems with swfx installed, the acs.exe crashes. without it it runs ok. no other programs run. meh

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Minor tweaks and remove some lesser used stuff

Reduced darkness of clouds in "heavy clouds"
Edited SweetFX preset - trying new effect - subtle but I think it makes cars (particularly red) look less cartoonish compared with the track. Also disabled SMAA as I didnt even notice it was on and think it should be up to end user to decide their AA sharpening settings
Reverted a setting for clouds in "mid clear" so it looks normal at morning/evening
Update to newer version of ReShade
Added back Photomode filter and updated to ac 1.1 standards as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 197115

What is gone is Natural Int Warm, Natural Ext Warm, and Unnatural.
I personally miss Warm one.
Why the Rum gone? :)

Removed Natural Int and Ext Warm filters, figured they werent used by many people,

mmmh, I only used Natural Int, because it was the most natural :(
yeah only the warm ones are gone, you can just keep the ones from previous versions anyway :)

What is gone is Natural Int Warm, Natural Ext Warm, and Unnatural.
I personally miss Warm one.
Why the Rum gone? :)
as above, figured not many use it and its just less effort for me this way, and if you like warm you can just modify the colour temp/white balance of the normal one

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.