Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please Help

This is my first mod install and I am pretty new to Assetto Corsa and sim racing. Tried to install the mod via the instruction but I think I am missing something.

1. Extracted the zip file to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa
2. Run the installation
3. Selected the filter via the app (all thid is now running in the folder called (Natural Graphics Mod)
4. Started the game but no filter

Should I copy the content of the Natural Graphics mod to the main AC directory? Or just the installation app?
Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Managed to get things up and running. Great mod!!! Ideal for guys with lower spec machines. Could push my gfx so much further. Looks amazing. THANKS!

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Few small tweaks

Filters:
Natural_Mod and Natural_Photomode:

Slight reduction in saturation (unfortunately brake lights get even more pale because of a bug in AC)
Slight adjustment to exposure/brightness (overall slightly brighter)

Rift:
Autoexposure disabled, need feedback on what makes for the best EXPOSURE value

Weather
Mid Clear:

Clouds greatly improved

Mid Clouds:
Brighter sky in middle hours

Cloud Textures:
Slight reorganisation

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the installation instructions it says:

"Warm Filter:
If you prefer a slightly warmer image, edit the ppfilter ini files and try these values at the end:

COLOR_TEMP=6250
WHITE_BALANCE=6500"

I'd like to try this, but can't find where you mean, what's the actual file name of the file I need to edited, and where is it located? Thanks!

Can't wait your graphic update for AC 1.6 I've lost almost double fps with new AC update.
It's been constant 75fps in Oculus DK2 before..
Nothing changed graphics/pp wise, so it's to kunos to optimise their oculus implementation. My filter will still gain about 10fps vs default though.
In the installation instructions it says:

"Warm Filter:
If you prefer a slightly warmer image, edit the ppfilter ini files and try these values at the end:

COLOR_TEMP=6250
WHITE_BALANCE=6500"

I'd like to try this, but can't find where you mean, what's the actual file name of the file I need to edited, and where is it located? Thanks!
Ah, at the end of the ppfilter file, e.g. Natural_Mod.ini in system/cfg/ppfilters

Do I have to deactivate this when using a CV1 Rift? PP Filter and AA is deactivated in the game anyway.
if you de-activate the weather mod, you should see that the default weather looks much worse with the default, (even with PP-OFF). try and see for yourself :)

There is a filter included in the download specifically for the rift, intended for use with PP-ON once stefano fixes the blurriness in VR with PP-ON

if you de-activate the weather mod, you should see that the default weather looks much worse with the default, (even with PP-OFF). try and see for yourself :)

There is a filter included in the download specifically for the rift, intended for use with PP-ON once stefano fixes the blurriness in VR with PP-ON

Thanks Chris, can´t wait for the fix :) It already looks pretty good but I guess with some filters it will be very very good with the CV1. I wish Sweet FX would work too with VR, that would be sweet :)

First of all, BIG thanks for this mod, it looks fantastic! :D:D But i dont know if it is this mod or some other mod (most likely) but i cant seem to change weather it looks like this now:
Namnlös.png

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance! :)

First of all, BIG thanks for this mod, it looks fantastic! :D:D But i dont know if it is this mod or some other mod (most likely) but i cant seem to change weather it looks like this now:
View attachment 137920
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance! :)
with AC closed:
  1. delete the contents of assettocorsa/content/weather
  2. paste in the contents of the "Default Weather" folder included in this download
  3. install my weather with JSGME

Hey Chris, great job. I am having trouble finding the exposure and saturation files in game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.. Ken
exposure can be set in game using page up/down, or you can check that D:\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\exposure.ini VALUE=1

saturation is a slider in the launcher graphics settings (pp must be enabled i think), or alternatively can be found in D:\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini:
[SATURATION]
LEVEL=100

These values are both the default, but i just advise people set these values in case they are coming from another mod which suggested using different saturation or similar

exposure can be set in game using page up/down, or you can check that D:\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\exposure.ini VALUE=1

saturation is a slider in the launcher graphics settings (pp must be enabled i think), or alternatively can be found in D:\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini:
[SATURATION]
LEVEL=100

These values are both the default, but i just advise people set these values in case they are coming from another mod which suggested using different saturation or similar

Just a heads up on saturation, you can set it in game with
Ctrl Shift +/-

Maybe not so useful, as It resets to what is setup on the options slider on game restart.:)

Minor update, primarily for oculus users (be it PP off or on, as there are tweaks to the oculus filter and to the weather that should be an improvement in VR vs v3.5.2)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOxCTWrDLatqhb1ek0wZzPZeipZ

v3.5.3
for oculus users:

pp-off exposure adjusted slightly in some weathers such that its better in rift
oculus ppfilter tweaked such that its less washed out in rift

for oculus pp off users the attached colorcurves.ini looks better for clear and mid_clear (horizon much less blown out in middle hours) i cant change this in the main weather files though as they are optimised for PP ON (ie the mode official supported by the game), hoipefully kunos will fix this bug for oculus users:http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...oculus-is-much-blurrier-than-pp-aa-off.33541/ as im not going to maintain separate weather files for pp on and pp off, this extra file is just for those who notice how blown out the horizon is with pp off (not oculus specific issue)

for everyone:
some super minor tweaks to clear, mid clear, mid clouds, heavy clouds (like literally one parameter changed in each weather, clouds, or sun colour for example)

so its probably worth skipping for monitor users -no changes to monitor PP (will see if v1.7 changes anything), will upload a v3.6 or something to the main mod page if anything significant changes in AC 1.7

Attachments

• colorCurves.ini
    270 bytes · Views: 328
Hi Chris, any updates on the natural mod for the new AC 1.7 version?
Nothing major, will adjust the clouds package so that it overwrites some of the crappier of the new clouds, and keeps the good ones so there is a mix of new kunos and mod ones.
Other than that, nothing significant new vs the version in the post above, but will upload it properly today/this weekend anyways

Nothing major, will adjust the clouds package so that it overwrites some of the crappier of the new clouds, and keeps the good ones so there is a mix of new kunos and mod ones.
Other than that, nothing significant new vs the version in the post above, but will upload it properly today/this weekend anyways
What I did yesterday when installing your mod again. I moved all new clouds except "cloud7C" and added the NGM clouds with it - looks nice but it was just a quick fix until you update :)

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

AC 1.7 and some small tweaks to weather

Installation notes:
The name of the cloud textures changed in AC 1.7, suggested update procedure:
  1. Disable and delete Ben Lee + WagnumPI Clouds and Natural Weather with JSGME
  2. Delete any cloudxb.dds files from the root of SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\clouds
  3. Unzip the new version of the mod to the root of your AC install folder, run JSGME and activate Natural Weather and optionally Ben Lee + WagnumPI Clouds
If you do things...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes